Used 1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews

Used Monte Carlo for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

Loud Z34

montez34, 12/07/2008
Z34 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for almost 5 yrs bought with 78,000mi and it has been pretty reliable, it has never left me sitting anywhere. It now has 133,000 mi and a few problems, it doesn't want to shift from 2 to 3 when cold, shifts fine when warm, replaced intake manifold gasket, timing belt, and rotors. I think this car is fun to drive and looks good even with problems. It had Flowmaster mufflers when I bought it and I put a K&N intake on it and Splitfire plugs, mufflers rusted out about a year ago and it's loud as hell now. I think it has held up to my abuse pretty good though and I hope to keep driving it for along time because it's a summer car only now after I bought a truck.

My Monte carlo

Monte96, 04/02/2009
LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car from a private seller when it had 100,000 miles on it. That was 8 years ago. I bought this car in November and made a trip to from North Carolina to Wisconsin with it in December. Then we also drove it to Florida twice. I have had intake manifold gaskets replaced twice, but luckily my husband did that himself. I had a problem once with an ignition wire broke and we had to tow it to the dealership to get the "code" to know what was wrong, after trying everything we could think of. Overall, I LOVE my Monte Carlo. It has 213,000 miles on it right now. It is also in the body shop because someone hit me. It is a very sturdy car, withstands damage well.

Excellent car

bigguy, 05/31/2002
LS 2dr Coupe

Never had a problem with this car, never been in the shop except for routine maintenance. Better gas mileage than listed, sport suspension lets it handle great.

monte carlo z34

shelbyvillepd232, 06/14/2002
Z34 2dr Coupe

only big problem was the alternator. car handles like a mix between a sports car and a luxury car.

chock full o' trouble

djlotek, 07/04/2002
Z34 2dr Coupe

in less than 15,000 miles we have had to rebuild the engine due to a seal blowing and the oil level warning lights never coming on. The transmission failed and had to be rebuilt. the Theftlock system on the ignition failed and cost us 400 bucks to replace and we jsut got nailed for 500 bucks to replace and ALTERNATOR. this car has been full of problems and very expensive to work on

12345...11