2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Giaco56
By Giacomino Viglianti

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High Country 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

This is the best vehicle I could ever buy. It is a truck, you know it when you see it from the outside. It is a luxury vehicle when you are driving it and it is roomy when you are a passenger.

Enjoy the Ride
By Sam K

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I am 6'9" 295lbs the truck is everything it needs to be for getting in and out leg room inside is great. low out noise the power is a little light but in all it's okay. If any complaints I have is that if when I brake the transmission down shifts to quick sometimes

Hesitation on acceleration and hard shifting
By Churchman

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This truck hesitates when accelerating and it shifts hard in both upshifts and downshifts. I read a bunch of online reviews on various websites and found out this is a common problem. I took it back to the dealer, they looked it over, and told me the same thing--it's a common problem. They said it would work itself out, but it might take up to 12 or 14,000 miles! I've now had it for 9 months and driven it for 13,600 miles. No change. It still hesitates when cold and even lukewarm. Once it gets hot, it doesn't have this problem unless I really punch it to try to pass some slow poke. If it downshifts to make the pass, it shifts hard and hesitates. This is all very frustrating and really disappoints me. I had a Colorado for 13 years that had no problems of this kind. (It had other problems, but not this one.) This problem makes me want to sell this truck and go with a Ram instead. *This is a Custom double cab with a 5.3, but this website didn't give that as a trim choice.

My luxury car with a bed for my kayak!
By RW

This truck is a work horse! It pulls our toy hauler RV full like a dream. I can easily load my kayak & fishing gear & go. BUT it's the luxury that sold me! It's a truck that gets noticed, and it has nicer interior options than my loaded Buick Lacross had. We have a regular Ford F150 for a work truck, (and it's nice too)...but the High Country is the family car with plenty of space for 3 kids and all of our stuff. We are an outdoors family so we wanted something that would feel like a luxury family car but still be able to carry our gear. It's too expensive for just a work truck you could get a cheaper work truck with less frills...but for what we use it for, it's perfect! Also I'm only 4'11" and the adjustments for the seat/steering/pedals make a big truck a perfect fit for a small person!

Texas Edition, Texas Hot
By Pat Anders

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

How in the hell can you build a Texas Edition truck in Texas where it is 102 with a heat index of 109 and not put rear a/c vents in the rear cabin. I changed from a 2004 Ford F150 Lariat to the 2017 Silverado Texas Edition LT 4x4. I knew the ride would not be is good, but hardly any insulation behind rear seat. I added some myself and helped a little. At 70 mph you cannot talk to people in rear seat. With 15K miles I'm thinking about better tires to see if it helps. Why would you not put rear sway bars on a 4x4 truck?