Used 2006 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Liberty

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Still in love
By rachmox

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Liberty in Feb '07 with 54 miles on her. She's now at 162K miles, and I've only had to replace a rear control arm and the right rear passenger side window motor up until recently. The left rear window just crapped out a couple of months ago, and I'm about to replace my water pump and fix a leak in the evap system, but after 6.5 yrs, I can't complain. She's been the most reliable vehicle I ever owned. Took a hit from a light rail train that clipped my driver's side sideview mirror. It didn't even take the arm off, only the mirror itself popped out! A freaking train! I was in an accident in Dec and begged my insurance not to total her. So yeah, I love my Liberty.

Favorite Features

I love that the window controls are between the seats, and not on the doors. No worrying about the dogs stepping on the button and choking themselves. Plenty of room for 5 people. All around fun vehicle to drive!

Suggested Improvements

Better motors for the windows, since that seems to be a major issue with a lot of Liberty owners.

Not Good
By jillcurry5

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my Jeep Liberty for 5 years, I have had to have my air conditioner fixed 3 times. The windows have dropped 5 times, there was a recall on some jeeps in 2006, bad luck for mine did not make that cut, I now have 2 windows broken and don't have 700.00 to fix them.Too bad say's Jeep, The back seat is covered in stains,because of a the type of material used . I will never buy another car from Jeep, and very sorry I bought the one Im stuck with.

Suggested Improvements

When you make a product that is just not good, take responsabily and fix the problem...

Jeep Liberty
By bailey26

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for 3 years, in that time I have spent over 5,000 dollars just in repairs. The rear windows both have fallen off, that is about 350. each time. I have had the air conditioning, heat, transmission, misc electrical and switches fixed. The fabric that they use for the seats is horrid. It stains instantly, even if you drip water on it you cant get the stain out. The seats are uncomfortable and there is not much backseat room.

Favorite Features

I do like the 4 wheel handling, it's great in the snow. It is fun to drive and turns on a dime.

Suggested Improvements

Better built engine system, upholstery needs changing, fix the window problem. There just seems to be a need for quality control or rebuilding of the vehicle.

Bad Idea
By bmd3

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I owned my 2006 Jeep Liberty for 4 years and I had nothing but problems. I just sold it and have never been happier to be rid of it. It saw the garage once a month. It is very hard on brakes, tires, the calipers continually seize and I can't tell you how many times I've driven around with a smoking wheel and the smell of burned rubber in the car. It blew fuses, had to have the back springs replaced, it sometimes will not start.....never, ever again.

Chrysler worst quality interior parts
By kinace

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a Jeep Liberty 2006 brand new, I have replaced the windows regulators about 6 times for the rear windows, spending about $200.00 each time, and still Chrysler do not have a recall for the cheapest windows regulators ever made out of plastic, then the gear shifter light went off and I thought I could fix it replacing a fuse. The dealer told me they didn't have a fix for that so they have to replace the whole shifter. WHAT? I just leave it like that and then the interiors handlers in each door came off when I tried to close the door that after several months of use. It runs great and I haven't have any major problems with the engine but Chrysler used the cheapest materials ever.

Suggested Improvements

The whole interiors the fabric in the seat stain very easy even with water, the door handlers brake very easy, gear shifter lights went off, too expensive to replace, windows regulators are a joke they brake like 2 times in a year--very costly and Chrysler doesn't have that as a recall, shame on them.. I bought it brand new, I will never buy a Chrysler again in my life.