Used 2009 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Corvette for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

My first Vette, worth the wait

Dave, 09/26/2010
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm 38 and this is my first Vette. I've loved Vettes since I saw the old C3's back in the 70s, and finally bought an 09 Coupe last year, I've had it for almost a year now, with no problems whatsoever. I'm worried about when its time to buy new tires! Yikes! $1-2K, but I love the fact that I can take this car anywhere (ritzy neighborhood, fancy restaurant, meeting new people, clients, friends) and it is immediately accepted and welcomed, usually they are impressed and jealous! And of course you always get a few looks wherever you go. I bought the LT1 because I just wanted to have a Vette, didn't need all the cool features, although it would be nice. I get about 20 mpg, not bad.

Scary fast, manual Z-51, NPP

Ed, 09/18/2010
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

If you are looking for super car performance under 55k this is the right car. The sound of the exhaust with the NPP exhaust mode it's awesome. The car is willing to be launched and almost begging you to do it at every light. I like to launch the car when passengers don't expect it, they get scared lol! My wife's sunglasses came out flying out of her head one time. I got the z-51 manual and it is awkward at low speeds, awful to be driven in traffic. If you are getting a vette because of the looks only, get an automatic. A vette is a first class sports car so for me a manual gear box is the only proper option until they come up with some kind of real double clutch flappy paddles like Ferrari.

'09 Cyber Gray Z-51 6speed

gtfldad, 02/24/2010
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

What a toy! But only a toy...On the roads in the Northeast,especially after this winter, the roadways are more of an obstacle course. With Z-51 package, the ride can be jarring at times. The front airdam is way too low, but chaulk it up as an expendable item that can be replaced without big effort or bucks. I don't see reliability being an issue, as I've spoken with numerous of owners who have lots of seat time in their Vette with very encouraging feedback. Certain cunsumer magazines aren't consistant or accurate in their assessment of this car. It is fast, fun, iconic and efficient. I've had GTO's, Cobra's and a Grand Sport GSX. At age 57, I have the best of them all plus, plus plus

2009 Corvette ZR1

ginhg, 07/26/2009
ZR1 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The most dynamic Corvette that I have owned. This is, honestly, more car than I know how to drive! The acceleration is scary, rides a little rough, but what the heck 638hp and exhaust tones that rival a Lamborghini when the baffles open up. The best Corvette yet!

Best of the four I have owned, by a mile!

chugcatsts01, 12/21/2012
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my 68 in 1969, the 87 in 89, 05[C6] in 07. All convertibles. This is my first coupe and the best yet. The LS3 must be underated, it is way quicker than the 05 LS2. The standard obtions are too many to list. Mine is the 6spd Auto standard rear. The arctic white w/beige int is stunning. Mine has the Z-51 pakage and rides better than my wifes 05 Cad STS Northstar. She is jealous, just like anyone who hasn't had A vette. I was a CUMMINS Engine Dealer and understand tourqe. It is hard to beleive how well the traction control works. I know Corvettes for 33 years, this was a great find w/11,200 pampered miles. At 69 YO I have never had trouble with one. No one tries you at a traffic light!

Awesomeness

aecmew, 04/15/2010
ZR1 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This car is astounding. I'm amazed by it's performance. As a daily driver it feels like a regular car. On the track. It feels like a rocket. Out of the many sports cars I've driven. This is the most sublime. The track is its home but you'd never know it when driving it to work. Nav works good, sound system is good, overall ergo. Good.

Gorgeous Ride!

Steve Harden, 05/18/2017
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

You can't buy more performance for the money. My crystal red metallic tint coat coupe is the best looking car on the road!

Excellent Vehicle

AF_Ret, 10/14/2008
2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Took Museum delivery of 09 Atomic Orange convertible with 4LT, NPP, Z51, Auto, Nav system on 22 Sep. Drove back to So CA and it was the most confortable long distance ride of any car that I have owned. The 6 way power seats are extremely comfortable and exceeded my expectations. Handled like a dream on winding mountain roads. Could not believe the acceleration that this car has. Gas mileage better then expected, 26.6 MPG cross country and this included city, mountain and interstate driving during break in period. A great automobile.

Many improvements

Bill48, 12/12/2008
2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had a 2005 Coupe and had a lot of trouble with it, mostly electronic. I also was not impressed with the noise when driving. The 09 has taken care of all these issues. It rides better and so much quieter that I can hear the radio at highway speed.

2009 Cyber Grey Coupe

Mac McLaughlin, 11/19/2009
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Best Vette I have had so far. I have owned a 68 conv, 03 conv, 06 3LT automatic coupe and now a Cyber Grey Coupe 1LT Z51 manual with Dual Mode Exhaust. Only thing I miss about the 3LT 06 is the seat memory, makes it alot easier to get in and out. All the other bells and whistles with the 3LT are a waste in my opinion. Opted for the solid colored roof over the see through, too hot for Florida. Manual tranny is the only way to go with the Vette. Great daily driver. I am getting around 18 mph overall, about 3 mpg less than the 06. Brakes don't squeak like the 06. Buy the Wheel/Tire warranty from dealer ..well worth it. Best buy out there, $4K rebate on existing 09's made me pull trigger.

Vetteman

John, 02/28/2016
Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 2009 Z06 has been a great car over the past 6 years. Truth be told, we only have 19000 miles on the car but it has been everything we had hoped it would be when we purchased the car.

Best sports car for the buck!

Rick2r, 07/04/2020
Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great car, should have bought one sooner!

FUN CAR -- POOR RELIABILITY

SPAGHETTI, 01/12/2010
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Exceptional performance, terrific design, and fairly good overall comfort. It looks great, drives great and is most certainly a head turner. A superb bang for the buck. Unfortunately, I’ve seen my car more often on the service lift than in my garage. The navigation unit had to be replaced three times, and a very allusive grinding noise coming from the center of the car has kept the vehicle in the shop for multiple diagnoses and attempts at repair for many days. The problem is still not completely resolved. I look for the day when GM can manufacture a car that is just as reliable as Honda and Toyota. I only put up with these inconveniences because it’s a Vette.

Best Car I've Owned

sjambo, 08/04/2010
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm now 44 and this is the most amazing car I have ever owned - I wish I owned corvettes when I was younger. It has the speed, acceleration, style and it makes heads turn. My Z51 is not built for comfort but more on performance. I enjoy every minute of drive. I have only floored the accelerator once from 80 mph for about two seconds then I was right away at 115 mph - to tell you the truth I get nervous because of the speed and acceleration! This car is no toy and it needs a lot of getting used to. An equivalent car with this performance would cost you over 150 grand. Check the Youtube on Corvette vs Lamborghini, or vs Ferrari. The vette will easily outperform those luxurious cars!

Low mileage, full leather

Frank Dalton, 07/12/2016
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Resale prices on these are VERY low. For me, best looking Corvette ever--and I had a new 1965 Fifty years ago. Amazing performance but no fun at seven- tenths. If you are in a position to drive 100+ mph daily, this is a great ride. At legal speed, not so much fun. Less than 9,000 miles--mostly highway--in seven years. Always garaged. Always starts & runs reliably. Awesome performance. If you want a premium example of the previous Corvette body, check it out.

Exceptional vehicle

richardson, 12/02/2008
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is the third Corvette and the best one I have owned. This vehicle is not only fun to drive, very quite, easy riding. Is new red color with LT3 package. The seats are very comfortable, interior has been enhanced. The tire noise has been reduced. Mileage is great and car is still breaking in. Would buy another Corvette.

Awesome car

Mr. Radon, 12/17/2008
Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Did the NCM (R8C) delivery on 10-23- 08. After hearing the car rolled off on 9-23-08 I was like a kid waiting for Christmas. I arrived with my sister and dad. The delivery experience was super. NCM guide was awesome. Drove 3000 miles back to Seattle via Chicago, Denver, Boise, and then Seattle. I could not be happier. Over the entire trip I averaged over 28mpg! Road noise was not an issue. Wish all my cars had a HUD, hands free Bluetooth, XM radio and 505 hp! The hardest part is keeping the smile off my face. Heard a lot of negative items about the car like road noise, steering, ect.. Nope, 125% satisfied with my Z06.

2009 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Hatchback (6

Kirkland, 12/19/2008
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Traded in my 2004 Corvette coupe on a new 2009 4LT Blade Silver Metallic coupe fully loaded with the exception of dual exhaust. Was able to get one of the first of the new color automatics off the line. Added color coordinated spoiler and door handles, primium mats and a cargo organizer. Car looks fantastics and handles and performs to levels I did not experience with my 2004 vette. This car is not for special occassions, its ment to be driven and enjoyed everyday and thats exactly what I'm doing. Mileage and storage capacity on this car is the best kept secret. This car is awesome on so many levels. You have to drive it to believe it. My new K40 radar/laser system completes the package.

Bang For The Buck

larrythedog, 01/25/2009
Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second 427 Corvette, the first being a 1966 and needless to say the difference between night and day. I like most every experience I have had with the car, from the dealer on down. This car was meant to be driven every day if need be. One has to remember this is a sports car and not a Cadillac and so it rides like a sports car, no problem there. There are so many after market things that can be done to this car and the service manuals make it easy on the DIY’rs. Out there on the road there are not too many cars that can hang with you regardless of price. It's a gentleman in town and a warrior on the road. Love the Cyber Grey

3rd Corvette, the best one yet

Isgt, 02/04/2009
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have always had a love affair with the Corvette. My 2002 was an computer nightmare, lots of electronics problems. I then moved up to a 2006, much improved but I had some quality issues. 3500 miles on my 2009. It is so much better than my 2006. I now can say this car has improved and perfected. I am impressed with how quiet and tight just a real solid car. 100% the most bang for the buck. 430 hp for $43,000 I win.

Blown Away

Mr. Radon, 03/13/2009
Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Never owned a new car, saved up and bought this baby. Did the NCM delivery in late October, drive back to Seattle was a blast! Got 28.5mpg over 3,150 miles! Car is so fast, so comfortable. I love the keyless entry, push button start, bluetooth sync with MY phone, 6 CD changer that plays MP3's, Aux input for my i-Pod. Best of all is the configurable Heads Up Display. Wish they would not have installed On- Star, but I guess if I ever have a bad accident it will call home. Every day I open the garage door and see this beast sitting there I get a huge smile. Every once in awhile I drive to work in it, hit 120 on the interstate on-ramp, merge at 65. Yep, you can do that in this car!

Bill's 2009 Z-06 LT1

Billo McNab, 04/07/2009
Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Received my Z-06 LT 1 early in Jan 09. Had to wait for decent weather to experience the car. Had a road trip from Michigan to Georgia recently. What a Car. Overall 30mpg over 1700 Miles. My last Car was a 2004 SVT Cobra. The Z-06 is a step up in Car. Comfortable, thrilling and a looker ( Cyber Grey ). Very happy so far.

american classic vrroom

sketchbone, 04/18/2009
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Bought a black 1LT manual earlier today and I'm already hooked. My 4 year old g35 was giving me no problems, but I was aching to get a new American car to help my fellow citizens as they've helped us in the NOLA area since Katrina. Initially thought the cadillac CTS was the car to get. Then I thought, why not an American icon? Got the new vette for the low 40s ( a bargain), took about 10 people for a spin already. What a beautiful sweet deep voracious sound that corresponds to the darting acceleration as I step on the gas pedal. I only wish the sound system were a bit better( unable to locate the upgraded bose with a non-Z manual transmission). No matter, the motor is music to my ears.

The best one yet

isgt, 04/19/2009
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

3rd Corvette I had a 2002, an electronics nightmare. 2006 fast not a lot of built quality, 2009 what a great car quiet as any car faster then most great gas mileage, The base Corvette is the best value on the sports car market, Nothing makes me happier than racing a Porsche costing 2x as much and getting 20+ miles to the gallon. I drive in the snow rain and have never been stuck in this car.

A Dream come true

LovemyVette, 11/04/2009
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I will start by saying WHAT A MACHINE ! This is my second Corvette, my first one was a 99 magnetic red and it was a great car. My new 09 blows it away. I knew it would be better than the 99 but never imagined how much better. It rides great, handles like a dream and the dual mode exhaust makes a noticeable difference in both sound and performance. The 3LT trim package with the Z51 option also well worth it. Every time I go to the garage and see my Vette sitting there it brings a huge smile to my face !

LUV My Vette

orange09vette, 12/27/2009
2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Bought my Vette new in August '09. Drove it in '09 National Corvette Caravan to break-it-in. WONDERFUL experience. No problems with the Vette. Have had her almost five months now. Her acceleration is truly breath taking. Handling/maneuvering is remarkable. Styling turns heads. Vettes are unmistakable on the road when you see one. Waited most of my life to have one. Finally my dream comes true. These (C6 generation as well as C5's) are extremely well built. They are definitely keepers. I plan to keep mine and allow it to grow old right alongside me (now 49). Love my Vette. Its my pride and joy. Exhilaration does not adequately describe it.

2009 Cyber Grey Couple - 1LT, Z51, NPP

Duckman, 01/17/2010
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

1st time ever owning a Vette. Have always wanted this icon. This car ROCKS! I have so much fun driving this. The acceleration blows me away (I love taking friends for a spin and pinning them to their seat while I jet on to the freeway!) and the car is pretty comfy and drivable (I drive 4x week to work). I avg about 21.5mpg, but tend to drive a shade less than 80 (it's hard not to speed; gotten it up to 95 once and still felt so smooth I barely noticed). Paid ~39.5k+ tax, etc (amazing how low these cars are going for now) and am absolutely thrilled with the car and the value I am getting. Like others, this car puts a smile on my face when I see it. You will not find a better value!

WOW! Worth the Wait

orange vette, 02/09/2010
2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

What a car. To find a different car that compares with the performance of this car would mean you would have to spend $150,000 dollars. The build quality is excellent. It is tight, no squeaks or rattles. It handles great. The acceleration is truly awesome, breath taking. This car is fun to drive. Styling turns head. Its very nice handling in town and a beast on the open road. My Vette has the NPP exhaust (dual-mode exhaust), Z51 Performance package, 6sp/man and 3LT pkg. Atomic Orange. The performance value of the Vette CANNOT be beat. It's a world class supercar. Hands down. And you will not have to spend world class price to own one. Lots of performance bang coupled with great styling. WOW

Best they've ever been

Vette4Life, 04/18/2010
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This car is absolutely breathtaking. The performance so far outclasses any other domestic performance car. Mustangs, SRT8's, Trans Am's, big block Olds 442's and Buick Gran Sport 455's, I've owned them all and NONE come close to a new Corvette. 0-60 in 4.1 seconds, quarter mile in 12.1 and a top speed of 190 mph prove what a super car this is. Mine is stripped down for lighter weight, only a 1LT, F55, NPP car but I love it. I will always have a Corvette going forward. I'm only sorry that i waited until I was 50 to get it!

Amazing Car

drmdicarlo, 05/17/2010
Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is easily the finest car I have ever owned. Much better overall than my previous Porsche 911 or my Acura NSX. I absolutely cannot imagine another car being any more invigorating to drive. I am tall and I fit inside this car much better than the others as well. My only complaint is the lack of 6 way adjustable seats (I like more lumbar support).

Fabulous car

Pat, 05/15/2019
2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Second Corvette. First was a 2000. The 2009 is a substantial improvement in many areas; acceleration, ride, comfort, and functionality. So much fun to drive. A real head turner when driven down the street. Just pure quality throughout. It is a true sports car. What you give up in comfort is made up (easily) in just pure fun driving experience.

'08-Z06 to '09 Callaway

WFO(selectively), 01/19/2010
Competition Sport Spec Ed 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

All an individual has to do is test drive a current vette in any form to measure it up versus the other brands in it's class and the value is so remarkably apparent.Purchased a 'o8zo6 coupe and the bug of exhilaration hit me during the few thousand miles I put on it. I traded it in after six months as if the 505hp.7.0ltr didn't suffice. Had to go for a 580hp.t-top cyber-grey 6spd. callaway-vette with a super-charged 6.3l(LS3)Also, add the lightest road wheel available,some oversized brakes,short-throw shifter,sport seat package and multi-pro suspension system. You have a vehicle that equals the ZR1 in the quarter mile and is warrantied 3yrs/36000mile powertrain for much less dinero.

Great Machine

ballistix, 09/23/2008
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Bought my 09 Cyber Gray coupe three weeks ago. Equipped with 3LT, Z51, NPP, 6 sp, 2 tone ebony/titanium interior and forged polished wheels - this car is very fast and refined compared to my C5 ZO6. Fantastic engine -torque like a train and always just a toe tap away. Clutch is very smooth and shifter is much more refined. Interior is more polished than past generations. Car is very quiet and smooth inside without tire rumble. In fact, I could stand to hear that beautiful exhaust of the NPP all the time rather than just above 3500rpm (where is that fuse?). Absolutely a great ride and a best buy compared to the other vehicles in its class.

What a ride

2vetter, 12/23/2008
2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd Vette and this lady is not only good looking but fast & fun to drive. I also have a 99 and love the change in headlights on this one. The paddle shift provides a real sporty feel to an already sporty car. After siting in one at a car show this year, I am looking forward to spring when I can really enjoy the removable top and the awesome Bose sound system. I had a creaking noise when first purchsed but thanks to a service bulletin it was due to unlubricated roof panel latches. The dealer took care of it and I am a very satisfied driver. This car has a noticeable power increase vs my 99 and the cyber grey was a fantastic choice

What a car!

pasadena, 05/08/2009
Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

My first vet. Always wanted a vet so I went with the z06. This car has the numbers like the 911 turbo but z06 won't drain your savings account. The car has so much power and the handling is just solid!

51050