2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Great Value, Fantastic at What

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

2007 Toyota Yaris

Great Value, Fantastic at What it Does
By StGabriel on

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Toyota Yaris hatchback and I loved it. I don't think there is a better value on the market. I am 6'5 and the car was very comfortable and could handle 3 passengers just fine (the car is way roomier than it looks). Gas mileage is fantastic (consistently 34+ mpg) and the cost-to-own is the lowest you're going to get. It won't set any speed records but I found that the car could easily get up to good freeway speeds and was fun to drive. I love the distinctive look. I got a lot of appreciative looks and positive comments. Also, I was impressed by how well the car absorbed the impact of a high speed collision.

The huge value that this car offers. Also, safety. I speak of the car in the past tense because our lovely Yaris was totalled by a drunk driver. We were rear-ended by a huge truck on the freeway. The Yaris was totalled but my wife and I managed to get out of it with surprisingly few injuries.

I think Toyota has really engineered a perfect car for those who are value-minded and there's not much room for improvement there. I do wish they'd offer a few more colors and make it easier to get a few options like ABS (we couldn't find any ABS models in the LA area).

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review