2004 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Review: For the money, you can't beat

2004 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Review

Special Value Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

For the money, you can't beat it
By aveonut on

2004 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had been living in cities like New York where I didn't need a car, and after moving to a place where I did need one, I couldn't get my head around spending so much money for transportation. So I bought an Aveo, and I am LOVING it. No, it's not the best quality of car out there. But it's 10K. I've put about 4000 miles on it in 6 weeks (I drive A LOT) and it always does well. It does have a strange rattle in the back now, which I think is somehow connected to the muffler (according to my boyfriend) so I'm taking it back to the dealer in a few days to check it out. Great on the highway, great in the city, great fuel efficiency, fun to drive, spacious, big trunk, comfy, etc.

Gas mileage (38). LOTS of room. I got 4 adults into it recently and it was fine. Not ideal, but fine nonetheless. My boyfriend has loads of head room and he's tall. I like the fact that I'm actually sitting high up (rather than with my legs straight out in front of me like in some lower cars).

No CD player, but I bought an FM transmitter at Wal Mart for $19. Center console. For the price, though, there really isn't anything else I'd add..