Used 2003 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews

Used Prius for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Drive a Prius

RLG, 03/22/2009

Our vehicle mileage just went over 100,000 miles. This car is amazing. We have averaged about 50 mpg for almost eight years. It's so quiet.

Love the Prius! still going.............

Tone, 08/30/2002

To my surprise,the Prius is a great hybrid car. The Prius has very arrowdynamic exterior styling,especially in the front. If you want a hybrid car,this is a great choice.I have about 500 miles on my new 2003 prius. 507 to be exact and I'm stil on my first tank of gas!!!!!!! LOVE the gas mileage! This car is huge on the inside:).It seems almost like you are sitting in a Camry. Not the best looking car I've ever seen, but it is definitely great value for the dollar. All Toyotas are.:)

Glad I bought mine when I did

jack, 11/12/2006

Very comfortable driver's seat.

The best car I've ever bought

diesel power, 03/21/2004

I purchased my 03 after test driving the 04 model. I bought the 03 as 6ft tall adults can fit in the back, something not possible in the new model. I now have 16k miles on my car, and I've had 0 warranty issues with this car. Lifetime fuel economy so far is 46.8 mpg. This number keeps climbing. Toyota has brought us the future of automobiles. The rest of the industry needs to take notice, or risk being left to oblivion. I routinely drive over 35k miles annually. I've driven this car on a 3200 mile round trip from Dallas TX, to Haliburton, Ontario, and back. It's performance was nothing less than stellar.

Toyota Hybrid is a Winner

homertcornish1, 08/27/2006

After 4 years of driving I have found the 2003 Toyota Prius an excellent auto in every category except for comfort. The newer models are 5 inches longer which should improve the comfort. My average highway mileage is over 50 mpg regardless of speed. In town mileage is closer to 45 (Toyota claims you get better mileage in town but its not true). It has plenty of power to go up mountains and can keep up with the best of cars and trucks on the Interstate. I have had only one minor glitch during the 4 years of my ownership and that was a minor computer that was replaced free by Toyota. Maintenance has been comparable to a regular gasoline car, except for the $700 cost of the 60,000 maintenance.

Just the car I needed

donpar, 07/11/2004

I mostly do relatively (less than 10 mile) commutes which involves a lot of city street driving. Under these conditions, the mileage is excellent, never less than 40 mpg. Don't do a whole lot of highway and hill driving so can't comment on that. For what I need the car has exceeded my expectations.

Fun to save

Klebel, Wolfgang, 10/17/2004

I just have the Prius for a few week, but my dribving has changed. I save more gas because I drive with an eye on the Power picture, always being aware a little less gas can save it and get me there in good time. Especiallthe stopping and starting is more leasurly and saves!

Completey satisfied

Maine-iacs, 03/21/2005

We have tracked mileage for every tank of gas, averaging 53 mpg all around during summer months and 44mpg during winters. We do a 44mile commute each workday at 55-60mph. Two riders with total weight of 290lbs. We see no signficant drop in mileage when on the interstate at 70-75 mph. We plan to purchase another

Great car... wave to the gas pumps

icvalue, 11/08/2007

Outstanding car overall, Great gas mileage (46 avg.). Very reliable car. Better acceleration than most small cars and it handles very well. Much roomier than I expected.

A little bit disappointed

Scott, 05/23/2006

We were so excited to own this car. It is our first new car and I share it with my wife. We drive it more then average drivers ~18-19000 per year. We average 40 miles per gallon and that is when we do not use the air conditioning. We have asked our Toyota dealership about it and they have not been able to answer except by saying it must be because we always accelerate too fast, which is untrue. We also recently had to replace the "transmission knob sensor" at a cost of $750 and it was no longer under warranty. we have also had some other quality problems with the car. It also goes through tires faster then other cars.

12345...10