Used 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
12345...9

Pros
Cons

The ALMOST perfect Pickup.

David, Zegler, 02/14/2017
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

#1---I like this P.U. except 2 things. You have to push extra hard on the brake pedal for braking. (Not a big problem.) ...#2 The Big problem is the Radio controls. To change bands or/and stations takes UnNecessary steps. Takes your attention away from driving. Older radio controls are much better. Update,It seems to serge when you ease on The gas peddle . The Radio is still a big Problem. The 4 wheel /2 wheel/ low range knob lite is so small, It is impossible to see in bright light. Evan though the 4 / 2 wh. knob may say 2 wheel drive, The P.U. can be in 4 wh. drive....( Poor Design ) The 4 wheel drive indicator knob continues to be a big Problem. Update, The Radio and the 2/4 wheel selector knob are the only BIG problems.

2017 LTZ Silverado Cheap Leather

Josh, 07/26/2017
Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

Owned my 2017 Silverado for just over 4 months with only 12,000 miles and started noticing accelerated wear on the leather seats. The dealer said I should drive with my shirt untucked so my belt and pants dont rub on the leather........ talked to Chevrolet customer care and they blew me off and said they wouldn't warranty the leather. They suggested I put a seat cover on the seats to protect them. Talk about a disappointment. The interior quality of the leather is very poor and the customer service from Chevrolet was the worst I've had to deal with. I will not be buying another Chevy. I've been brand loyal for over 20 years......and this is how they repay loyalty.

Super-pleased!!

John Kriewaldt, 03/09/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I traded off my 2012 Ford F150 for the Silverado 1500 crew cab, in January. It came with the V-6. I am super-pleased. the 4x4 mode works smoothly. The OnStar navigation , the satellite radio system, and the dual-zone climate control are all excellent. The V-6 has more than enough power for all my needs, which include towing my ATV trailer and my aluminum runabout boat. Unlike the Ford 3.5 liter V-6, which relies on high RPM for it's power, the bigger block 4.6 of the Chev has way more low RPM torque and power. Hence you don't have the high RPM screaming of the Ford, nor do you have the incessant up and down and up shifting of the Ford's six speed transmission. The Chev gives you the sensation that you are driving a bigger, heavier truck. I am very anal retentive about gas mileage. Every gallon of gas I have bought since 1982 is recorded in my little note books! I can safely say that the heavier Chev, with the bigger block V-6, gives me minimally about 1.5 more MPG for local driving and 2 to 2.5 more MPG for trip driving! I highly recommend the Silverado Crew Cab 1500 4x4 with the V-6 and the base level trailering package! BUT - two things annoy me. Worst headlights I have ever had on any vehicle I have ever owned. Excellent satellite and FM radio, but very pathetic AM radio reception.

No More Bowties For Me

Ed, 12/15/2017
Z71 LTZ 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

2017 Midnight Z71. Like the truck, hate the Chevy Dealer who sold it. Brand new, trans surges & downshifts too hard. Dealer lied & said Chevy didn't know anything about it. Nothing they could do. Different Chevy dealer knew all about it, had a TSB on it already. 6 speed trans problems. Tried to tow my Vette & felt like the trans was coming thru the floor. Beware. Lifetime bowtie guy, next truck will be an F-150. Update, 9000 miles. Trans banging on downshift. Dealer still lying. Update, 2019, still shifting rough, dealer Jerry's Chevrolet Balto. Md told me I had air in trans. Lol.

2017 LT Allstar Edition/5.3/6speed/6.5" Bed/4x4

ropiekunfd, 11/24/2017
LTZ 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Worst truck I have ever owned. Leased it brand new in June of 2017, have put 16k miles on the clock since then ( writing this review Nov 2017) and have had it in the shop 3 times since purchase. Issues include: 1. Transmission slam shifting on the downshift: New solenoids/control module housing replaced at 7k miles and told problem was resolved. 2. Transmission slam shifting on the downshift: Threw codes for Barometric Pressure Sensor, mass air flow sensor and air intake temperature sensor at 9k miles; all sensors replaced and told that problem was resolved. 3. Transmission slam shifting on the downshift: Front and rear universal joints fractured and throwing grease; universal joints replaced, new transmission map uploaded by dealership and told that the problem was resolved. The vehicle still slams shifts on the downshift (usually 2nd and 1st gears) in city driving/any stop and go traffic conditions. The more research that I have done has brought to light the fact that this is in no way an isolated issue with the transmission (6L80E), yet somehow GM cannot figure out to properly fix it. To put the icing on the cake, the frame is not painted but just sprayed with a tacky coat of remediation spray that can be wiped off with no effort, revealing bare steel (this was done accidentally when I wiped oil off one of the frame crossmembers while changing it). The suspension is so soft the truck will literally hop down the road when encountering any tips, or look like a low-rider hopping with air bags God forbid you are off-road. On the same note, the stock Dunlop tires cannot hold the road in wet conditions and offer very little handling performance. The cab vibrates on long hauls at highway speeds to the point where the center seat console literally shakes. The seats are beyond uncomfortable, for long periods of time, and this is speaking from trips to Texas, Wisconsin and Tennessee within 4 months time from South-Eastern PA. The only real positives of the truck include the gas mileage and the 4x4 system which honestly are the only two things that have really impressed me. Clearly I would not recommend anyone buying a Chevy as the overall quality is far less than what it seems every other manufacturer is offering in a half-ton pickup.

12345...9