FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Toyota RAV4 Wins Edmunds' Inside Line Compact Crossover Comparison Test
SANTA MONICA, Calif. — September 11, 2007 — Inside Line, Edmunds.com's high-speed online car magazine, today announced that the 2007 Toyota RAV4 won the latest comparison test of compact crossovers, which is described in full at http://www.insideline.com/toyota/rav4/2007/comparison-test-2007-2008-compact-crossovers.html).
The Inside Line editorial team recently compared four compact crossovers:
- 2007 Honda CR-V EX-L Navi (MSRP $28,595 and Edmunds.com True Market Value® (TMV®) $28,157), equipped with a four-cylinder, 166-horsepower engine and five-speed automatic transmission;
- 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4WD (MSRP $30, 615 and TMV $29,313), equipped with a six-cylinder, 220-horsepower engine and six-speed automatic transmission;
- 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD (estimate $28,500; official pricing not yet announced), equipped with a four-cylinder, 170-horsepower engine and continuously variable transmission; and
- 2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4X4 (MSRP $29,374 and TMV $27,233), equipped with a six-cylinder, 269-horsepower engine and five-speed automatic transmission.
"Each of these sub $30,000 crossovers is an outstanding do-it-all vehicle," reports 2007 Toyota RAV4 is the benchmark in this segment. It makes a statement with power, and backs up the message with fuel economy, utility and car-like comfort."
The 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4WD took fourth place; its looks and optional hard-drive music server earned high marks.
Vehicle Rankings from 2007 — 2008 Compact Crossovers Comparison Test
- 2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4X4
- 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
- 2007 Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
- 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4WD
To read the test and to get more information on the editors' evaluation and rankings, visit http://www.insideline.com/toyota/rav4/2007/comparison-test-2007-2008-compact-crossovers.html).
Lively discussions about this comparison are currently underway in the 2007 — '08 Compact Crossovers Comparison Test (http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f155ebb) message board in Edmunds.com's CarSpace Forum (http://www.carspace.com/csGroups).
About Edmunds Inc. (http://www.edmunds.com/about/)
Edmunds Inc. publishes four Web sites that empower, engage and educate automotive consumers, enthusiasts and insiders. Edmunds.com, the premier online resource for automotive consumer information, launched in 1995 as the first automotive information Web site. Its most popular feature, the Edmunds.com True Market Value®, is relied upon by millions of people seeking current transaction prices for new and used vehicles. Edmunds.com was named "Best Car Research Site" by Forbes ASAP, has been selected by consumers as the "Most Useful Web Site" according to every J.D. Power and Associates New Autoshopper.com Study(SM), was ranked first in the Survey of Car-Shopping Web Sites by The Wall Street Journal and was rated "#1" in Keynote's study of third-party automotive Web sites. Inside Line launched in 2005 and is the most-read automotive enthusiast Web site. CarSpace launched in 2006 and is an automotive social networking Web site and home to the oldest and most established automotive community. AutoObserver.com launched in 2007 and provides insightful automotive industry commentary and analysis. Edmunds Inc. is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, and maintains a satellite office in suburban Detroit.