List Price Range

Used Sonata Hybrid for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Love this car

Mac Tennant, 07/29/2015
Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Almost 60,000 miles now. Mty wife drives this now, mostly in town and averages about 35 mpg. Only complaints, the navigation programming is poor and the indicated MPG is usually one or two MPG better than actual. Otherwise, great car, especially in heavy rain. The added weight of the electric motor and battery makes this thing track like a tank. Great car overall. I expect we'll drive it for years to come.

Not perfect, but definitely very good.

Fred, 11/14/2018
4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I wanted a vehicle for commuting that was economical, but roomy and comfortable. For the past 20 years I have used luxury vehicles for commuting, mainly because they were provided by my employer. These included 2 BMW 5-Series, a C-Class Mercedes and the last one which I still own, a Mercedes ML 320 CDI SUV. The company stopped providing cars and I bought the ML off lease and used it for several years as a commuter. Being a diesel it did ok for a big SUV MPG-wise at about 21 MPG. At about 100,000 miles I needed a newer vehicle so I did some research and the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid seemed price right compared to hybrid competitors from Toyota, Honda and Nissan and compared to the diesels available. I went for the base car with cloth seats. I must say, I really prefer leather seating, but the "Limited" model was substantially more expensive although it did have a larger display, sunroof etc, that the base model did not have. Not having power seats was also a bit of a bummer, as I was used to the feature. However, the price was really right. After nearly 4 years of owning and commuting with it, I have been satisfied. Absolutely no problems after 45K miles. Service is very inexpensive at the dealer, being used to luxury cars where even minor services cost close to a grand. Beyond the comfort issues of the base model, the only issue I have is behavior under hard braking which is different than with non-hybrids, on the other hand, at 45K miles, the brake pads are at more than 50%. This hybrid is also more reliant on the gasoline engine than I would like. I guess they do this to extend the life of the battery which has a 10 year warranty. Also, I get between 32 and 34 MPG, not really great for a hybrid, but it uses regular gasoline so my fuel costs are about half of what they were with the Mercedes diesel for my commute of about 26 miles mixed city and extra-urban. While the tiny display, the lack of power seats. leather seats and no sunroof etc. are a downside, the extra 5-6K for the limited does not seem cost effective. And, the standard model is just as trouble free.

Hyundais don’t hold value and lack quality

Angry12015, 11/09/2019
Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Hyundai doesn’t want to accept this car’s hybrid system has serious problems. At 72,000, ours had a hybrid system warning. It jerks on the highway and slows down. The transmission was replaced. Then 3 months later it happens again Hybrid system warning. We took it to two different Hyundai dealers and no warning showed up. So one day it happens again, jerking on the highway and no acceleration. We towed it to another Hyundai dealership and they found a brake switch went bad. Ok repaired by Hyundai after I bothered them about it. About a year later, hybrid system warning again, jerking on the highway, slows down to a dangerous speed. We were told it needed another new transmission. Hyundai paid for the rebuild transmission but we were out for the labor. I’d rather have a quality vehicle so Hyundai is forever off my list. They don’t have the Quality like Honda and Toyota. I personally believe Hyundai slapped this together just to compete with them. It didn’t work.

SURPRISE!

Lobo, 10/25/2015
Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I love this car as we have owned it since September 2014. It has all the makings of a luxury car. Love the panoramic sunroof. Car rides and drive is more than I expected and it is a very stylish vehicle. Two negatives are, passenger front seat sits too low. Although it is a limited there is no power seat and because of how low the passenger seats sits I wonder what would happen to the passenger if the air bag deflated, also says approximately 40 mpg hwy. Have never achieved that yet after 24,000 miles. Fuel gauge on dash is inaccurate when you check your mileage manually. Checking miles manually always comes out less mpg than gauge. It is a very hard vehicle to get the tank completely full as when the pump clicks off I have put in up to $2.00 more by patiently still pumping after each click.

OUTSTANDING MPG

DJ, 07/25/2015
4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

What can I say, 717.4 miles to a tank of gas. Traveled from New Era, Michigan to Calhoun, GA. Used 16.92 Gallons, averaged 42.2-42.4 MPG. This has been the ultimate road trip in my Hyundai Sonata Hybrid!! <br><br><br><br>

12345...7