Used 2007 Saturn Sky Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saturn Sky Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sky model:

Sky Redline such a great car!
By GW

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

unique design- eye catching! plenty of room even for a 6'3" guy like me. extremely fun to drive!

Stop Debating. Buy one.
By WiscoShibby

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I owned one, drove it for 25,000 miles, sold it for some extra cash to put down on a house. Already looking for another one. You can go pay twice as much for an S2000 or go ahead and get an underpowered Miata but what's the point? A Sky Redline with a $300 Trifecta Tune is easily the best performance car you can get for your money. Less than 3,000lbs, near perfect 50/50 weight distribution and over 300hp/350lbs of torque (With the previously mentioned tune) will put you into C6 Corvette range while getting close to 30MPG. Not to mention cheap insurance costs, easy and inexpensive to maintain (the 2.0 turbo motor is still being thrown into most current GM models today, parts are everywhere, stop crying about Saturn being dead). The top takes literally 4 seconds to put down, I don't understand why people complain about it so much. The interior could be slightly better quality (less plastic) but it looks good and honestly, you'll have so much fun driving it you wont care. The trunk space isn't great, but if that really mattered you wouldn't be looking at a roadster right now anyway. There are luggage racks you can mount on the trunk (temporarily) for longer trips which work just fine. Honestly though, my favorite part about the car is that you rarely see them anywhere. I cant go anywhere in summer without seeing a Corvette, Miata, S2000 or a Z3 anymore but seeing another Sky is like seeing a unicorn. People always stop and ask me what I'm driving and it's extremely entertaining to watch their reaction when I told them it's a Saturn. So, in conclusion, the only realistic flaws among an extremely long list of positives are: No trunk space. And a Saturn badge. Both have very simple solutions. Now go buy one. And start picking on some Mustangs. They don't like being humiliated by Saturns (When they aren't busy running into crowds of people).

Roadsters
By William Cunningham

2007 Saturn Sky 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Top down, not much trunk space!

Kaput goes the airbag!!!!!
By Bonnie S. Barlow

2007 Saturn Sky 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We only drive our Sky in the summer time because we live in very cold, icy, winters. The Sky is definitely not for snow travel. It will slide in only a skift of snow and leave you stranded. We started out this season and noticed that the airbag warning came on. We only had 40,000 miles on the
Sky when this occurred. We took it to the dealership after reading many bad reviews about the airbag performance particularly on that side. Imagine our disappointment when the dealer informed us that this had not been recalled as of yet.
We took it to the dealership and the bill was $939.00. I talked to a friend who has the Pontiac version of this car and the same thing has happened to theirs. There has to be a flaw and/or defect in that system. There are multiple fixes on You-Tube about this. I don't see how unplugging the indicator life is a fix, some people did...but we opted to fix ours so that if we are involved in a crash the passenger has protection. I realize that Saturn is no longer is business but that shouldn't stop them from standing behind their product.

Loved the car, but....
By wheeker

2007 Saturn Sky 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2007 Saturn Sky (base) in February 2011.
I loved the styling, handling, and performance so much! I just recently traded my car in for 2010 Mazda 3 though. Why would I do such a thing you ask? Well, it was a hard decision, but the idea of putting MORE money into the Sky was not what I wanted to do right now. I needed more room too. I used it as a daily driving car which was great for a while, but became annoying and a hassle when I couldn't even put a bag of cat litter in my trunk.
This is a great second car.
As an everyday car it becomes a hassle at times. I loved my Sky, and I miss it, especially knowing I'll never get another one, but at least I can say I owned one!

Performance and handling, hands down. Styling is amazing, I always got looks and questions about my car and I loved that. Helps mine was yellow! The cockpit feel of the interior and comfy seats. Basically everything except the fact that it had zero room for anything at all more than one grocery bag.

The trunk would leak, I had a buttress that wouldn't pop up to open the trunk which we fixed ourselves, otherwise it would have been thousands to fix it at a dealer, I spent almost $2000 to get the parking break fixed and new tires. Then end of last year the clear coat started coming off of my hood for no reason and the paint was oxidizing underneath, another $1,000 to get that painted - Corrosion warranty would've covered it, but that ran out if Feb. There is NO room whatsoever in the interior cabin or in the trunk. Hard to get in and out of sometimes. Why are there cup holders in this car? Who would have a drink in this car, much less use the flimsy cup holders? Also useless.