Used 2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

Used Camry for Sale
Select your model:
12345...20

Pros
Cons

215,000 miles and going strong

J. Cop, 02/18/2016
XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm not your typical highway-only driver. I live in the country on dirt roads. I drive this car hard and fast. It gets driven through mud and down dirt roads every day. When I finally make it onto the highway, I drive it at least 60 miles a day and usually closer to 120 miles a day. I bought this car used with 25,000 miles on it. I now have 215,000. The only thing I've done other than oil and tires is fix one thing (I can't remember what it was called) that cost me $200. I did that around 200,000 miles. It came with a lot of warranty but I never had to use it. I drove the miles out pretty fast because I drive a lot. The only problem I have is my road is terrible so I wear tires out pretty fast. I get mud on the inside of the tires and they wear unevenly sometimes. But, that is not the cars fault. I have had two deer hit the car on the drivers side. It did some cosmetic damage, but the car held firm on the road and no passengers were injured. So, it can take a hit and keep on trucking. The last hit was pretty hard. I never hit my breaks because I didn't see it coming. So, the air bags did not deploy and were not needed. It was a large buck. Took out most of the front, drivers side. But, I'm still driving it. The insurance company says it will cost more to fix it than it is worth so that tells you the damage. I think this car is amazing. And, if I can drive it off-road, you should be fine driving it on paved roads. :) Even after 5 years of a hard life, it still handles great, the interior is great (2 kids later). All the bells and whistles still work - windows roll up and down, AC works, etc. I have had to add some freon the last couple of summers..but other than that the AC has worked great. If I were being overly picky, my only complaints would be...I don't like the USB connection location. It is hard to get to. And, it doesn't charge when the car is off. It does have cigarette lighter chargers that are better located. But, the fuze went out and I haven't replaced it. Tthe charcoal gas emissions thing is malfunctioned and makes it hard to pump gas. The pump clicks off several times before i the car is full. This happened on my previous camry also. I think the canister is full of dirt. But, it is expensive to fix so I live with it. If you have the chance to purchase a 2010 Camry, do it. You won't regret it. Oh...I also average 25-32 mpg and I drive at least 75 mph because I'm in Texas and we do that here. :)

2010 Camry LE 2.5 automatic

rji1, 07/21/2012

I bought this with 14000 mi and have put on nearly 6k of mixed driving. Having owned everything from economy cars to muscle cars I was not sure how I would feel about what many look at as an old mans car. Being a modestly priced car I was pleasantly surprised at the fit and finish. The interior although well designed, uses what seems to be low quality materials. Silver painted plastic is the choice over brushed aluminum. I quickly corrected this with a wood grain overlay kit. Safety is a big plus with the Camry and shows with it's safety rating. Front and side air bags, knee bag along and standard traction control and abs add to the security. This car exceeds my expectations.

Nice, Reliable, Comfortable, Economical

mcdawgg, 11/22/2011

No complaints after 2+ years (20k miles), no trips back to the dealer for ANYTHING. Only the accelerator recall, which will never cause a problem unless you put one mat on top of another and/or you don't use the clips to secure the mat. If you read the owner's manual and use common sense, you have nothing to worry about. But the recall changes the accelerator pedal so it is "idiot" proof. There is ZERO evidence of unintended acceleration or problems with the electronics, according to NASA. Good job to all the folks in Kentucky that built this car, and I am happy to see that 85% of the parts are also from North America! As a bonus, I also own Toyota stock, so I share in the profits

Great value

drcelica, 07/22/2012

I've own my 2010 Camry LE I4 for 2.5 yrs and have 51K mile on her. This car is perfect for what it is, a comfortable daily commuter that's easy to maintain. I've taken lots of road trips in the Camry and it's perfect for the open roads. I've got as much as 36 mpg if I keep it at 70 mph but avg around 32 going 80. Neg. reviews about the trans keeps popping up but I've never had a problem with mine since I drive the car gently to keep the wear and tear down. Reliability so far has been perfect. I haven't gone to the dealer once for warranty repair. If you buy a Camry for what it is, a commuter car, you're going to be happy; just don't expect BMW handling.

Still excellent

JonJon1223, 11/18/2010

I LOVE my Camry SE. I do a lot of driving daily, mostly highway. I get 30+ mpg, the ride is comfortable and quiet, the seats are really nice, great stereo with XM radio. It's roomy and fun to drive. Don't believe all the negativity that appears here. It's mostly bogus. Camry is by far still above the Sonata, Accord, and Altima.

Best car I've ever owned

NoahAZ, 02/02/2019
LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My father used to work at GM (ironically at the Fremont plant, which became a joint GM/Toyota venture, and is now the Tesla plant) way before I started driving, and in his hate of all things GM, we had Datsuns/Nissans for years. Then the French took over Nissan and they never made a decent transmission again. We went through 4 transmissions on one Sentra in a matter of three years, and my mom said, "I'm DONE! I'm getting a Corolla!" That was in the mid-2000s. Since then, we've liquidated the Datsuns/Nissans we had a combined 2 million miles on, and started buying Toyotas about 15 years ago. The original Corolla is an "extra" car for emergencies. It has about 250,000 miles with no repairs. I had a Scion tC that I rolled on black ice in 2009. The integrity of the car saved my life. It was built like a tank. Now my mom has a RAV4 and I have a 2010 Camry, which we bought about a month apart. We're still driving them. My Camry hasn't had a single problem except the two front struts just started to leak a few months ago. That's hardly surprising, though, because I live in the mountains and drive on rough roads. Toyota's philosophy of "zero defects" has been proven to us in practice.

Update after 2yrs. of ownership

piratemorgan, 10/21/2011

The Camry has done it's job for me and the Mrs.. We're still not tired of it, as we were with our Impala's at this point in ownership. Build quality has been excellent, no rattles, no problems, one recall (floor mat). A great experience. I do have one complaint that I can forgive, and hope it's fixed in 2012 model, the transmission. Very awkward city and country road driving, constantly "hunts" for gear, refuses to "coast", downshifts or upshifts at precisely the wrong time. If you ease into the gas it shifts within a few feet and drops you into a sluggish 2nd gear in an attempt to save fuel I guess. But alas, the "tricks" it's doing doesn't help that much in mpg's. We'll live with it.

2500 mile update - 30.8 miles per gallon

jpr, 09/12/2009

Would like to share thoughts after driving this 2010 Camry LE 4 cylinder, 6 speed auto for apx. 3 months and 2500 miles... am very pleased with the "everyday" gas mileage (mixed driving, freeway commute to work and city driving for errands) 30.8 mpg. Fantastic for the space and size of this vehicle. The transmission seemed to be "learning" my driving style the first week or two, then has smoothed out beautifully...I think this is typical of most modern transmissions. Very pleased with driving this car in the rain, very secure and the wipers are the best of any vehicle I have driven...small detail but may be important to someone thinking of purchasing this vehicle who often drives in rain.

Issues with Acceleration

n2b, 09/17/2010

This is my 7th Toyota, and a 3rd Camry. In spite of the news about unintended acceleration incidents I bought the Camry because of my past experience with Toyota's reliability. I found the 2010 models acceleration to be most uncomfortable and practically unusable. The response to the pressure on the accelerator pedal was a step up jerk rather than a ramped up response.It was a nightmare in stop&go traffic. The shop manager revealed that the pedal assembly from Toyota's US vendor was the ones needing the modifications to solve the pedal recalls. The Japanese Nippon Denso made pedals were of different design and were recall free. Did a special order with the latter - problem solved. All is well

Tire alignment problems

ken, 11/16/2010

I bought this Camry 14 months ago and put almost every mile on it and really baby it. Since before 10,000 miles I started hearing tire noise. After having checked the tire dealer who said I had no warranty,Toyota ck and said the front end and rear alignment were out,I have never had to align a new car EVER.The tires are Bridgestone made for the Camry. This is my umpteenth new car, never have I ever had a problem, lucky me I guess. I traded a 09 corolla with a very similar problem.

12345...20