Used 2014 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

Used Jetta for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Test Drive Jetta SE with 1.8 TSI

carbuilder1, 11/27/2013
SE 4dr Sedan w/Connectivity (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I leased my 2014 Jetta SE with Connectivity in November 2013. I was a long time Toyota Customer and was always happy. I was previously in a 2011 Toyota Camry, but wanted to reduce payment & insurance cost. I also wanted increase gas mileage without sac. room. Toy. gave a high lease price for 2014 Corolla.This caused me to look elsewhere.After test driving much of the compact segment,this Jetta Blew me away.I leased during the "sign then drive event" so I was able to get into to this vehicle which was a much higher equipped vehicle then all others I test drove.(IE.Cruze,Corolla.)For a lower lease price. The 170 HP TSI and 6 spd.Trans. are fantastic!Great Gas mileage 2.You'll Love it!-SE&above

5 out of 5 stars

Waaaay better than previous vehicle (Honda Insight)

pacific_nw, 07/05/2015
TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I used to own a 2010 Jetta SE 2.5 5-cylinder & a 2010 Honda Insight Hybrid, & this car has certainly been the best of both worlds. VW has fixed the previous issues that I had with the remodelled Jetta (most importantly, the IRS) & this car gets the advertised mpg that the TDi claims (42 us hwy mpg is almost dead-on from our 2000+ mile road trip up and down the west coast.) It is such a great road trip car. It has all the power you need to go up hills that our Insight pathetically would cry about and it has great interior/trunk space. The DSG has been the best shifting transmission I've had. A must buy if you are looking for inexpensive/fun to drive/fuel economy. Interior also easy to clean.

4.88 out of 5 stars

A Perfect Sedan For Most Consumers At A Very Good Price

roadtester1, 01/24/2014
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

To start with, and in full disclosure I rated my new 2014 Jetta S with the 6-speed automatic with many 5 stars as I feel the professional test drivers who put out review video's and write professional reviews for a living are not really representing the average American on what they are truly looking for in a car. Who really wants or needs a 300 horsepower four door sedan that does 0-60 in five seconds. Look to a Corvette for that. Who really wants and needs soft leather on the dash and full interior. Look to a Lexus for that. Volkswagen should not be overlooked for several reasons including build quality, safety, handling, and tons of interior room to name a few. Did I mention value.

REPAIRS GALORE

Ally, 02/12/2020
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car brand new and have maintained it properly, following all of the recommendations. Lasted me about 90k miles and then suddenly the car has trouble shifting into and out of gears. I take it in and spend $1k on repairs. Within hours of leaving the dealership, the car will not start. They offer to scan it again for free, but only if I drive it to the dealership an hour away. Don't buy this car!

3 out of 5 stars

4 out of 5 stars

Great car if you have the money to fix it

Jake Friedberg, 01/10/2019
SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Fun little car greats for a teens first car. Zippy. Handles well. Super safe. Only issue is the maintenance is very high. If you make a lot of money to fix these kinds of cars they aren’t bad just know your going to spend 10s of thousands on maintenance

3 out of 5 stars