Used 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

Used Santa Fe for Sale
Select your model:
12345...21

Pros
Cons

Favorite vehicle to date

bristol6, 01/08/2015
LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2005 Santa Fe LX AWD. The first car i ever owned was a Hyundai. Since then i owned a BMW, a Dodge, a Mazda, and a Chevy, and I have returned again to Hyundai. My Santa Fe is reliable, capable, comfortable, and relatively easy to maintain. They are fairly common vehicles so parts aren't hard to find. Plenty of space inside, and enough room in the cargo space to stow whatever you want. Folding the back seats down is easy and quick. I put some Toyo All-Terrain tires on mine, and i am comfortable driving it across fields, through mud, snow, ice, and sand. If you're looking for a reliable fun midsize SUV that you can take anywhere, this is your ticket.

Yea for Santa Fe

JOANNA KRIEGER, 07/21/2016
GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Whenever I , or have mechanic check, all fluid levels, NEVER NEEDED ATTENTION. The tightest best running engine of any car I have owned. Oil always looks clean. Teams fluid, same. Acquired in 2006. 2005 model.

Great running SMALL suv

drivenamerican, 09/20/2013
GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Our Santa Fe was bought used and now has 102,000 miles on it. The 2.7 liter is underpowered but gets great gas mileage. There are a few design flaws such as the third brake light hanging in the rear window, and the back 3 spark plugs are under the intake manifold, changing them is expensive and a pain. the last thing is the drivers seat does not go back far enough for taller drivers.

2005 Santa Fe AWD

Donna Nagy, 07/28/2016
GLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used and it has been amazing for me. Dependable and great in the snow. Electronics have been the biggest issue for this car. But I love this car and looking to get another one...much newer!!

2005 Hyundai Sante Fe -

SINGLE MOTHER, 08/06/2015
GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Kept up on maintenance, short in horn, hitch, driver window. Premature warring tires due to bad springs, replaced AC compressor and AC condenser. Cam sprocket broke, took car to dealership was told need new engine - WRONG! Took car to a second mechanic put the car back together properly and the car runs fine. Replace your cabin filter often. Verify your VIN number to your contract - mine did not match. Gas mileage did not live up to window sticker. REPLACING BACK 3 SPARKS PLUGS YOU NEED TO TAKE THE TOP HALF OF THE ENGINE OFF...

Time to move on, with no problems

Matt, 08/11/2009
GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle with 17k mi on it. It now has 137k mi. I have only had one major issue. The throttle position sensor went out. After I found a mechanic who could identify the problem, it only too an hour to fix and the cost was minimal. The factory tires lasted 100k mi. Another problem that was really a non issue, is that when I let the gas get too low the check engine light lit up after i filled it up and stayed on till i used half that tank of gas. I averaged about 20 mpg on all highway miles. It still runs great, just time to move on.

Loving my Santa Fe.

Mrs Jackie, 05/19/2010
GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first SUV that I have ever had the pleasure to drive. And I found that it has spoiled me rotten. Love everything about it. I am also short but it is easy to get in an out of. And it has the smoothest ride. I highly recommend the Santa Fe to anyone who is in the market to purchase and SUV. It is roomy and also durable. It has class an style. I have no complaints at all about the Santa Fe. I just love it love it love it.

A Great SUV

billssuv, 01/19/2011
GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 Santa Fe with 23 miles on it. I have driven it down to Texas and Mississippi and had great gas mileage. I now have 86K miles on it and have only put new tires on it at 79K as well as new brakes for the first time. I also have done my normal maintenance on it including new timing belt. I have had ZERO issues with my SUV and plan on driving it hopefully another 100K before deciding on a new one. It is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned and driven.

I recommend this SUV for suburban use

Steve, 11/02/2015
GLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Powerful v6 with quick take off & great 3500 hauling capapability. I haul a trailer with 42 ft boat no problem. The leather seats are firm yet comfortable. Cargo space is just right & roof rack is well designed to adjust quickly to any load. I have owned a Toyota Land Cruiser and I like this smaller SUV better. I carry a 21 foot surfski on the roof rack, tow a trailer and often fold the seats to take advantage of the cargo bed.

Will never own another Hyundai

MeredithB, 07/28/2015
LX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

got this car used from a family member who disclosed all problems, showed car fax etc. I have spent more money on this car than this [non-permissible content removed] is even worth! In 2 years and LESS THAN 18,000 miles put on it myself, I've had nothing but problems. Oxygen sensor $200, mass air flow meter $500, both front axels and ABS sensors $1100, serpentine belt + AC compressor $650, not to mention frequent fuel ups! I take excellent care of this car, always getting regular oil changes and monitoring fluids under the hood. Most recently the car has started to have braking problems where the whole car shakes vigorously (probably my rotors going) as well as the most horrible cranking, whining noise when turning the wheel even in the slightest. I just needed this car to last me through college to get me from A to B; it did that while being unreliable, breaking down every few months, and emptying my broke college student pockets. Will never EVER own another Hyundai.

12345...21