2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - poor quality

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Review

poor quality
By Steve on

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my 2nd car has been a nightmare since the 2nd month. (First car was an 88 chevy pick up still have it) Took delivery, about 2 months later the computer fried, fixed under warranty. I drive it like a grandma for another couple of months, then the brakes go at 9K miles. Bring it to get a punctured tire fixed, they tell me the that the rear tires are bald on the inside; this at under 20K miles. They tell me that the car must have been off alignment from the factory. When you are in a turn and hit a bump, the steering mechanism or a wheel feels like it is going to fall off. Will never buy Chevy or American EVER again. Traded the car in for a Subaru and have not looked back since.

Favorite Features

It is pretty quick car for it's size, great body style.

Suggested Improvements

It's built like a $10K car. Not reliable, poor interior, poor quality. This car is terrible. Chevy should be embarrassed. Over priced, my Subaru drives better (my 88 truck is more reliable) and both cost me over 10K less.