Used 2010 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Impala for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

235,000 miles still going strong

Jay, 11/23/2017
LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drive a lot 35,000 miles a year, bought car with 10,000 miles, has been trouble free with minor repairs, and good maintenance checks. If you need a cruiser, with lots of comfortable driving, and easy on the wallet, this car is for you. I've been impressed with how easy this car drives on highway, really just sort of drives itself. Certainly not a sports car, buy I don't like to fight my car on long drives. I have over 235,000 miles on my car, guessing I'll end up around 300,000 in a couple of years. Still looks great, drives exactly the same, and expect more minor repairs and maintenance. I had transmission fluid changed once for maintenance, need another soon, that is it for now. Brakes are good, but car really lets loose going down hill, so they can wear on really steep mountain roads. Overall, great, I'm looking to get another, maybe a 2013, last year of this model.

V-6 for the price of a 4.

Frank, 10/04/2010

2nd Impala (had a 2007) and it is very good, improved brake rotors, lots of standard stuff (ABS, Traction Control, a great utility car since it has power for the Mountains ( 4's are a pain in CO). Ride is quiet, sound is OK, price was terrific.

best vehicle ive ever owned

andrew97, 06/14/2013

Test drove it 2 plus years ago loved it then and as it sits in my driveway now I still love it. I purchased a '10 Impala LT only 1 yr old with 15,000 miles. It now has well over 43,000 and the only thing it's needed was a battery and the air recirculation valve for emissions. (both replaced under war) It rides great, for an American V6 the mpg is not bad at all I get 25 plus on the highway and right around 19 in town. interior is comfy any problems are my fault. only issue I'm having right now is the pass front window motor is slow. with proper maintenance and driving less like and idiot and more like a responsible driver and these cars should last a very long time.

My Third LTZ Since '06

boycotseattlegal, 07/17/2010

G.M. Continues to build great vehicles. I traded my 08 LTZ for a 10 LTZ. I really like the built in blue-tooth on the 10. New temp controls are better. I'm a road warrior so I know what a car should be to be comfortable. Go with the LTZ model! You will enjoy this car. Its very solid. Take your new impala to a good tire shop or back to the dealer to check the alignment. This was second one I've owned that was shipped from the factory out of alignment. Your factory tires won't last long if you don't get it checked out.

Transmission

Aneca, 11/18/2015
LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my car in July 2011. Six months after I had to get evaporated canister repaired. June 2013 car stopped in traffic, it wouldn't accelerate. Had it towed to dealer they said transmission needed to be repaired. GM covered the cost of repair. April 2014, car stopped again in traffic. I had it towed back to dealer. They said transmission problem again. This time warranty was expired. I called GM and they assisted with half the cost. November 2015 car stopped in traffic again. I had car towed to dealer. Transmission again and this time they say it needs to be replaced. As of right now I'm battling with dealer and GM.

excellent car for the price

mmm18, 05/11/2012

I bought this used in 2010, with roughly 20000 miles on it. So far I have been very happy with the car. I did 80000 miles; only one minor issue with the gas pedal at 60000, but nothing else; I drove through snowstorms, rain, etc and I felt very comfortable in this Impala. Highly recommend it! Giving what I paid for it, I consider it the best car I have ever owned.

Great Car

Edward Foster, 11/30/2009

Great car. Convenience package with blue tooth a must have. Ride, handling, fit and finish far superior to my 2003 Impala. Only two minor complaints. My car has the bench seat. The storage compartment in the center arm rest is too far back on the seat and it hinges at the back not on the right side like my 2003, this makes it difficult to reach items in the compartment. The outside rearview mirrors are too small. This car is my third Impala and I am more than pleased with my purchase.

Fleet Car

Frank , 06/06/2010

I use this car as my company car. My last one was a 2007 Impala and had 100K before turning it on my 2010.I already have 25K on this one and had not had any problems . The 2010 model eliminates most of the Impala badging on the outside of the car making it a little more appealing. If you are looking for a large size sedan for basic transportation and no frills this may be the car for you.

not liking this car

impala1018@gmail.com, 03/29/2016
LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Haven't been towed yet but seems to be number of small issues, check engine light, tire wear, wheel bearings, otherwise driven 130,000 engine and transmission appear strong

Road Noise Anyone???

30_yr_gm_tech, 03/07/2012

I am a 30 year GM Tech. Bought this pile of junk for my wife 2 years ago and now has 12K on it. We had a death in the family up north and drove the Impala 1100 miles up. Absolutely the loudest road noise I have heard from a New Car ever! Forget the trunk bowtie ornament falling off, the On-Star/XM Antenna flying off the car on the highway, one of the tire pressure sensors went out, and last week the AirBag light came on setting multiple codes. Ask me why GM doesn't want to hear from me!?!?! My wife and I have had it with the car, tried to trade it in for a quieter car and no GM Dealers want to give me more than half what we paid for it on trade. Even with only 12K on it! Calling GM again!!!

51050