Used 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (9 reviews )

Land Yacht!
By scottywood

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased a one owner '93 Fleetwood Brougham with 33,030 miles on it. I've been looking at these cars for 20 years and now it's "home". I drove over 600 miles in one day and arrived as refreshed as when I left. Imagine floating across the highway at 75 mph seated on a full sized leather sofa. When our kids are in the car they whisper and say that it reminds them of a library. I'm only sorry that these beautiful American Dream Machines are disappearing.

Favorite Features

What's not to like? I love the cloud like ride. The leather interior is beautiful. The super insulated interior and crystal clear sound system is superior. The MSRP was $34,000 in 1993. In 2014 dollars that is $55,800.

Suggested Improvements

Try an E and G grill. How about Vogue wheels and Tyres (spelling intentional). Fuzzy dice? Leopard print dash pad? Continental Kit? Endless classy possibilities.

Oldie but Goodie
By KingsX

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car through the original owner. It has about 103,000 miles and still drives great! I have an Escalade and a SRX. My wife & I took the Fleetwood to Colorado last summer, because it has the best gas economy of all of them. We averaged over 25 mpg overall on the trip. It rides great, has good handling, and is very stately looking. I get compliments much of the time. A lot of car for the money.

Favorite Features

Sound system. Performance

Suggested Improvements

Don't have any suggestions to offer. It is a very satisfying car to live with.

Good ol' Caddy
By heygj

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 57,000 miles and in 21 months have driven 50,000 trouble-free miles. I love the ride and with the 350 I get right up to highway speed. I cruise at about 80 MPH and still get 21+ MPG. All on regular gas. The trunk is cavernous and interior is spacious. I'll drive this one another 100K, then try to find another low mileage example of this fine Texas-built Cadillac.

Favorite Features

Power windows and radio continue to operate after turning the car off until you open the door.

Suggested Improvements

None.

I Can't Let It Go!
By "BIG BLUE"

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan 4dr Sedan

I truly appreciate my '93 Fleetwood Brougham called Big Blue. I purchased this car with 70,000 miles in '99 for $12,650 and now it has 255,443 miles, and it has never let me down. The engine,trans,differential,exhaust are all original (never rebuilt or replaced) I maintain it regularly & completely. I enjoy driving and I have traveled from D.C. to Colorado(numerous times), Texas, North Carolina,& Florida. I drive 76 miles to and from work every weekday on one 23 gallon tank of gas and I still have fuel left for the weekend. This car has a smooth ride(a big long rear-wheel-drive ride) and pretty good power too(even though the power was further improved in '94-'96 240 horsepower LT1 engine).

Favorite Features

Impecible styling, cruise control, heated leather seats, lighted mirrors in the sunvisors and the rear ceiling. Wide aluminum wheels & tires, twilight Sentinel headlight control. 6 speaker AM/FM/CD/TAPE sound system. Level ride system, chrome exterior panels, turn signal reminder bell.

Suggested Improvements

Digital fuel gauge isn't accurate, should have included the Electronic Fuel Economy display. Soft end of the gear select lever deteriorates. Add Rear A/C vents, Paint color peeled off the metal trim around the rear window. Add Panic alarm on the remote. Add rear disc brakes. Add interior air filter.

My '93 Brougham
By Mr. Big

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned my fully-optioned Fleetwood Brougham since new in 1993. The car now has 165,000 miles and it has never had a single problem. It is garaged and well cared for and most people ask if it is new when they see it, even after almost 14 years. I have bought many other cars in the interim, but will always keep the brougham and my 2002 Thunderbird Blue T-Bird which now has 5,000 miles on it after 5 years. The 1993 Fleetwood Brougham is the equivalent of owning an American Rolls Royce and should be treated and valued accordingly.

Favorite Features

It is extremely comfortable, has a gorgeous interior, and has a great ride and power. I love the rear seat vanity mirrors and center arm rest.

Suggested Improvements

None