Used 2009 Volkswagen Eos Consumer Reviews

Used Eos for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons
4.63 out of 5 stars

Nice car with a few hiccups

drspoon, 03/25/2010
Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This fun car is a dream to drive. The turbo engine really gets up and goes. We have taken the car on long trips and it is really very comfortable. Now after having it for a year we find out the hard way that the engine is an oil burner after total 20k mileage. Just got it back from the dealer where the oil consumption is one half quart per 1000 miles-- an amount that Volks says is acceptable. I asked how I can make the 10,000 mile factory suggested oil change interval and the dealership simply says I cannot. For the price of this car and the supposed quality of Volks engineering this is simply unacceptable. No more Volkswagens for me!!!!!!!

3.88 out of 5 stars

My 1st VW and my LAST

louloulane, 05/12/2010
Lux 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Beautiful eye catching car. Too bad it's not reliable. I have had to have it towed 3 times in 3 months back to the dealership. We bought 2 VW's on the same day, an Eos & a CC. The Eos has been such an unpleasant experience it will be the last time a VW is owned in our family. 1st time and last time for a VW for us. Ignition, electrical,turbo problems.

5 out of 5 stars

this is the one!

atlanticdave, 10/11/2012
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

unlike so many other folks who seem to have owned nothing but foreign cars, i have only ever driving u.s.-made cars...and, although i know that american cars are essentially now the best they've ever been the quality they've ever been, i have to say i have never owned or driven anything as nice as this car...i am saddened that not all of us have had positive experiences...i purchased it three years old, with 14,000 miles on it...and i just want to say, so far, so GREAT! nice ride, nice interior comfort, great sound system, very head-turning and eye-catching, plenty of acceleration, i recommend this car without hesitation! i have driven it 6,000 miles, and have nothing but positive things

3 out of 5 stars

DEFECTIVE TRANSMISSION

BOCA LEN, 11/13/2010
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Overall my EOS is a reasonably priced convertible with generally good quality. I bought the car new. I drive to work and never abuse the car - just basic transportation However, at 1400 miles the transmission blew and had to be replaced with what I now know is a refurbished unit. Last week at 10,000 miles the refurbished transmission blew again. The dealer wants to replace with a refurbished unit again. VW extended the warranty, the dealer has been pleasant to work with and provides a loaner car. The point is, this transmission is too complex. I thing that anyone considering buying a VW with this transmission needs to be aware of the problems that are inherent with this unit. Beware!

4.13 out of 5 stars

FUN LITTLE CONVERTIBLE

FLORIDA LEN, 10/19/2009
Komfort 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was concerned about buying a hardtop convertible, but I bought the EOS knowing how well VW builds cars. So far, early on in ownership, the car is solid and exhibiting no leaks. The car is a good value for the money. It is not a styling standout, but the design is nice looking. The interior is typically German, all business. What is great about the car is that is overall very solid, handles well and has decent mileage from a very peppy engine. Although, a small car, it feels very safe and secure and I am glad I bought it.

12345...10