Used 2005 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews

Used Colorado for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...40

Pros
Cons

Very Reliable Truck - Trailers Great!!

scott, 06/22/2009
4dr Crew Cab ZQ8 LS Base Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I have had pretty good luck with this Chevy. I bought it with 8K miles, and it now has 52K miles. I have driven across country with a boat trailer weighing 2500 lbs, as well as a camper weighing 3000 lbs, and also a camper weighing 4000 lbs. It pulled all of the trailers smoothly with no problem. It has the sport suspension package which helps great for handling. The longest drive with a trailer was about 600 miles, and it was the 4000 lb(24 ft) camper, I had no problem keeping it at 60-65 mph across KS and MO. I had the stabilizer bars on. It handles a trailer great with the added Class III hitch, aftermarket. Best gas mileage I had was 26mpg with full bed going 65mph.

A great Experience

Mrcadilac, 07/17/2004
4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

I think the Colorado has a nice ride, better than I expected. The 5 Cyl has enough pick up and go for normal driving. The passing gear works fine, when it is needed. i cruise at 65 with no problem. I haven't had it for long, but I tested a lot of mid sized pick/ups before spending 25K. Colorado so far has met my expectations, considering the other comparable models cost much more.

Not a bad truck

J in Jax, 02/17/2005
4dr Crew Cab Z71 LS Rwd SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Not as big as some of the newer trucks by Dodge, Nissan and Toyota, but if you truly want a small truck with decent gas mileage this is a nice truck. The power off the line is kind of weak, but when passing, the truck can handle its own. The power is steady all the way up. Not jumpy like my full size Sierra. I love the Z71 package. It brings the truck up higher but not too high to load things like the new full size trucks. Overall looks really grew on me too. I used to hate the front but it grew on me enough to buy one.

Built Cheap 05 Colorado

jsken, 04/15/2009
2dr Regular Cab ZQ8 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

This truck is cheaply built. I have had to replace the tires on it at 30K miles. Now they tell me I need to spend $1500-2000 on new brakes, shocks, struts, and tie rods. I have had the front end aligned once and it needs it again at 50K miles. The interior molding in the windshield was ruined after 1 year. Numerous rattles and squeaks. I would be ashamed as a manufacturer to sell this vehicle.

I love it

Ken, 12/26/2009
4dr Extended Cab Z71 Rwd SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Colorado used 2 years ago. Other than normal servicing, all I have replaced is the battery at 5 years. I drove it home (550 miles) in a snow storm and got 24.0 on the first tank and 24.4 mpg on the second. In town I get between 20 and 21. The work truck the seats are non-reclining and terrible. I replaced them with a used set of very comfortable LT seats. Traction on the OEM General Ameritracs is terrible. I now have 74,000 miles and can not wear them out. I bought two General AT22 for this winter and the traction is unbelievable. I'll buy two more as soon as I wear out the original Ameritracs. I'm looking at a 2006 for my daughter this week. Great truck!!!

12345...40