Used 1992 Chevrolet Caprice Consumer Reviews

$776 - $1,809

Used Caprice for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Best New and used car I've owned

HGB, 05/29/2004
Classic 4dr Sedan

I bought my first Caprice new in October of 1991. When I can across another one in 2000 with only 40k miles, I had to pick it up also. They are a very comfortable car with enough of an engine to move it along nicely. On long highway trips it also gets decent gas mileage (25MPG on one and 27MPG on the other). If they still made these I would buy a new one.

Love it

goldvirg01, 11/09/2006
Classic 4dr Sedan

This is my 2nd Caprice. The 1st was a '91. It has 152,000 miles and rides pefect. Drinks too much gas. I get about a little over 200 miles on a full tank and I use premium gas. But it only drinks like that in the city. Strong motor. Not fast at all, but strong. Will burn rubber. Very heavy car. Fun to drive. I think it is one of the best cars ever made, except for the gas mileage. 91-93 were the best years from my experience.

best used car ever

rttaylor, 04/04/2003
4dr Sedan

After I bought this car all I had to do to it was changed the oil. Interior spotless and the engine was clean. At first I thought I would never find a clean chevy that would run good in January without spending some money on repairs. But this car started perfectly when temp was below zero. Only a chevy would handle like this. Praise God for being so good to the chevy name.

Caprice Classic Love it!

schlots, 03/10/2004
Classic 4dr Sedan

Purcased this car on an estate auction with 27,000 miles in 2001. Best car I have ever owned! Luxury, reliability, great to drive, and best of all, very economical.

Wagon Review

Y, 02/27/2002
4dr Wagon

Kids love stationwagons! It's so unlike the traditional van. They get a kick out of the back door opening sideways or down and facing the opposite way.

Ex-Cop Car

327capricess, 02/05/2007
4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 170000km on the engine. It has proven to still be a strong engine. I have buried the needle on the speedo and it was still pulling hard. The suspension is unbelievable. I have approached corners with slow to 60km signs and maintained a speed of 120km without any tire squeal nor slippage. The $1300 Fulda tires help out too. The dual bench seats are excellent for comfort. Lots of elbow room. This car is one of the most well balanced cars I have ever seen. I would buy this car over any Vette. Want power, open the hood and see all the room you have for a big block.you want speed, you have it.this car is very steamlined for the highway.want to get noticed, blow the comp away.

Alan, 09/05/2008
4dr Sedan

Good car, good gas mileage, fits a lot of people. Bought it with 116,000 miles on it has never had a problem except for light bulbs going out. Rear defroster does not work right now. Gas mileage is not bad. I average around 20- 23 mpg with marathon gasoline. Has rust on bottom rear fender behind tire and has a lot of rust under the car

Attractive & Powerful

Dairenn Lombard, 09/20/2002
4dr Sedan

The best looking vehicle ever designed combined with V8 power and a roomy interior makes this the perfect car for anyone, but, especally familes. Unless you're towing a lot of cargo, the 20.4 cubic ft. of trunk space plus the 5-passenger (6 if kids are in the back) leaves much to be desired in the way of an ugly SUV. Low maint. and 100's of thousands of miles will go by before you have to get something else.

good car

gebo, 11/15/2002
4dr Sedan

Bought vehicle new in 1992. Currently 120000 miles. Reliable. replaced radiator, alternator only. wear and tear - 2 batteries, two sets of tires, two brake jobs. No engine or transmission repairs. original exhaust system still on car. Still gets 25 mpg highway, 18 mpg city. I will own this car for several more years.

a great classic

fishdude, 02/01/2003
Classic 4dr Sedan

I actually had a 93' caprice. this was my fisrt car. i loved it so much. the exterior styling is just so unique and admirable. i bought this car used with the above mileage on it. it ran great, tranny shifted smoother than a baby's ass. great acceloration from the 16V 5 liter engine. most comforatable car i ever been in. sadly i got in a bad wreck with this car and totalled it. i really miss this one. great car!!!

51050