Great Chassis Terrible electronics
By techtroop on
2014 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)
Leased this car after Hyundai Genesis & I wanted a more engaging chassis & I certainly got strong capable handling. I HATE the terrible dash & electronics setup & contrast with Genesis was shocking. iPod integration, NAV, route management, radio presets are so poorly done on the Lexus that you will hardly use them. Most everything is many extra clicks to do anything and then still works badly. Steering wheel controls poor E.g. media player jumps from tracks w/o regard to artist or album. Car beeps when lights set to auto and you open the door. older iPod shows up as USB & then says no songs. Great driving car, but you won't get much value out of the dash. Test before buying
Favorite Features
Handling, responsiveness of chassis, genuinely sporty experience.
Suggested Improvements
Find someone that knows how to setup a modern dash. If this were a app that someone had to buy they would sell zero!!!! Seriously - look at other products, build a new specification, fire the current designers and start over! e.g. zoom the map or tune the SAT channel is easy w/o looking on the Genesis yet requires eyes off the road on the Lexus and more steps all the time. Seats are too hard, a little more cushion in the bottom would be an improvement. premium fuel and unimpressive mileage for performance. FIX the ROAD NOISE - tire roar is too loud.
By jlsexton
on 07/29/14 16:33 PM (PDT)

Shame, Lexus GS, reviewed so poorly, I was considering it to replace my 06 Avalon limited BUT I'll now look elsewhere. BMW 535I, AUDI A6, maybe even a Hyundai EQUUS.