Piece of Junk
By thatguythere13 on
2002 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car as my first car when I was 16 years old. Believing it was a great car, good size, good MPG, and being that I paid under $6000 with it having less than 30,000 miles I figured it would last me long enough to turn around and sell it for a decent chunk of change. Here it is, 6 years later, I've vested well over a grand into it in monotonous repairs to a car with under 80,000 (as of today 12/6) should not be having. I think it may finally be back in working shape, but at this point I am sick of it. The amount of money I've put in repetative repairs is enough to make me want to torch it. Neon's have a history of being terribly built. Abide by that fact.
Favorite Features
Nothing. When the doors actually unlock with the key fob is nice. But also a rare occasion.
Suggested Improvements
Should have never been built. Never bring it back, Chrysler reimburse all owners?
By gonnaylor
on 05/09/14 07:16 AM (PDT)

So you're saying after 6 years you've only had to put over a grand into it? That's the average amount of money you'd have to put into a car to keep it running. You must expect cars to magically run forever and never encounter a problem. You didn't list one problem that the car had besides your key fob occasionally working. FYI, the key fob takes batteries, it's not a magical device. Replace the batteries in it or replace the key fob. Takes a couple minutes to sync a fob to the car.