2003 Oldsmobile Alero Consumer Review: I definitely got my money's wo

2003 Oldsmobile Alero - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

I definitely got my money's worth
By kjr75 on

2003 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a new 2003 Alero back in June 2003. I definitely got my money's worth as I just passed the 183,000 mile mark. Sad to say the time has now come to get a new car as there are issues with the cylinder heads under the gasket not responding and long story short Pep boys wants to charge $3,000 to replace. The car itself is probably worth 1k with as many miles on it. After 9.5yrs and 183,000 miles it definitely has done it's job. Looking for either a new Sonata Turbo or used 2012 Buick Lacrosse. I don't think I can go wrong either way as I take these cars to the grave so I really dont care much about resale value.

Reliability...still gets good pep after all these years and miles. Good speaker quality as I listed to my Sirius satellite radio through the auxillary input (via tape deck) ..yes that shows its age but the sound quality is very good I must say.

They dont make Oldsmobiles anymore so no need. I will say that a lot of people I talk with also givehigh marks to Oldsmobiles as they do last long. Add my name to the list with 183,000 mile on it.