Used 2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

Used Camry for Sale
Select your model:
12345...40

Pros
Cons
1 out of 5 stars

Oil Burner

Camry Oil Burner, 11/26/2019
SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the car new. Serviced regularly. at 40,000 started "Excessive Oil Usage." Need to add a quart in 400 miles. Same 4 cylinder engine that was recalled by Toyota for all years up to 2009. (Toyota overhauled 2008 & 2009 Camry engine for us.) 2010 is not covered under lawsuit and recall. All 4 cylinder Toyotas from 2010 will be subject to this problem. My family has owned 15 Toyotas. No longer a Camry Family.

3 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars

I Love my new Camry

JJ, 02/06/2010
XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 4th Camry and 5th Toyota I have owned. In the past I had always purchased the LE model. After my girlfriend purchased a late model XLE with a 6 cylinder engine I decided my next care would be a 6. The XLE is an amazing car. Very luxurious and a pleasure to drive. This by far the best car I have ever owned.

3.25 out of 5 stars

6 speed transmission operation is poor

FraunkH, 07/01/2010
LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

4 cylinder 2010 LE-6 speed auto. Transmission problems are numerous. Mileage at 15,00, issues are increasing. Transmission shifts hard, both up and down. Continually "hunts" for a gear. Down shifts occur during a coasting to a stop making the car lurch. Encountered transmission slip during shifts where revs will increase to 3-3500 with no transmission response. Also had the revs go to 7000 rpm when traveling at 70+mph and activating the cruise. Just like shoving in a clutch. 4 times to the dealer. Dealer says normal, might be a software update? Meanwhile, just a very unpleasant car to drive in the city or suburbs. On the plus side, on the highway at a steady 70+, 32 mph and rides great.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Great car!!! Gonna miss this baby!

gavmat, 03/19/2013
LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I leased this car back in December of 2009 and my lease is now up and I extended an extra six months cause I simply don't want to give it back and can't afford to buy it. I love the car and feel like it should be priced higher. As for people saying its bad in the snow you just don't know how to drive in it. In 3 years of PA weather I have never once got stuck in snow. I live 15 miles from work and take all back roads the entire way. It's great on gas and is very comfortable. My only two complaints are how light colored the interior is and the transmission. My interior was dirty the first week from the messy weather in January. The transmission is always searching for a gear. Great car tho!

90k Camry outperforms 2 previous luxury SUV's

John E, 06/29/2017
XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am writing this because I am so pleased with my 2010 Camry XLE. From day I purchased it at 85k and continuing until now at 96k, this car has completely outperformed my previous 2 luxury SUV's, both of which had way lower miles and were several years newer. I am talking about a 2011 Infiniti EX with under 20k miles and a 2012 Cadillac SRX with under 40k miles. This older and higher mileage Camry is quieter, rides better, and just generally drives way better than either of those SUV's. Even more astounding, I am getting this better performance at 1/3 the price of the previous 2 vehicles. Better car for way less money. This Camry has all the options so it is as close to a Lexus as you can get. I did think a 2008 Lexus ES350 probably was even quieter and rode even better, but the Lexus was all beat up and had more miles on it and still cost more than the Camry. Only negatives on the Camry are that the steering has loosened up a bit and I have to correct it too often for my taste. Is still comfortable to drive but wish steering was tighter. Also, passenger seat has developed an obnoxious rattle but only does it sometimes, thankfully not all the time. The real issue is do I enjoy driving the car? Before, when I had the 2 aforementioned SUV's, I usually drove my wife's 2014 Kia Forte5 because it drove better than either of mine. Now, I never drive hers anymore if I can help it because my Camry is simply more comfortable--the ride is so much quieter and comfortable both in town and on the road than the Kia or my former SUV's. You can just sit back and relax and drive all day without getting tired or beat up. Love how simple the controls are in the Camry. Virtually no learning curve at all. Navigation screen is right where I like it in the center stack in the middle so both front occupants can see it and do things with it. Camry has been totally reliable with no repairs at all during my 11,000 miles of ownership. The gas mileage even though it's a V6 is way better than either of the previous 2 SUV's and is nearly as good as the Kia Forte5. Gets 30ish on the highway and 25 around town which I think is astounding for a car of this size and power. With 18 gallon tank, have huge cruising range. Backup camera works well and so does navigation system which has real time traffic. The value equation is huge here--this is the kind of performance and quality I was hoping for from the 2 SUV's but didn't get and ended up now with better car for 1/3 the price. Will probably stay with Camry when feel need for new wheels. One more note--USB ports are recessed in center stack and a pain to find. Had to buy dedicated cord to leave in car because it's so hard to find. That design feature could be improved. Also, wish that could adjust fan speed one notch slower than the slowest that it offers. Most cars offer a bigger range of fan speeds than this one, at least on low end--it simply needs a slower notch than the slowest one it has. It's like they skipped from 0 to 2 and left out 1. Not a big deal though and just a minor annoyance on occasion. Most of the time it doesn't really matter. Also, quality of JBL premium stereo system is awesome. Sound quality is amazing and it has room for 4 CD's in the dashboard, which is a big convenience. Also like that does not seem to get out of balance tires very often. Have only needed to balance once and they're still balanced 6000 miles later.

12345...40