Used 2014 Chevrolet Spark EV Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Spark EV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

A good commuter car.

limee, 12/06/2013
1LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Have had the car since August. Over 2000 miles on it so far.Acceleration is brisk and satisfying. Quite comfortable over bumps despite its small size and you can certainly appreciate the battery pack being slung low which really improves the handling and it feels solid and not chintzy. Be aware that using the heater really sucks the battery life very quickly, just use the seat heaters. I commute 45 miles a day and there is plenty of battery life in at at the end of the day, just plug into 110 and its ready for work fully charged the next morning. Sound system is just OK. Interior plastics are hard, doors sound flimsy and takes practice in closing them 1st time, everytime. Update. Cheap gas making the vehicle more of a hassle to charge at night. Electric costs are rising making little difference between the two fuels. Would really appreciate a 6.6Kw/h onboard charger such as on the Fiat 500e. Still enjoy driving it though. Sold the car Feb 2016 as commute distance increased, battery pack was not large enough, no charging stations at work. Bought a plug in hybrid to replace it though.

Love this car!

jsca72, 08/02/2013
1LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I've only had this car a week, so down the line I might sing a different tune, but I love this car! Prior to this car, my main car was a 2001 Honda Accord. I wanted to downsize to a compact and had promised myself that I would get a new car this summer. The problem was, after a testing quite a few cars, my favorite drive was always my Accord...until I drove the Spark EV. This car is so fun to drive! Where the Prius C slugged along and had no pick-up and go when needed. The Spark EV flies when I need speed. I'm easily getting more than the 82 mile charge range. Be aware that the $2500 California Rebate seems to be coming to an end and a quicker charging model will be coming out in November.

Who Needs a Mini Cooper???

adamjsanchez, 05/21/2014
2LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

After looking around at EVs for a second car (my commuter) we settled on either the LEAF or the Spark EV. Because the Spark EV retails for $5k less than the LEAF we ended up at the Chevy dealer in town. With the Federal incentive and our trade-in we got a lease for less than we spend on gas each month for my '07 Civic we traded in. What really sold me on the Spark was how much fun it is to drive. We got rid of our FJ because of rising gas costs and got a Prius, which is economical, but 'blah' to drive. No oomph, no giddy-up. The Spark blew my mind in terms of what it can do. It flies. No transmission changes and instant torque mean this thing can go. It's the most fun vehicle we've owned.

Very compitent vehicle all around

nmikmik, 07/19/2014
1LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I am driving this car for almost two moths now and only got a bit over 1000 miles on it because I do have another vehicle(s) to drive when I have to be concerned with range. I belong to one of the electric vehicle forums and pretty much everyone there, describes their relationship to this car in one word - Love! I have researched all electric cars available on the market at the moment and this one was a hands down winner for me. So far my expected range of miles to be driven keeps increasing, this morning it said that I have 103 miles to drive, so in my opinion the rating of 82 miles of range is very conservative, unless you a lead footed. My June power bill went up $38 v last year's.

Spark EV

austina, 04/02/2014
2LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Read the comparative C&D review of all electrics that rated Spark #1, then bought it three years ago, it is a blast, fast, great handling, amazing interior space given tiny outside (I am 6-3). 100 miles T 55, 85 miles range at 65, fast freeway trip at 75 to 80, range drops to 65 or so. Why doesn't Chevrolet push this car, it is excellent value with fed rebate, a modern day VW bug. Based on the Spark I bought a Bolt, my son drives the Spark, he loves it.

Great for driving 30 miles daily

Leo, 09/18/2018
2LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I've had this car for a little over 4 years with about 63k miles on it. Besides having one small problem where the 12 volt battery died for no reason it has worked great but milage isnt the best since the best I can get is about 72 miles on it now.

Spark plug

Dennis, 08/09/2019
2LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

After 45,000 miles the Spark is still a blast to drive. Most economical car on the road. Not just the most economical EV. Mine is a 2014 LT (DC fast charger a must for me) My tops is 540 miles in a day...4 DC fast charges. Quick , agile...It is small but at 6ft 3 I can stretch my legs out..It really is the VW Bug of the 21st century but GM makes more money on the gas Spark so they stopped it. What a shame...90 mile range in fall and spring. 30 to 40 % less in extreme heat and cold. If I can get a replacement battery pack that gets me 150 mile range I will keep this Spark EV forever..

2 1/2years and 30,000 driven miles into ownership

Jim, 08/06/2020
2LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I love this car. Due to my heavy-foot style of driving this zippy little city rocket, I am on my 4th set of front tires. This car is very quick and fun to drive. It is a small car and can feel smaller when jockeying for position against huge 4X4’s and tank-like SUVs. I feel this car is special... it is the first year for the Spark EV and the only year with 400ft lb of torque. Collectible...maybe. I don’t plan on getting rid of mine anytime soon.

Own a great electric car!

Cody Miller, 01/06/2017
2LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Awesome car! Fast, reliable, no gas ever, which is great!

Excellent commuter car upto 40 miles oneway

disbeliever, 03/11/2014
1LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I'm using this for 2 weeks now, to commute 20.13 miles each way. After driving 30 miles on freeway at 65-70 mph and then another 10 miles on expressways and 35-40 mph roads, I'm left with nearly 60 miles of range! The range is way better than the 82 miles they show. I'm only charging at my work, as it is free and more convenient. The car is updated with technology (as almost all new sub compacts are now-a-days), and comes with some leather + cloth combo seats. Includes tilt, cruise, on-star , hands free calling, and other amenities seen only in premium cars few years back. It is a pity GM doesn't advertize this car at all. Bought this after seriously considering Leaf and Volt.

Spark EV 2LT

lotsofpaper, 04/16/2014
2LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I leased the Spark EV in Feb 2014 and it's a secondary car and I travel about 30 miles roundtrip to and from work and this is on freeways mostly and I travel at about 70mph. No issues getting up to speed in fact I often catch up to the cars in front. I've come to really enjoy the quiet ride. Once home I usually have about 58 miles of range left, I charge with a level 1 charger at 12amps which is fine for me. I did get a Level 2 charger for free from Bosch but haven't used it yet. I would recommend driving this vehicle in mixed driving and see how you like it. Range will be impacted if you live or commute over a lot of hills.

Hot hatch on steroids