Used 2014 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

Used Jetta for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Sadly I was in an accident :(

Douglas, 03/29/2019
SE PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Connectivity, Sunroof (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this vehicle, never once let me down in the 136k miles that I owned it. Unfortunately I was in an accident on 03/26/2017 and my vehicle was totaled, I was hit making a left turn, the side curtain air bags deployed and the passenger seat air bag deployed. Fortunately nobody was in my car with me. The person hit me going 50mph and my vehicle was barely even damaged. The cars interior was not touched by the accident, the door is not entering the occupant space. Unfortunately since the airbags deployed my insurance totaled it. This is a great vehicle reliable, nice features, fast engine for a turbo 4cyl, and great safety!

4.13 out of 5 stars

not as good as 14 years ago

uttley, 11/19/2014
TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

We have a 2000 jetta tdi that we purchased new, and put over 400k on in the following 14 years...AWESOME car. This new jetta is a bit of a disappointment. It drives and performs fine, although the MPG isn't quite as good as with our previous car (bigger car and bigger engine though). My disappointments come from areas where they have cheapened the build. For example; our 2000 has hidden trunk hinges so you can utilize ALL the trunk space, the new one has big cheap hinge arms that rotate down into the trunk and prevent you from utilizing the entire space. 2000 jetta had a flip down sun visor above the rear view mirror, 2014 does not. 2000 has gas struts to hold up the engine hood,not on new

Lots of vroom

Jon w, 12/02/2015
SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I like the car but find the electric assist steering annoying and not in keeping with the relatively sporty feel of the car otherwise. Front seats comfortabke and lots of adjustment for somone greater than 6'2", Rear room is great, lots of room for 6"+ individuals and a huge trunk but at the expense of rear visibility. My girlfriend is short and she can't see anything out the back window. Stereo is OK but meet iPhone to hook up to it. Still haven't figured out how to use the trip counter. Ride is good. Performance is good, great fuel economy and I never feel short of power. I can get over 40 mpg highway if I'm careful...although I am trusting the VW computer for that and we know how the tdi's were fixed... So its a great car with nagging suspissions that the manufacturer is cheating on the mileage and/or emissions...I understand I could just calculate mileage for myself but shouldn't have to, shame on VW. Would not have bought it if I had known company is dishonest.

Great airbag protection.

Jenn, 02/04/2016
SE PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Connectivity (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great airbag protection. Especially curtain side airbags. Saved me a trip to ER. Exceleration is not very clean if you need to increase speed quickly. It kinda of takes a second or two to for it to really find its gear and take off quickly. All in all I liked 2014 Jetta 1.8 se .. sad it now is on its way to salvage yard. DuE to total loss in auto accident

UPDATE 2014 VW Jetta SE-Basic is what VW does best

Andrew Cherouvis, 04/26/2017
SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After reviewing a variety of cars, the Jetta appealed to me . The Jetta can be considered austere in many regards. The interior is basic, with a clutter free dashboard. This is what VW does best. I love how clean the interior dashboard is free of the over techno interiors found in many cars. The front seats are extremely comfortable with plenty of room in the rear. The trunk is very large with the ability to drop the back seats for added storage. Driving the Jetta with the 1.8 Liter turbo with the manual 5 spd is where the Jetta shines. The shifter has short throws between gears and has a great feel to it. The car handles great, with an adequate suspension for daily driving. My gas mileage averages between 37-41MPG. The Jetta is a very solid and safe car. I also am very happy with base stereo. I put on 40k miles on my Jetta. I still love my Jetta. Living in NH, the Jetta has been a great winter car. Especially with Toyo Celsius tires, the Jetta is just as good as any AWD car I have had. I have had no issues with the Jetta other than the heater fan being replaced under warranty. The seats are very comfortable for long trips, and the car gets great gas mileage on regular gas. I've been averaging between city and hwy 36MPG with hwy mileage per gallon at 42 MPG. The outside finish on the Jetta has held up .

12345...9