Used 2009 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews

Used Eos for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

FUN2BEHAD

FunFunFun, 11/06/2010
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I had a 2006 Passat on lease. I had been looking for 6 months for a convertible. VW let me out of my lease for a ridiculous amount and I got a EOS. I had tried the Toyota, Sebring and a few others but loved the handling of the EOS. It's fun, no problems, lots of compliments. Most fun driving ever. The back seat is small, but deep and bigger then the Volvo, Lexus etc.. I always get compliments on the car. It's been so much fun. Great for road trips to the beach.

1.88 out of 5 stars

This car is awful! Beware!

amyinbuffalo, 08/03/2009
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Long story short: I leased my Volkswagen EOS April1, 2009. Today is August 3, 2009 and it's been in the shop 3 times (STILL THERE mind you) for the convertable top malfunctioning OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. It stopped mid-air in a parking lot and wouldn't open all the way OR close all the way! I had to get a Flat Bed to take it to the dealership! Now VW wants to replace the ENTIRE roof! It's 3 MONTHS OLD! And, this is the best part, they are telling me that I MAY HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS. It's $8,000 alone just for the top! I am PETRIFIED to drive this car anymore and I don't want it anymore. The aggravation I have been through is appalling. It's STILL in the shop for the rest of summer!!!

1 out of 5 stars

Timing chain/ tensioner destroys engine

SNaseef, 07/31/2018
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is painful to write. I bought this car in 2009 and have loved it. So much fun. Took excellent care of it, had all maintenance check done at required intervals. I had a major problem with the manifold and fuel injection system in 2016, however VW had issued an extended warranty on this system to 120,000 miles, so it was fully covered, except for $500 to have engine Decatur’s. In Nov of 2017 the convertible top stopped functioning and I was told that a single wire broke and that a whole new wire harness had to be replaced at the cost of $2000.00. I did the repair because I knew the top only had so many times to open before it would malfunction, and since I totally loved the car and had only minor repairs in past I decided bite the bullet. I intended to keep this car well over 150,000 miles. A few weeks ago the car wouldn’t start and I found out the timing tensioner failed causing the timing to jump and that my engine would need to be repaired or replaced. My mechanic was sure it would need a new engine but referred me to VOLKSWAGON to have the work done. He was furious. He said this shouldn’t happen to a car with this mileage. The VW DEALER told me it would cost $360 to take a look at the car. VW told me if I was lucky enough (unlikely) to only need a new timing chain the cost would be a few thousand dollars. To replace the engine would be $7,000 to $8,000. The Kelly Blue Book value on this car running, in excellent condition, was at top $4485. This was my first and last VW. The car body was built like a tank. VW has failed the public (lying about fuel emissions, causing the resale values of their vehicles to plummet). VW CUSTOMER CARE is a joke - why they even spend the money to man the phones is rediculous. I have called them twice for these last two issues and all they could do is say they were sorry I had these problems. The last person I spoke to told me I would not hear back from VW on this last matter. I will be telling everyone I know about my issue and advising anyone who is interested VW/VOLVO to steer clear! UPDATE: Two months after I sold the car for junk for $400 I got a letter from VW telling me they had settled a class action suit and they would be reimbursing the cost of repairs for those who had this problem and made repairs and paying for the repairs in anyone who had this problem in the future or who needed repairs for this problem. It really pissed me off because I called Volkswagen to ask if there was a pending case or if they had issued extended warranties for this issue. I also went to the dealership where I bought the car and asked the owner about this issue and if he knew of any legal cases and he lied and said he did not know of any issue switch this problem. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER VOLKSWAGON PRODUCT! I tell everyone I know this story. Volkswagen is not a reputable company

4 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars

Very pleased

CCP, 10/12/2008
Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Sorry there are "lemons" . Fortunately, I am one of the lucky ones. I have been in search of a convertible for close to a year. I knew I wanted German technology, retractable hard top, front wheel drive if not all wheel,and some updated technology like a navigation system and ipod adapter. What you can get loaded in this car is a just a starter price in BMW or Audi. Audi does not yet make a hard top and BMW does not have front wheel drive in the class. The retractable hardtop has a panoramic sunroof that opens..the only convertible with this feature. They have corrected the "whirring"with small windscreen above he windshield. Technology of top closure:priceless. Gas OK.

It's worth it!

EOSEJIL, 01/16/2009
Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I purchased my Black on Black fully loaded EOS in October and gave it much thought, it was totally the right choice. I have read a TON of reviews on the '07-'09 and here are tips for those who have had issues. You need an excellent dealer with VW fans in service, the prep work needed on this car is extensive. I test drove several and only two dealers seemed to have it prepped right. My car has no issues at all. Also you cannot wash this car under 40 degrees or you will mess up the seals, plain and simple. If you do not have a garage I would not buy an EOS. You have to be patient with the car, the window move to get in and out be gentle. '09 DVD Nav is worth it too if you drive a

12345...10