Used 2009 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews

Used Eos for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Compare to WHAT??

50something, 06/10/2009
Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We wanted a convertible for years. We considered and drove the BMW 128i, Porsche Boxster, and Mercedes 350 CLK. On vacations we rented Sebring and Mustang Shelby convertibles. When we discovered the EOS on a trip to Arkansas, we bought it on the spot and left our Acura RDX at the dealer. We continued our vacation in our brand new EOS and had a blast. Consider it a 1200 mile test drive! The person who wrote Edmunds review saying the car could not handle the twisties must be faking his reviews in my opinion. I also own a 1985 Porsche 911; the new EOS driven in Sport mode with the DSG handled every bit as well as my Porsche. The car definitely has German DNA and was FUN, FUN, FUN!!

EOS Headaches

Sasha, 07/27/2009
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Loved vehicle, but came from factory with air conditioner condensation draining into cabin causing inches of water, mold, and stench. If you are considering buying this car, make sure the dealer checks this in their final inspection/prep. Transmission also needed work ~ 4,000 miles. Great car and gas mileage (avg 33.3 mpg highway) besides these problems. Comfortable for long distances...

4.75 out of 5 stars

New leftover 2009 EOS

Jeff, 03/25/2010
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We bought this along with a new 2010 Golf tdi. So far we have about 3000 miles on it, and it has preformed well. Most surprising is the relatively good fuel economy. Overall we have posted 29.8mpg with a high of 36mpg, and this is winter and the car has a ways to go before fully broken- in. We picked up the car for $26,600 or $5700 off MSRP. It's still too early to tell how this car will turn out but so far it is good. The only drawback is the weight of 3500 lbs, but all convertibles are heavy, and this is one of the lighter ones. Cornering although acceptable is not as crisp as lighter German cars. This is our first convertible, so we'll have a better idea after our Wisconsin summer.

Great Little car

K F, 07/06/2016
Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is fun and great on gas. It has a zippy S-transmission that gives you the feel of a manual with the ease of an Automatic. It didn't come with an owner's manual so I am not sure how to use many of the entertainment functions which is frustrating. The interior is leather which gets VERY hot in the summer. The interior was used well and I am adjusting to the missing pieces. I love how this car drives and love the convertible/sunroof option. The dealership I purchased from gave me a good deal and I would buy from them again!

2 out of 5 stars

thoughts on eos at 87000 miles

ed conway, 03/04/2017
Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

my first month with low milage eos has been great and it has continued thru the next 3 1/2 years and 65 thousand miles.

12345...10