Used 2014 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Azera for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great Car

Ernest Montagano, 10/19/2017
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best car in the market for price, comfort and safety features. By far the best car I've ever owned for the money.....Sorry to hear Azera is being discontinued for 2018.

Hyundai has a Luxury Sedan, WHAT?!

Jason, 10/16/2017
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Yes, This is a luxury sedan in every way. It's outward appearance wants to be a sports sedan, but it is not. With that being said Pros: Good Gas mileage on regular gas, cup holders are located perfectly, LARGE truck, dual zone HVAC, Heated and cooled front seats, Heated back seats, ONLY CAR (not minivan) I know that has an electronic rear window shade and manual passenger window shades(my kids LOVE them), tilting side mirrors in reverse, steering is fluid and great turning radius giving you the sense you are dirivng a lighter and smaller car. CONS: not a sports sedan!, steering is fluid and has a little over steer especially at high speeds, window controls on driver side are too far back(I need to push my elbow into my gut to get the rear windows down), sunroof is complicated to work. Even with the 19" wheels it rides well, at 6' tall I can sit in the back seat comfortably, cool interior lighting at night. It sucks that I don't love the outside as I wanted a sports sedan (last car was an infiniti q40) - but I do really like this car. The technology package is a real bonus, but I did buy the extended warranty.

Best car I've owned

Don, 04/29/2018
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Sad that Hyundai USA will not be importing the Azera anymore. Best car I've owned. Perfect for long trips, cruising. Beautiful styling, looks. Comfortable yet not soft. Powerful yet refined. Need I add I'm sad? 85K miles as of October 2019. Still excellent! Only maintenance expenses: oil, filters, tires, wiper blades, etc. Not even a belt or hose! A few dents and nicks but paint still in tact. No rust at all even though I live in southern Minnesota with winter road chemicals used profusely! Changing to winter tires by Thanksgiving. Michelin X-ices. Also excellent for all winter road conditions. Use Pirelli P7s from April through October, unless early or late snows occur. Is Hyundai planning to export new Azera to USA??? Hope so.

Excellent choice...

woodsfortysix, 09/28/2014
Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Previously had a 2009 Genesis 4.6 - great car but rear wheel drive was a problem for Indiana winters. After four years, switch to another brand auto, but neither the car or the service was what I had with Hyundai. The Azera is the only front-wheel drive from Hyundai that is in this class. Extremely comfortable, fun to drive, great features, and extremely good value. This is our fourth Hyundai, and their customer service is equal to or better that what I experienced with my three BMWs, one Infiniti, and one Acura - I have absolutely no reason to go to another brand.

A Surprising Treasure

Jerzee Guy, 05/12/2020
4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Nimble, great to look at, and an unexpected treasure - this after five years, 116,000 miles. No complaints.

Not an Avalon

ed, 11/04/2015

UNBEATABLE AT THIS PRICE

Jerzee Dude, 01/31/2020
4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

The 2014 is my second Azera, which I've owned for five years. Prior to this, my son totaled my 2008 Azera which was a great all-around sedan, with some luxurious leanings. I couldn't see myself driving anything else before looking at a newer Azera. I quickly found the 2014 base model at a great price. I have now put over 80K miles on it and I still love it. The black color, beige interior with tinted windows gets me loads of compliments to this day. Had Hyundai not discontinued manufacturing them in the U.S., I certainly would be getting a new one soon. For the price, the Azeras are truly unbeatable. A wonderful ride combines sports with luxury, over 280 hp, and just about every feature you'd want, and it won't break the bank. At a minimum, I would highly suggest a test drive so you can judge for yourself.

My THIRD snazzy Azzy!

Livewiremd, 05/31/2021
4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I am the owner of a new 2006 Azera LTD, a 2013 Azera Midnight Blue and now a Pearl White 2014 Azera. After turning 101k miles, the 2013 was rear ended at pretty high speed by a truck! It became a total loss and I had to unexpectedly go car shopping. I have reviewed that car here previously. I really wanted to buy something different this time....after all....I already had 2 from different generations. I couldn't forget the fact that my 2013 had absolutely nothing break in 100K miles except for being hard on batteries. Only had to replace 2 batteries, brake pads and rotors and struts. All this was after about 75k. The only part on that car that needed replacing was when finally got a check engine light....it was a $14 GAS CAP! Thats it! I was looking at Chevy Impalas, had a Camry and a Nissan Maxima as rentals in the past. Although I always prefer to buy American, I just couldn't find a chevy or Maxima with any of the features of an Azera at close to same price.. My Camry rental was plain.....looked good on outside....but was a dog with the 4 cylinder. Maximas looked cool (finally) but have a terrible reliability reputation. The Impala looked great, had power (v6) but cost 3 to 5K more than a loaded Azera. Its also almost impossible to determine trim levels on the Impala due to all the models....LT....LS....etc! After a week I found a 2014 Pearl White Azera with 44K at a price so low I didn't even negotiate.I really think a white car is plain....but with the totally tinted panoramic roof, it looked really impressive. The 2014 wasn't much different than my 2013. Same engine and same tech package which gives you pano roof, nav, HID headlights with eyebrows, heated and chilled seats in front, AC vents and heated seats in back. Privacy shades in rear and electric rear window shade. This year did NOT include any lane departure or auto cruise features. Later models do and have Android NAV radios. My only complaint with the 2014 Azera is that it has same un-reliable NAV system as the 2013. You must buy map updates at 25.00 once or twice a year. You can do the updates from USB stick yourself to save dealer labor but they are still not very accurate at times. The Azera is a cruiser. Loves going fast on smooth and straighter roads but doesn't take turns or rough roads like other cars. At almost 300HP it is definitely a sleeper and it will hit speeds over 130 MPH if it was allowed. The 2014 has a improved suspension but still not quite there. If you want a car with more safety features like lane departure or a better Android radio you will need to look at more recent models. Im hoping my 3rd Azera will be just as reliable as my previous two. Time will tell. The interior of the Azera is more like a jet airplane instead of a car. The cockpit is well and neatly lit at night. The tech package models include cool ambient lighting that colors the floor and follows the sculpture of the door lines. It has extra features that you can turn on or off like a welcome chime. The Azera also has push button start. I would rate Azera a big 5 stars for the 2014 if it had a little better handling and a better NAV system. Cool-wise....this car is a 10! And you shouldn't need to buy any of the rip-off extended warranties since my 2013 never broke. Time will tell but I am hoping this one makes 200k (without being hit!).

51050