Used 2009 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews

Used Eos for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons
4.25 out of 5 stars

Total Fun Car!

Steve, 06/12/2008
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've always wanted a hard-top convertible ever since I saw one two months ago. I generally assumed that it would be way out of my price range, but when I found out that Volkswagen made a hard-top convertible, I was totally 'hoodlumed'. It turned out to be not only very reasonably priced but it drives and handles really well. People will also be very surprised by the roominess of the rear seats. The back is definitely big enough to hold two average sized dwarfs or a couple of medium sized farm animals. My automatic transmission shifts very smoothly and the engine definitely holds its own on the highway. Overall, this car is a pleasure to drive.

Run..... from EOS

nstallent, 08/16/2009
Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My Eos, that I loved, is sitting in Al Johnson Volkswagen repair shop and is going to stay there. I have 12 sheets of repairs. Volkswagen has tried to be very accommodating, but now lets see when I get to settle. I traded my 2000 Camaro Convertible with 22,000 miles, I am really upset that I traded my car for that piece of junk!!!! Nancy

3.63 out of 5 stars

Avoid It - Traded Mine In

LR, 11/23/2009
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

53 days in the shop in the first year, finally had enough and traded it in for another brand. Every imaginable problem with the electrical system, sensors, gas cap, abs, braking, fuel pump, air bag, among other problems. Every little repair required shipping in parts so repairs took forever, and nothing fixed right the first time by dealer. I owned the car for a little over a year and just took a huge loss on the trade, but it had to go. Had trouble even getting near blue book on trade due to the car's reputation. Did lots of research prior to buying and 07/08 models were well reviewed. 09 seems to be a disaster. After 15 years driving VWs, this will be my last. Very disappointing.

5 out of 5 stars

Very safe hardtop

Tristan, 12/05/2009
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have had this car for 4 months, nothing has gone wrong the build quality is amazing. I recently flipped the car on Thanksgiving day, and the hardtop is very safe, only caved by about an inch to maybe 1 1/2 inches. The anti-rollbars popped up and if I hadn't had the top up I believe I would be just as fine. Only got a couple cuts on my hands when getting out. I highly recommend it just for the safety features even though the interior is amazing along with the engine. I was hitting 36 mpg with premium on the freeway at an average of going 75 mph.

3 out of 5 stars

OK, so far, but fear the @#$ will soon hit the fan

LDodson, 09/26/2018
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My 2009 EOS has less than 80K miles on it and those miles have been gently driven. I feel safe and comfortable inside this SOLID little car! I love the hard-top convertible. But, I live in fear of what I suspect will be some significant cha-chings in the not-too-distant future. First of all, sometimes a piece of the convertible retraction mechanism does not completely work; I have to reach around and "nudge" the part into place. Someday it will fail completely and I'll have to pay a fortune to replace what is basically a wire. Second of all, there are some strange electronic goings-on: the CD player stopped working and, worse, there is a ghost in the machine--recently, when I drive with the A/C on the windows start "magically" raising and lowering themselves. This is very distracting and not good for the car as the windows might be in the "closed" position but the glass will be on the outside--making it more likely that glass will be broken if the door is slammed and that water will leak in through the gap. Lastly, there is the known issue with the timing chain or timing chain tensioner for which there is a class action suit that will likely be settled within a few months. But, will my car "fail" outside of the window of opportunity to benefit from the suit? Even if I participate and get reimbursement from the suit, will I still have a large out-of-pocket outlay?

2 out of 5 stars