Used 2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

Used Camry for Sale
Select your model:
12345...40

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

Update after 2yrs. of ownership

piratemorgan, 10/21/2011
SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Camry has done it's job for me and the Mrs.. We're still not tired of it, as we were with our Impala's at this point in ownership. Build quality has been excellent, no rattles, no problems, one recall (floor mat). A great experience. I do have one complaint that I can forgive, and hope it's fixed in 2012 model, the transmission. Very awkward city and country road driving, constantly "hunts" for gear, refuses to "coast", downshifts or upshifts at precisely the wrong time. If you ease into the gas it shifts within a few feet and drops you into a sluggish 2nd gear in an attempt to save fuel I guess. But alas, the "tricks" it's doing doesn't help that much in mpg's. We'll live with it.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Sporty Camry SE has some shortcomings

PirateMorgan, 01/12/2010
SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 4,000 miles in all kinds of conditions. Snow, rain, city, and highway driving. This car is VERY fun to drive. The SE package adds 10hp via dual exhaust and tuning, anti-roll bars front and rear, tighter springs, and lower profile tires (not extremely low, just low enough). It handles beautifully, corners are absorbed with ease, and pickup from the 4cyl. is modest. It does whine a bit at first start on cold mornings, inherent with most 4cyl. It is a "tight" ride, if you want "soft" go for the LE or XLE.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Solid and Powerful

Big C, 10/01/2010
XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I asked a friend who repairs cars for a recommendation of a car that I could keep for 10 years. One of the four cars he recommended was the Camry. After a year of driving the car, I haven't been disappointed. It's a solid ride, powerful and smooth. Gas mileage has been great. My model is the XLE V6. It's a beautiful car and has lots of gadgets. For me, I'd rather have done without some of the gadgets and had the interior materials been nicer and the seating plusher.

3.13 out of 5 stars

Issues with Acceleration

n2b, 09/17/2010
4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 7th Toyota, and a 3rd Camry. In spite of the news about unintended acceleration incidents I bought the Camry because of my past experience with Toyota's reliability. I found the 2010 models acceleration to be most uncomfortable and practically unusable. The response to the pressure on the accelerator pedal was a step up jerk rather than a ramped up response.It was a nightmare in stop&go traffic. The shop manager revealed that the pedal assembly from Toyota's US vendor was the ones needing the modifications to solve the pedal recalls. The Japanese Nippon Denso made pedals were of different design and were recall free. Did a special order with the latter - problem solved. All is well

5 out of 5 stars

A luxury car with a lower price

ToyotaFan, 09/21/2009
XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been very impressed with this car. The seats are very comfortable, better than any other car I have driven. The driving is "plush" more than "sporty" which I prefer as I don't want to feel every bump in the road. The engine is quite powerful and has plenty of giddy-up. Braking is very sharp. Very quiet vehicle. Excellent turning radius. Gets up to 32 mpg on 87 octane when driven on highway even though it is advertised at 28 mpg (how often do you see that?). Visibility out the back of the car is still pretty good, and the rear view camera helps quite a bit. I feel like I am driving a luxury car. Good workmanship.

12345...40