Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan
Which A4 does Edmunds recommend?
Edmunds' Expert Review
- Cabin looks cool and is impeccably constructed
- Cutting-edge and easy-to-use safety and technology features
- Backseat is spacious enough for adults
- Turbocharged engine provides quick acceleration
- Some initial hesitation from transmission when accelerating
- Lack of feedback from steering limits driver involvement
Overall rating8.2 / 10
The 2018 Audi A4 delivers just about everything we expect from a small luxury sedan. There's quick acceleration, a comfortable ride, and the latest connectivity and navigation technologies. But the fact that it does it without overwhelming you makes it, at least for the time being, the car to get in the segment.
The A4 is a joy to drive, whether you're slicing your way through mountain switchbacks or just tackling your daily commute. On the inside, Audi's understated yet attractive interior design makes operating all of the many high-tech features easy, thanks to the intuitive MMI infotainment system and smartly placed physical buttons for more common functions. To top it off, the A4 also provides plenty of space and comfort for front and rear passengers, accommodating even taller adults in back.
Trust us, you'll want this car on your short list.
Notably, we picked the 2018 Audi A4 as one of Edmunds' Best AWD Sedans for 2018.
2018 Audi A4 models
The 2017 Audi A4 is a small luxury sedan available in three main trim levels: Premium, Premium Plus and Prestige. A more fuel-efficient A4 Ultra subtrim is also available in conjunction with the Premium and Premium Plus trims. Under the hood is a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine (252 horsepower and 273 pound-feet of torque). The A4 Ultra's engine is less powerful (190 hp and 236 lb-ft of torque) but gets better fuel economy.
Front-wheel drive is standard, with all-wheel drive (called Quattro in Audi lingo) optional. A seven-speed, dual-clutch automatic transmission comes with all A4s. A six-speed manual transmission is also available but only on all-wheel-drive A4s. The Ultra is offered only with front-wheel drive. Unless you really want maximum fuel economy, we'd suggest sticking with the regular A4 engine instead of the Ultra. You'll feel the power difference.
Standard feature highlights for the A4 Premium include 17-inch wheels, automatic xenon headlights, a forward collision mitigation system, adjustable drive settings (Audi's Drive Select), a sunroof, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, leather upholstery, heated power front seats, tri-zone climate control and folding rear seatbacks. Standard technology features include a rearview camera, Audi's MMI infotainment system with a 7-inch central display, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, and a 10-speaker audio system with two USB ports.
The optional Convenience package adds auto-dimming and power-folding side mirrors, keyless ignition and entry, driver-seat memory settings and satellite radio.
Our favorite is the next step up, the Premium Plus. You get the Convenience package features as standard, along with 18-inch wheels, LED headlights, sporty (S line) exterior styling flourishes, front and rear parking sensors, and a 19-speaker Bang & Olufsen surround-sound audio system. Audi's blind-spot and rear-facing crash mitigation system, Side Assist and Pre Sense Rear, is also standard.
The main option for the Premium Plus is the Navigation and Telematics package. This gets you with Audi Connect online services (includes a 4G LTE connection and Wi-Fi), a digital instrument cluster (Virtual Cockpit) and an upgraded version of MMI with an enhanced 8.3-inch display, navigation, voice controls and fingertip-scrawl recognition.
Finally, there's the top-of-the-line A4 Prestige. It comes with all of the above as standard plus a head-up display, additional interior ambient lighting, a top-down parking camera system, lane departure warning and intervention, and upgraded interior trim.
Notable options packages include the Sport, Sport Plus, Cold Weather and Warm Weather packages.
Each vehicle typically comes in multiple versions that are fundamentally similar. The ratings in this review are based on our Full Test of the 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Prestige Quattro Sedan (turbo 2.0L inline-4 | 7-speed dual-clutch automatic | AWD).
NOTE: Since this test was conducted, the current A4 has received only minor feature revisions. Our findings remain applicable to this year's model.
|Overall||8.2 / 10|
Noise & vibration8.0
Ease of use8.5
Getting in/getting out7.5
Audio & navigation
Most helpful consumer reviews
Features & Specs
Our experts like the A4 models:
- Audi Pre Sense City
- Detects the threat of a front collision, warns the driver and applies the brakes if the driver doesn't act.
- Audi Active Lane Assist
- Alerts you if you start to drift out of your lane without signaling and can steer to help nudge you back.
- Audi Connect
- Use Audi Connect for a variety of services, including summoning roadside assistance if needed. In an accident, emergency responders are contacted automatically.
NHTSA Overall Rating5 out of 5 stars
- Frontal Barrier Crash RatingOverall4 / 5Driver4 / 5Passenger4 / 5
- Side Crash RatingOverall5 / 5
- Side Barrier RatingOverall5 / 5Driver5 / 5Passenger5 / 5
- Combined Side Barrier & Pole RatingsFront Seat5 / 5Back Seat5 / 5
- RolloverRollover5 / 5Dynamic Test ResultNo TipRisk Of Rollover9.9%
- Side Impact TestGood
- Roof Strength TestGood
- Rear Crash Protection / Head RestraintGood
- IIHS Small Overlap Front TestNot Tested
- Moderate Overlap Front TestGood
Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan Overview
The Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan is offered in the following styles: 2.0 TFSI ultra Premium Plus 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 6/18 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD w/Prod. End 6/18 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M), 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD w/Prod. End 6/18 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M), 2.0 TFSI ultra Premium 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 6/18 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI ultra Prestige 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD w/Prod. End 6/18 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD w/Prod. End 6/18 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M), 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro Summer of Audi 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M), 2.0 TFSI ultra Premium Summer of Audi 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro Summer of Audi 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI ultra Premium Plus Summer of Audi 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI Premium quattro Summer of Audi 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M), and 2.0 TFSI Premium quattro Summer of Audi 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM). Pre-owned Audi A4 Sedan models are available with a 2.0 L-liter gas engine, with output up to 252 hp, depending on engine type. The Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan comes with front wheel drive, and all wheel drive. Available transmissions include: 7-speed automated manual. The Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan comes with a 4 yr./ 50000 mi. basic warranty, a 4 yr./ unlimited mi. roadside warranty, and a 4 yr./ 50000 mi. powertrain warranty.
What's a good price on a Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan?
Price comparisons for Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan trim styles:
- The Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro is priced between $26,590 and$36,930 with odometer readings between 11987 and83803 miles.
- The Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro Summer of Audi is priced between $29,500 and$36,990 with odometer readings between 16717 and58512 miles.
- The Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI ultra Premium is priced between $27,590 and$32,590 with odometer readings between 17474 and45435 miles.
- The Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI ultra Premium Summer of Audi is priced between $28,990 and$33,999 with odometer readings between 9222 and47909 miles.
- The Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Premium quattro is priced between $28,000 and$31,998 with odometer readings between 24321 and44743 miles.
- The Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI ultra Premium Plus is priced between $26,590 and$29,990 with odometer readings between 26539 and72098 miles.
- The Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Premium quattro Summer of Audi is priced between $31,250 and$31,999 with odometer readings between 10778 and28917 miles.
- The Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Prestige quattro is priced between $37,999 and$37,999 with odometer readings between 14562 and14562 miles.
- The Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI ultra Premium Plus Summer of Audi is priced between $34,998 and$34,998 with odometer readings between 22894 and22894 miles.
- The Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI ultra Prestige is priced between $34,499 and$34,499 with odometer readings between 19935 and19935 miles.
Shop with Edmunds for perks and special offers on used cars, trucks, and SUVs near Ashburn, VA. Doing so could save you hundreds or thousands of dollars. Edmunds also provides consumer-driven dealership sales and service reviews to help you make informed decisions about what cars to buy and where to buy them.
Which used 2018 Audi A4 Sedans are available in my area?
Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan Listings and Inventory
There are currently 50 used and CPO 2018 Audi A4 Sedans listed for sale in your area, with list prices as low as $26,590 and mileage as low as 9222 miles. Simply research the type of used car you're interested in and then select a prew-owned vehicle from our massive database to find cheap used cars for sale near you. Once you have identified a used or CPO vehicle you're interested in, check the AutoCheck vehicle history reports, read dealer reviews, and find out what other owners paid for the Used 2018 Audi A4 Sedan.
Shop Edmunds' car, SUV, and truck listings of over 6 million vehicles to find a cheap used, or certified pre-owned (CPO) 2018 Audi A4 Sedan for sale near you.
Can't find a used 2018 Audi A4 A4 Sedan you want in your area? Consider a broader search.
Find a used Audi A4 for sale - 11 great deals out of 23 listings starting at $18,415.
Find a used Audi for sale - 7 great deals out of 19 listings starting at $13,941.
Find a used certified pre-owned Audi A4 for sale - 2 great deals out of 5 listings starting at $19,582.
Find a used certified pre-owned Audi for sale - 1 great deals out of 20 listings starting at $13,885.
Should I lease or buy a 2018 Audi A4?
Is it better to lease or buy a car? Ask most people and they'll probably tell you that car buying is the way to go. And from a financial perspective, it's true, provided you're willing to make higher monthly payments, pay off the loan in full and keep the car for a few years. Leasing, on the other hand, can be a less expensive option on a month-to-month basis. It's also good if you're someone who likes to drive a new car every three years or so.