Used 2015 BMW 2 Series Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used 2 Series for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

A Fun Car for Daily Driving!

Albert, 09/30/2018
228i 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

If someone is concerned about maintenance costs, don't look at this type of car! The run flat tires on this car alone are about $2,000! Parts and labor can be expensive, so I suggest getting a CPO car if buying used or an extended warranty. Our car has the M Sport PKG which gives you a choice of suspension handling. Incorporating staggered tires and performance tires. Living in Arizona these tires are great. Not sure good they would be in bad weather. Trunk space for a convertible is pretty good, actually better than the hard top convertibles, because the soft top doesn't take up as much trunk space. Between the 3 series and 2 series convertible, the 2 series has 2 cubic more space. Rear seat sitting maybe a bit smaller than the 3 series, but bigger than the previous 1 series. The 2 series convertible replaces the 3 and 1 series, with the 3 series seeing an end to convertibles in 2016. I personally prefer the soft top, less moving parts and sportier looks. Some my think that the soft top would be noisier than the hard top. Frankly from driving both I really didn't notice much difference.

The perfect size BMW

Bluesmobile, 12/18/2018
228i xDrive 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Handles great and the turbo in line 4 engine is just the right size for this car. I have no need to do 0-60 in less than 5 seconds; 5.5 is plenty fast enough. This thing moves. Some options should really come as standard features for the price. But the driving experience is so rewarding it makes it worth it. Time will tell how the top and folding mechanism hold up. And AWD in a small convertible is a plus in the Northeast! Relatively sparse interior, but it works.

Avoid water in your BMW

JerO, 07/27/2016
228i xDrive 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I loved the car, at 13,000 miles, I drove thru a flooded (8"-10" deep) street ; the car stopped and locked up. After getting towed to dealer on flatbed, I was told the car had hydrolock, the engine sucked in water. The cost of new engine ... $20,000. Why would BMW design an engine with the air intake 10" off the ground ? Doesn't it rain in Germany ? I am extremely disappointed and disgusted with this sad event. Why wasn't I told of the cars sensitivity to standing water ? I'm done with BMW !

Fun and thrifty to own

Rhody Roads, 09/01/2018
228i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This has been a fun car to drive. Very quick. Handles like it is on rails. Great on gas in eco mode and in a standard mode of driving. When you put your foot down both turbos quickly come on board and your pushed to the back of the seat without any torque steer and only a slight raise of the front end. This car has been a pleasure to own.

Performance Chapel Hill rules!

Phillip Schloss, 05/05/2017
228i 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

That once they drive it they'll be hooked!

M performance with luxury

Spartanburg Fan, 05/26/2017
M235i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The car is deeply satisfying to drive.

2015 M235I MSport Convertible

CD, 05/08/2017
M235i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I purchased an X6 a few months back, and just added this to the garage. It has all of the acceleration you will ever need. The engine and turbo sound really exceptional, and in sport mode you can hear and feel the difference right away. Top down, great weather, really great driving experience. After 6 months, I look forward to the next 6.

Best car I ever drove!

BobRad, 04/03/2018
M235i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The M235i is a great package. Sporty, luxurious, and quite fast. I've only owned it for a few weeks, but I'm still smitten. It replaced my Honda S2000 roadster, and is just as good a sports car, while being far more comfortable. By way of an update, I've now owned the M235i for almost three years. It has 50k miles on it. I've maintained it well and mostly by myself. Nothing has broken. I had BMW fix a couple of minor oil leaks before it went off warranty, but other than that, the car has been perfect. Besides oil changes, the only real maintenance it's needed has been brakes front and rear. I have not missed my S2000 since I got this car. No plans to sell it, ever.

Fun ride

Colleen, 04/04/2018
228i 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Picked up in Munich and drove for 2 weeks in Europe. Very fun way to get the car, but hard to wait for it to get shipped to U.S. Car is zippy and handles well. With a soft top, you get decent trunk space when top is up or down.

2 Series Msport BMW like BMW of Old

RhodyRoads, 08/10/2018
228i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This car handles great and quick. Fun to drive. Like a boxer with a fold down back seat or a cayman with a drunk and sunroof. Plus you save $1000's.

51050