After 7,200 miles, the good and the bad
By ghager on
2006 Lexus RX 400h 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Mileage is disappointing; I get 22-24. Nice looking wheels, but watch out at the curb - too easy to ding. Visibility a problem front and rear. Bluetooth sub-par; friends complain they can barely hear me. GPS interface very user unfriendly at first. A matter of taste, but the exterior is odd looking. Voice command is flukey; I crack up my niece by telling it to do something and getting a bizarre response. I don't feel confident throwing it around corners. All this said, I like it - good, quiet, solid ride. Acceleration quite strong when needed. Don't think I'll get another, though.
Favorite Features
Quiet. Smooth and powerful acceleration. Luxurious interior. Reliable (so far). Solid feel on the road. Electric liftgate spoils me; ditto the rearview cam. Design, ergonomics and quality typically Toyota - much better than my Mercedes ML 320.
Suggested Improvements
Better mileage. Better front seat legroom (I'm 6'3"; long trips are painful). Better right rear visibility for passing and merging (watch out! And scan carefully up front, as big roof posts can block traffic crossing from left and right). Bigger tires and less fancy wheels. A place to put trash.