Used 2009 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews

$10,850

Used Eos for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
1 out of 5 stars

Bad timing chain issues

Shannon, 01/19/2021
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just to restate what others have said, the timing chain stretches out and causes major damage within the engine and it has to be replaced. Ours was our baby. We bought the 2009 used and at just over a year of ownership and right over 100,000 miles the engine now needs to be replaced at a cost of 6,000 dollars US. We still owe 4,000 dollars to the bank and do not want to add more to our loan just to fix the car. We LOVE this fun, little car but it is not worth this. Our recommendation: DO NOT BUY!

3 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars

4.88 out of 5 stars

Enjoying the Eos

loudounman, 03/29/2009
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Purchased base model w/ 17 inch wheels. Great fun to drive. Plenty of pick-up with turbo. Slight hesitation but then it really moves. Compared with BMW 328 but glad I went with Eos. Saved alot of money and enjoying the car. Give this car a try and dealers are willing to deal right now.

4.75 out of 5 stars

3 months and 3000 miles

zrickety, 08/02/2009
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We bought this car a few months ago after looking at many cars. The EOS rocks!! She said, 'I never loved a car, but I love this one.' High praise, believe me. It's a blast to drive. Dr Jekyl when you need to be conservative, Mr Hyde when you want to cut loose. It's early on, but the car has been consistently quick and solid. Future collectible here, would definitely buy again!

5 out of 5 stars

You get what you want

Jeff, 10/09/2008
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is very fun to drive. I have never had a convertible in my life so I was not to happy when she brought it home. I figured it is her car and she will be the one driving it so get what you want. She loves it. The handling is good and speed is fine. Does it have wind noise. What can you expect when the top comes off. Great car overall

4.88 out of 5 stars

I love this car

Cindy, 10/15/2008
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. I have a new 2009 color-gold/silver, not the official name, it is beautiful. Everything works well, very quiet and I get lots of looks. I love having the moon roof so I have a great sun-overs car all year. The only thing I don't like, is the movement of the windows after you turn the car off- they go down a little before rolling all the way back up. This is bad in a rain storm. I would recommend this car to anyone who had considered buying a convertible. It is better than a convertible with the sun roof! It gets great gas mileage so I don't mind the premium gas.