Used 2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Consumer Reviews

Used Sonata Hybrid for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Unbelievable how bad

David Heyden, 01/26/2016
Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

This is my third sonata, my first hybrid. The gas mileage on average is 19 to 22, the electronics reset randomly. The cruise control has a mind of its own and when set at 45 mph I have had it accelerate on its own to above 70 mph. I couldn't be more dissatisfied. I have had zero response from Hyundai. They just transfer me to the dealership which hasn't produced any results.

death trap

rodney krepline, 11/24/2015
Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

purchased 2015 Hyundai hybrid sonata echo its a death trap 5 times step on gas pedal 5 times in 5500 miles the vehicle doesn't move when it does hesitate it makes a big clunk on driver side do not pull out in traffic leave more distance between you and other vehicles for safety reasons be carefull !!!!!!!!

Impressed so far

chillidriver, 06/13/2015
Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I don't usually buy new cars, preferring 1-2 year old vehicles but this car was offered at a great price. So far, I am very impressed. The advertised combination city/hwy mileage is 6.3 l/100 km. My first tank was 6.1 and the second was 5.9. The car is great to drive, nice fit/finish, no issues with the cruise on hills as noted in some reviews. I can highly recommend this vehicle. Note I had to give a reliability score but it is too soon to rate. ***** UPDATE: After a little over a year and 30,000 kms I have to say this vehicle continues to impress me. I spend a fair bit of time in my vehicle and I look forward to getting in the car. The mileage is consistently 6.3/6.4 litres per 100 km, which is great. ****** UPDATE: Over 40,000 kms on the car now. The mileage has stayed consistently good, although I do notice much better performance in the non-winter months. Nothing suprising in the maintenance, car has been great so far. I still love driving it.

What a surprise!

R Frank, 08/04/2015
4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Hubby picked this car out for me. He chose the baby blue paint, and it is truly very attractive. I travel constantly, and it has over 15000 miles after just shy of four months. I love the fuel economy, and that it will stay on electric mode even at 74 mph at times. We figured out that when I travel to south Florida, it should only take roughly 1 1/2 tanks of gas. (and that is all it took) The brakes are the only issue. Be careful until you are comfortable and familiar with them. They are very grabby. I use a very light touch to stop, apparently, this issue has been corrected in the 2016 model. My children are all near or over 6ft tall, and they fit comfortably in the back. This car is wonderful! I absolutely love it. Try one on for size. UPDATE: Still love the car. I was afraid of the sport transmission at first, but had to use it due to bad tires and a late snow. This baby took me up a mountain covered with ice and snow without an issue. Can hardly wait to play in the snow this year! I do not get the best mileage with the air on in summer, but it never goes below 37 MPG. So I guess I truly cannot complain. The only issue is that people need to understand that the Electric motor will kick in until your arrow gets over the blue line on the Eco dial. If you live in a mountainous area, you will average around 34-37 MPG while traveling even on the highway. But I don't complain, because my old Subaru was only getting 25 or so. The ride is still comfy, and we still love the car. Another thing to know about the 2015 is that it is very low to the ground. Be careful while you travel on raised and uneven surfaces. Go slowly over speed bumps! That is truly my only real complaint about this automobile. It is too low. It is great for city/highway travel. But not over country roads that may become uneven.

there is a reason I got such a great deal

dissapointed, 01/23/2016
4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

As other reviews have stated this car is downright dangerous. when the gas pedal is depressed to any degree the car does nothing for a few seconds. God forbid you need to merge quickly onto the highway or accelerate out of a tight spot because this dog wont do it. My mazda 9 feels like a Ferrari compared to this car. Brakes are prone to grabbing at slow speeds and my gas miliage is below estimates.

12345...7