2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

The Devils pitchfork in the front seat
By Working Ron

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have driven numerous vehicles through the years all trucks. I have had some good and some bad on all brands. The 2017 I have today has by far the worst SEAT I have ever had in a pickup. Tremendous back pain when driving. I have three cushions in it and still take Tylenol and Advil to make it through a day. How do I know it is the seat? Asked a sales rep who the company he works for has chevys. Said they all have back trouble. Riding with a Sales Rep in his F250 Ford Lariat all day long no problem. Riding in Wifes 2006 Toyota Sequoia no problem. Driving neighbors 2006 Honda Accord, no problem. I drive 4000+ miles per month. I would not buy a chevy pickup until a major change is made in the seats.

Great value for a pickup!
By Nick T

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I’ve had my crew cab for a year. Throughout this time I’ve been able to travel pulling an rv, work trailer, and gone on road trips. Overall it’s a great value for what you get. Powerful V8 to pull and keeps RPMs low for lower gas consumption. Very comfortable inside and gives me the ability to us Apples CarPlay or connect to Bluetooth devices. Been very happy with this pickup. These Silverado’s are only gonna get better and better. Durable, reliable, Chevy...

Hawkeye Ride
By Sur

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

Black cloth interior not fun to keep clean. No heated seats, not good in winter. Love the ride & comfort. Visibility over the hood can be a challenge for my 5'1" frame. Electronics good. I get lots of compliments from the guys.

Bad head lights
By Bert

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Head lights on low only good for 300 feet. At highway speeds this is absolutly dangerous. If it's raining you need to stay off the road. Yes it's that bad, if you need glasses it's probably worse.

I will never buy another Chevy Silverado
By Doug Rockwell

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Google Chevy Silverado Vibrations before buying this truck. Vibrations and other problems that have been going on since 2014 are still not fixed in 2017 model. Dealerships and GM will not stand behind the warranty on the Silverado. After three visits for same problem dealership refused to work on truck anymore. Had to get GM involved and that was a waste of time. Looks like it is time to get a Lemon Lawyer and sue GM. Do not buy the Chevy Silverado there is a reason that Ford F150 is truck of the year again and out sold Silverado by hundreds of thousands of trucks.