2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT Consumer Review: Let Chevy owner rate Chevys

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Let Chevy owner rate Chevys
By chevylvr on

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Like a long time Chevy owner I understand that when you stretch a Jimmy to make a Suburban you sacrifice the crisp handeling and firm off-road feel a shorter wheelbase provides. The addition of weight and length has a strange effect on driving physics (tell us all something we don't know). Like the Suburban the Trailblazer EXT is purpose built for the big family, the big dog owner, and the big (weekend) load hauler. If you want to run Baja buy something built for it but if you want to take a trip that may include a drive up a windy mountainside gravel road to see some falls (did that in the Impala...OMG) the EXT is a great vehicle. As for skittish cornering...ever drive an 18 wheeler?

The space is huge. Fold down all the seats and you feel like you could park another car in there. Most mid- size "SUVs" have a crowded, overdone, low-ceiling feel to them (I'm 6'4"-220lbs). The EXT has headspace in the third row! And I can get back there without gymnastics.

An intercom system so I can talk to my 12 year old back in the third row :)