Used 2009 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews

$10,850

Used Eos for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4.5 out of 5 stars

Great functionality, poor driving

swissre, 11/04/2008
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After almost 3 months of owning a new EOS I am still happy with the functionality of the sunroof, it has good torque throughout the RPM range even compared with other turbo engines, it has very good speakers but lousy sound unit (premium) but the worst for me is how it drives. You have to be really delicate to avoid the car spinning like crazy when you start. I have the upgraded 17'' wheels with Continental tires and that has helped little. So at the end it dissapoints because the engine is great and the DSG gearbox is amazingly smooth but the car is not sitting on the road as it should and can become dangerous because of the big torque it has for its size.

5 out of 5 stars

Lovin this little car

neweosfan, 02/11/2009
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've had my Eos 3 mos and really enjoy this car. Comments: the top is amazing - attention getter - same as on much pricier models - mine works great & used a lot. Moon roof great & huge for the car, handles on mountain roads well. Light car, acceleration to spare, good brakes, fun! Quiet ride (top up), sound system good for the price. Lots of people stop me to compliment/ask about this car - really. And I live in a car lovin town. That was a surprise. Glad I saved that BMW money and got this sweet little ride. Love it - recommend it highly. Fun, good-looking, great convertible top. One thing, got hit in driver's door. No repair parts are avail., so slow to get Euro parts at plant.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Great car for the value

NYattorney, 03/19/2009
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I really wanted to reward myself with a hardtop convertible- just wasn't entirely sure which. Once I saw and test drove the Eos, I immediately fell in love. It's the perfect size, picks up fast (thanks to the turbo engine), is the only hardtop with a sunroof, and the style is sleek. The only complaint I've had so far is since I bought it towards the end of winter, I've noticed that when it drops below freezing, condensation builds up inside the car and freezes on the windows. The gas mileage is not GREAT, but i guess we should expect that from a turbo engine!

4.88 out of 5 stars

Just perfect

rulerofthemoon, 03/20/2009
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Had the car for about 3 weeks and could not be happier. It's the perfect combination of sporty fun and practical comfort. The convertible hardtop is stunning to watch and will sell you on the car. Interior noise is what you'd expect for this car ... unlike the soft-tops I drove that just were too loud with the roof up. Get the upgraded floor mats ... adds a nice touch. The Komfort trim is VERY well equipped. The Lux version is a considerable premium but some items, like steering wheel controls, are useful.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Made me a VW Fan!

Mariya, 05/21/2009
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I searched for a convertible for 6 months, researched endlessly an honestly barely considered the VW-then I drove it and fell in love! My husband had owned a Corrado & Jetta Wolfsburg yet I never thought much of them. I am now a VW convert. The hardtop is significantly quieter than every other convertible I drove. The turbo has amazing pick up and makes it incredible fun to drive (I have never thought any car was fun) Nice sound system and great interior.