List Price Estimate

Used Sierra 1500 Classic for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Basic truck

Greenlama, 07/05/2008
Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Solid truck with no frills but dependable and OK gas mileage for a truck. I have a 2x4 but didn't get stuck in our large snow storm so with good tread depth it isn't too bad. I bought it for work but know I just use it to commute. I am glad I like it because truck/SUV market is in the dumps. At least my truck is a V6 so it gets about 16 city 20 freeway.

I really like this truck

Steve, 08/11/2008
SL2 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have made four trips from Houston TX to the DC area, a trip to the mountains (off-road) in Colarado, as well as my daily commute. This truck rides and drives great with a comfortable cab. The 5.3 liter V8 provides the power I want without losing the MPG of a larger engine. Could it be improved, sure. Probably has in the newer model. I would add storage capacity in-cab, as well as more functionality for cup holders and the like. I consistently get 15 MPG in town, and 20 MPG on the road. Who would not want more? But that's probably as good as any full size truck. Would I buy again? You bet.

i like mine

wreckerman9, 04/10/2009
Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

So far I'm satisfied with the ride, handling, comfort, and dependability. The mpg Is awesome, as I'm getting 25+ hwy, and 23 around town, with the v-6,4. 3l, I recently went thru 6 states, to see a sick family member, and the long range fuel mileage was great. The trucks seems to be well worth the price I paid, and I've had no problems in 2 years.

Solid, Well-Built & Exceptional Value

Mike, 06/30/2009
Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is a base vehicle chosen for utility and value. Only options are cruise, A/C and Limited Slip Differential. After over two and a half years and 34,000 miles I couldn't be much happier. I have yet to have a single problem with it. It has a lot of utility, ride is smooth and it's quiet for a truck - and more comfortable than any car I've driven or ridden in. Fit and finish is outstanding. Ergonomics are excellent Highly recommended

GM JUNK

Dave from Md, 10/31/2009
Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 8 ft. LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

problem with cat converter,trans took a crap at 80000,numerous lights out on dash panel,just recently the check engine light came on.not well put together,i always thought that gmc was a tuff truck,i guess i was wrong.the one good thing is the cat converter and trans were covered under warranty.but the trans took 3 weeks to fix with no loaner car,that was tough to go that long without my truck.i will be very worried after 100000 mi,i guess i should start saving now or trade it in.