Used 2017 Acura RLX Hybrid
Which RLX does Edmunds recommend?
For 2017, the RLX Technology package supplants the Navigation trim as the entry-level model and is the model we recommend buying. There are a ton of standard features, including a complete suite of active safety technologies such as blind-spot monitoring and lane keeping assist. Though the Advance package contains attractive options such as heated and ventilated seats and a surround-view camera, the cost of the package at $6,000 would be better spent upgrading to the Sport Hybrid model.
Edmunds' Expert Review
- Smooth-revving V6 engine offers ample power
- Long list of standard safety and convenience features
- Spacious cabin and seating, especially for rear seat passengers
- Sport Hybrid model offers fast, fuel-efficient acceleration
- Not priced competitively against German competition
- Dual-screen infotainment system isn't very intuitive
- Flat front seat cushions lack long-distance comfort
- Steering feels disconnected from the road
|Overall||3.0 / 5|
The RLX is relatively nimble and wields enough horsepower to handle everyday tasks with ease. Although it's dynamically competent, others in the segment offer a more engaging driving experience and a wider selection of powertrains.
RLX ride comfort varies between models, while seat comfort falls below our expectations at this price. Noise and vibration, however, is kept at bay, which helps preserve some cabin serenity.
The RLX interior is best described as functionally pleasant; there isn't much of a wow factor. The top infotainment display has a lower resolution than the bottom touchscreen, and the controls look dated and lack an intuitive flow. You'll find better interiors at this price.
The RLX offers generous amounts of passenger space but fails to impress with its trunk accommodations and in-cabin storage for personal effects.
Most helpful consumer reviews
Sport Hybrid SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 7AM)
Great car only thing i did not like was trade in value on my last car. Comfortable, great handling ,powerful ,reliable,great gas mileage! Bought the Hybrid and get great gas mileage in the city and highway. Have driven the car for over two years and am still quite impressed.
Features & Specs
Our experts like the RLX models:
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- This feature lets you set a desired speed and maintain a distance between you and the vehicle ahead, even bringing you to a complete stop.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System
- This feature alerts you of obstacles detected ahead, providing visual alerts first, and will automatically brake for you if you don't react.
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- A forward-facing camera detects lane markings and will guide the car back to the middle if you begin to drift to the side.