List Price Range

Used Transit Connect for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Our Party Wagon!

Brian Mac, 02/27/2019
Wagon XLT w/Rear Liftgate LWB 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 8A)

Our family of 4 had a big Super Duty Diesel truck (to pull a 5th wheel) and a little Toyota Corolla. With a 15 year old in the house, we were going to need a third vehicle and we had decided on a mini van. We were constantly borrowing our parents vans. Everyone we know were buying Toyota Highlanders as they did not want to go the mini van route, but a van is so much more practical and comfortable especially when using the third row. Most SUV's third rows are not really usable except for little kids. Anyway, I looked at every van out there, both new and used, but one day when getting my big truck serviced, I rode in a Transit Connect which the dealership was using as their shuttle vehicle. I was very impressed! Long story...short, after considering buying a used van (probably a former rental), I started looking at used Transit Connects, but I fell in love with the 2019 models with the center screen that looks like a little iPad! I ended up working out a deal with the dealer where I traded in my Super Duty for a Transit Connect and a half ton truck (a 2 for 1 trade since I still need a truck)! Anyway, we LOVE this little vehicle! We opted for the 6 seat version since that is mostly what we need it for and it is so much more convenient to getting into the rear seats. As for the seats, there is a ton of room in this thing. The third row is very comfortable for adults...the only complaint would be that your knees sit a little bit high in the third row which could get uncomfortable on a long trip. However, you can straiten out you legs if needed due to the open middle. Some random thoughts on this purchase: Love driving this as a daily driver, almost like a little sports car! Plenty of power in the little 4 banger for daily use, but you do realize it is a 4 cylinder when you have 6 or 7 in the thing, but most of the time, I do not carry that many passengers, so I can live with it. I would not buy this for fuel economy reasons...it is not that much better than a 6 cylinder full size mini van. This vehicle is fun, zippy, easy to park, but very spacious inside when we need it. I am installing a hitch receiver on the back to be able to attach a bike rack. Thinking about getting a roof rack, as ours did not come with the factory rack or the side rails. Love the color (Magnetic Gray) and have receive lots of comments and complements on it, but I may order black wheels to replace the silver factory ones. Surprises I did not realize the XLT model came with: rain sensing wipers...pretty cool. Also, remote start through Ford Connect. I install remote starts in all of the vehicles we buy unless they come from the factory and I was having trouble finding an after market one for the 2019, then the dealer showed that you just use your phone and can start it from anywhere! Final comment is Apple Car play is awesome...had it in my Super Duty and love it, just plug your iPhone in to the USB port and you have all sorts of apps available through the vehicle! I will update if I have any reliability or quality issues, but first impression is GREAT! Ford should really market these more, but I was happy to get a great deal as they really discounted it since they do not sell a lot of them and do not plan to trade or sell it any time soon.

Sidestep a minivan with this Euro-inspired Van!

Joe B., 01/10/2019
Wagon Titanium LWB 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 8A)

An amazing family hauler without the sticker shock of the Honda Odyssey. And while this lacks the souped up amenities of other traditional minis like backrow screens, it’s a highly versitle car with dual sliding doors and rear bucket seats that get the job done. Titanium line comes with some impressive safety features like lane assist, blind spot monitors, and frontal crash assist/auto braking. Technology is superior with wireless phone charger, SYNC tech and plent of USB ports. Have gotten tons of compliments on Euro style and my kids love it. And for a van, handling around turns and corners is beyond impressive. It can be a tad noisy with radio off and the high ceilings means that conversations don’t always travel well, but those are my only noticeable drawbacks. Love this Euro machine!

Transmission issues again

LL, 11/14/2020
Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/Rear Liftgate SWB (2.0L 4cyl 8A)

This started out as a great van but after a couple a months the van would hesitate going in reverse. Than during a scheduled oil change they found a leaking transmission seal. had dealer replace it now the van has stop working altogether so dealer is replacing the transmission. Its just a year old and has spent almost 7 weeks in shop for transmission issues

Great handling and package - Also very unreliable

An unhappy owner, 04/26/2020
Wagon XLT w/Rear Liftgate LWB 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 8A)

Great size, packaging and handling. 1970s build quality, over 30 days at the lying incompetent dealer in the first 14 months. Dealer can't fix it. Ford can't fix it. Using the states lemon law.

Comfortable but has some issues

Lisamary, 08/14/2019
Cargo Van XL w/Rear 180 Degree Doors LWB 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 8A)

Plenty of room for cargo and overall runs smooth. However, the vehicle sometimes hesitates before taking off from a complete stop. Also, the review camera often has an unclear picture. The dealer tells us this is normal because it does eventually clear up. What, what??

Lucy

cc, 02/25/2020
Wagon XLT w/Rear Liftgate LWB 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 8A)

Gets great gas mileage, 20 around town, 28 on highway. Lots of sitting & cargo space. Lots of headroom. Peppy, even though a 4-cylinder.

Love but...

Wolf99, 03/06/2020
Cargo Van XLT w/Rear 180 Degree Doors SWB 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 8A)

Backup camera doesn't give clear picture or won't come on.... Today my van got over heater...today the temperature was 56.... Sometimes the reverse won't engage... I boughted couple months ago..with zero mile its 2019... Like the van..but I'm planning to trade in asap...I dont wants problems later

Nice van

Phil, 08/25/2020
Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/Rear 180 Degree Doors LWB (2.0L 4cyl 8A)

Had for a little over a year and have 30000 miles and have had no problems. Very reliable so far

Budget car at best

DM, 11/02/2019
Wagon XL w/Rear 180 Degree Doors LWB 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 8A)

Very low power ratio if fully loaded don’t expect more than 55mph on any up hill grade. Feels very bare bones, even with seats feels like the handyman’s van. Suspension not great- don’t even think about pushing around any curves as won’t hold a line without jerking. Kids were scared due to low set oversized windows feels like if collision they would end up in your lap. Ford missed the boat on this one. Slide doors are awkward and difficult to use - will hurt you when closing if not carefull. Rear wipers blasted off in car wash. Six seat, back row weird - very, very little cargo space when seats set up. Missing safety features most cars have - no blindside warning system.

Transit vehicle

Francisco Rosas, 09/09/2020
Wagon Titanium LWB 4dr Minivan (2.0L 4cyl 8A)

More than what I expected