Used 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible
Used 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible
View more photos
View more photos
View more photos
View more photos
View more photos
Used E-Class for sale
Mercedes-Benz E-Class model years
Mercedes-Benz E-Class types
- AMG E 53
- AMG E 63 S
See Edmunds pricing data
Has Your Car's Value Changed?
Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.
2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible Review
Vehicle Test Editor
Reese Counts has worked in the automotive industry since he started as an intern at Edmunds in 2015. He has written or edited thousands of car-related articles and tested and reviewed hundreds of vehicles over the course of his career. Reese is a vehicle test editor at Edmunds and has also contributed to Autoblog. Reese has also been featured on Yahoo! Finance, Engadget and AOL reviewing cars and covering automotive technology, auto shows and more. Reese learned to drive in his father's C4 Chevrolet Corvette and now owns his grandfather's 1999 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG. A love for cars runs deep in his family.
- Exquisite cabin with excellent design and comfort features
- Driver assistance technology works great
- Vast array of personalization options
- High-horsepower AMG models are fun to drive
- Sedan's cargo capacity is small for the class
- Standard suspension can ride stiffly over rough surfaces
- Refreshed exterior design
- MBUX infotainment system replaces previous COMAND system
- E 450 now powered by an inline-six mild hybrid powertrain
- E 450 wagon is renamed All-Terrain
- Part of the fifth E-Class generation introduced for 2017
Though the fifth-generation E-Class has been on sale since 2017, Mercedes-Benz has done an admirable job making its midsize luxury car feel new at every turn. The 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class takes these constant updates even further, with a refreshed exterior and a slightly restyled cabin.
Calculate my fuel costs
Cost to DriveCost to drive estimates for the 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 450 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 9A) and comparison vehicles are based on 15,000 miles per year (with a mix of 55% city and 45% highway driving) and energy estimates of $3.96 per gallon for premium unleaded in Virginia.
Monthly estimates based on costs in Virginia
E-Class E 450
Avg. Midsize Car
The headlights and taillights closely resemble those on the smaller A-Class, while the grille is similar to the one on the GLE SUV. Inside, the E-Class gets Mercedes' latest MBUX infotainment system. It's a huge improvement over the older interface. The E-Class also gets a new steering wheel with capacitive touch controls, though the layout is functionally the same as the old one. Also new for the E 450 is a turbocharged inline-six engine paired to a mild hybrid system. It uses an electric motor that provides a bit of extra power when leaving from a stop and is slightly more fuel-efficient than the previous V6.
The E-Class is available as a sedan, a coupe, convertible and a wagon, which Mercedes now calls the All-Terrain. That means you're going to have a wide range of competitors to cross-shop. The E-Class' primary competitor has long been the BMW 5 Series. The current 5 Series keeps the pressure on with a wealth of features and a plug-in hybrid variant for those looking for carpool access. The Audi A6 sedan and A6 Allroad wagon, meanwhile, were recently redesigned and count a high-tech cabin among their many strengths. And buyers looking for something sleek and stylish might want to check out the new Cadillac CT5 sedan or Mercedes' own CLS.
Which E-Class does Edmunds recommend?
We suggest going with the midlevel E 450 4Matic. It comes with standard all-wheel drive and Mercedes' new six-cylinder engine with a mild hybrid system for smooth power and improved fuel economy. It's also not priced much higher than the E 350 4Matic. We suggest springing for the optional air suspension and Burmester audio system since they really help nail the luxury car feel.
2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class models
The 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class is one of the most multifaceted vehicles on the market. You can get the E-Class as a sedan, wagon, coupe or convertible, each available in multiple trims: E 350 (sedan only), E 450 (sedan, wagon, coupe, convertible), AMG E 53 (sedan, coupe, convertible) and AMG E 63 S (sedan and wagon) — each corresponding to a different powertrain.
The sedan-only E 350 is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder (255 horsepower, 273 lb-ft of torque) paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission. Rear-wheel drive is standard and all-wheel drive (4Matic) is available. Standard feature highlights include:
- LED headlights
- Simulated leather upholstery (MB-Tex)
- Power-adjustable and heated front seats
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment display
- MBUX infotainment interface
- Digital instrument cluster
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration
- Keyless entry with push-button start
- Automatic emergency braking (warns if a front impact is imminent and applies the brakes if you don't respond in time)
- Blind-spot monitor (alerts you if a vehicle in the next lane over is in your blind spot)
Noteworthy options on the E-Class sedan include:
- Larger wheels
- Air suspension (can raise or lower the ride height of the vehicle)
- Augmented video for easier navigation prompts
- MBUX Interior Assistant (can operate controls with hand gestures)
- Head-up display
- Surround-view camera (gives you a top-down view of the E-Class and its surroundings for tight parking situations)
- Adaptive headlights (swivel as you turn the steering wheel for better illumination in curves)
- Premium Burmester audio system
- Leather and premium leather upholsteries
- Wireless charging pad
- Panoramic sunroof
- Ventilated front seats
- Massaging front seats
- Driver Assistance package
- Adaptive cruise control (adjusts speed to maintain a constant distance between the vehicle and the car in front)
- Active steering assist (works with adaptive cruise control to keep the car centered in the lane, even around gentle curves)
- Lane departure warning (alerts you if the vehicle begins to drift out of its lane)
- Blind-spot monitor with rear cross-traffic alert (warns you if a vehicle is in your blind spot during a lane change or while reversing)
The E 450 is available as a sedan, coupe, convertible and the All-Terrain wagon. The coupe and convertible come standard with rear-wheel drive; all-wheel drive (4Matic) is optional on those and standard on the sedan and wagon. Mercedes is calling the 2021 E 450 wagon the All-Terrain. It's the same general design as in prior years but now has plastic fender body cladding and a slightly higher ride height.
All E 450s are powered by a turbocharged 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine paired to a mild hybrid system (362 hp, 369 lb-ft) mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission. Standard and optional features of the E 450 are similar to those of the E 350.
AMG E 53
Mercedes offers two performance variants of the E-Class. The AMG E 53 is available as a sedan, coupe or convertible. They have the turbocharged six-cylinder engine but here it makes 429 hp and 384 lb-ft. All E 53 models come with a sport-tuned all-wheel-drive system. Standard features mirror those on the E 450 models but add a few AMG-specific touches such as a sport-tuned air suspension and special wheels and exterior styling.
AMG E 63
The range-topping AMG E 63 is a brute, powered by a turbocharged 4.0-liter V8 (603 hp, 627 lb-ft) that sends power to all four wheels through a specially designed nine-speed automatic transmission. The AMG E 63 is only available as a sedan or wagon. Features build on the AMG E 53, adding even more performance-tuned goodies such as:
- 20-inch wheels
- Upgraded suspension tuning
- AMG exhaust
- AMG-specific MBUX functions
- Standard AMG Track Pace app
Options on the E 63 include options available on the E 53 plus:
- Carbon-fiber trim package
- Carbon-ceramic brakes for improved braking performance
Read what other owners think about the Used 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible.
4.4 out of 5 stars
Most helpful consumer reviews
5 out of 5 stars
E450 Cabriolet, a gem
2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 450 4MATIC 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 9A)
Great 4 seat convertible. The self driving mode: Distrontrics is outstanding. Fun to drive and own.
2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class video
Thanks to a subtle elegance in design, a premium interior, smooth ride, and excellent driver aids, it's easy to see why the Mercedes-Benz E-Class has long been a favorite luxury sedan of ours. Key updates this year only sweeten the package, elevating the E-Class to our top-rated luxury sedan ahead of last year's winner, the A-Class. The E-Class is offered in a variety of models, yet they all share a common theme of driving pleasure, refinement, and sophisticated tech. The newly-available and very intuitive MBUX infotainment system gives users a variety of methods for control, whether you prefer touch or voice. It also has an augmented reality overlay for navigation prompts, greatly reducing the amount of stress and anxiety when trying to get around unfamiliar city streets. The quiet interior provides all-day comfortable seats with plenty of adjustments for occupants of all sizes. If you have a lot of road trips planned, spring for the massaging seats. Trust me, you will not regret it. No matter the engine you choose, from the turbo 4-cylinder to the 6-cylinder, to even the 8-cylinder, the E-Class accelerates seamlessly, whether it's under the command of your right foot or the brains behind the clever adaptive cruise control system. And as you would expect from Mercedes, all this comes wrapped with an exquisite level of fit and finish and plenty of additional add-ons. Subtle and dignified, yet capable and comfortable, the E-Class is what you should picture when someone says "luxury sedan."
2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class: Top Rated Luxury Sedan | Edmunds Top Rated Awards 2021
The 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class takes the title as Top Rated Luxury Sedan in the Edmunds Top Rated Awards for 2021. Dethroning last year's winner, the smaller A-Class sedan, the E-Class is exactly the type of luxury car we have come to expect from Mercedes. A refreshed exterior,… restyled cabin and improved technology features elevate the 2021 Mercedes E-Class to the best luxury sedan for 2021.
2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible Features & Specs
- Base MSRP
- MPG & Fuel
- 23 City / 30 Hwy / 25 Combined
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 17.4 gal. capacity
- 4 seats
- Type: rear wheel drive
- Transmission: 9-speed shiftable automatic
- Inline 6 cylinder
- Horsepower: 362 hp @ 5,500 rpm
- Torque: 369 lb-ft @ 1,600 rpm
- Basic Warranty
- 4 yr./ 50,000 mi.
- Length: 190.4 in. / Height: 56.6 in.
- Overall Width with Mirrors: 80.9 in.
- Overall Width without Mirrors: 73.1 in.
- Curb Weight: 4,332 lbs.
- Cargo Capacity, All Seats In Place: 9.5 cu.ft.
Our experts like the E-Class models:
- Driver Drowsiness Monitor
- Helps mitigate an accident by monitoring signs of driver fatigue.
- Evasive Steering Assist
- Calculates extra steering torque during an evasive maneuver to help the driver avoid a collision and maintain control of the car.
- Pre-Safe Sound
- Reduces hearing damage from an accident by emitting a specific noise that triggers an inner-ear muscle reflex to protect hearing.
NHTSA Overall Rating5 out of 5 stars
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration offers independent analysis.
- Frontal Barrier Crash RatingOverall5 / 5Driver4 / 5Passenger5 / 5
- Side Crash RatingOverall5 / 5
- Side Barrier RatingOverall5 / 5Driver5 / 5Passenger5 / 5
- Combined Side Barrier & Pole RatingsFront Seat5 / 5Back Seat5 / 5
- RolloverRollover5 / 5Dynamic Test ResultNo TipRisk Of Rollover9.7%
The Insurance Institute of Highway Safety uses extensive crash tests to determine car safety.
- Side Impact TestGood
- Roof Strength TestGood
- Rear Crash Protection / Head RestraintGood
- IIHS Small Overlap Front TestNot Tested
- Moderate Overlap Front TestGood
People who viewed this also viewed
|5.0 average Rating out of 1 reviews.|
|Starting at $44,850|
|Starting at $54,800|
|4.5 average Rating out of 2 reviews.|
|Starting at $55,900|
More about the 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class
Used 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible Overview
The Used 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible is offered in the following styles: E 450 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 9A), E 450 4MATIC 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 9A), and AMG E 53 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl Twincharger gas/electric mild hybrid 9A). Pre-owned Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible models are available with a 3.0 L-liter mild hybrid engine, with output up to 429 hp, depending on engine type. The Used 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible comes with rear wheel drive, and all wheel drive. Available transmissions include: 9-speed shiftable automatic.
What's a good price on a Used 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible?
Price comparisons for Used 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible trim styles:
- The Used 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible E 450 4MATIC is priced between $84,996 and$84,996 with odometer readings between 246 and246 miles.
Shop with Edmunds for perks and special offers on used cars, trucks, and SUVs near Ashburn, VA. Doing so could save you hundreds or thousands of dollars. Edmunds also provides consumer-driven dealership sales and service reviews to help you make informed decisions about what cars to buy and where to buy them.
Which used 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertibles are available in my area?
Used 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible Listings and Inventory
There are currently 1 used and CPO 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertibles listed for sale in your area, with list prices as low as $84,996 and mileage as low as 246 miles. Simply research the type of used car you're interested in and then select a prew-owned vehicle from our massive database to find cheap used cars for sale near you. Once you have identified a used or CPO vehicle you're interested in, check the AutoCheck vehicle history reports, read dealer reviews, and find out what other owners paid for the Used 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible.
Shop Edmunds' car, SUV, and truck listings of over 6 million vehicles to find a cheap used, or certified pre-owned (CPO) 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible for sale near you.
Can't find a used 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E-Class Convertible you want in your area? Consider a broader search.
Find a used Mercedes-Benz E-Class for sale.
Find a used Mercedes-Benz for sale.
Find a used certified pre-owned Mercedes-Benz E-Class for sale.
Find a used certified pre-owned Mercedes-Benz for sale.
Should I lease or buy a 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class?
Is it better to lease or buy a car? Ask most people and they'll probably tell you that car buying is the way to go. And from a financial perspective, it's true, provided you're willing to make higher monthly payments, pay off the loan in full and keep the car for a few years. Leasing, on the other hand, can be a less expensive option on a month-to-month basis. It's also good if you're someone who likes to drive a new car every three years or so.
Check out Mercedes-Benz lease specials
Check out Mercedes-Benz E-Class lease specials
Related Used 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible info
Shop used vehicles in your area
- Used Saturn VUE 2003
- Used Audi S5 2019
- Used Oldsmobile Aurora 2001
- Used Ford Transit Passenger Van 2015
- Used Ford Crown Victoria 1995
- Used Mercury Marauder 2003
- Used Mazda MX-5 Miata 2007
- Used Ferrari 458 Italia 2014
- Used Volkswagen Beetle 2004 For Sale
- Used Nissan Pathfinder 2001
Popular new car reviews and ratings
- Volvo S90 2022
- 2022 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
- 2024 Jeep Wagoneer News
- 2022 GLS-Class
- 2023 Porsche 718 Cayman
- 2022 Encore GX
- Audi S8 2022
- 2022 Jaguar I-PACE
- 2022 Maserati 8 Series
- 2023 BMW i4
Vehicle rankings by type
- Best Sports Cars
- Truck Midsize
- Best Muscles
- Truck Heavy Duty
- Best Midsize Vehicles
- Best Subcompact Vehicles
- Best SUV Index Carousel_Chals
- Hybrid Plug In Hybrid Cars
Research Similar Vehicles
- 765LT Spider For Sale
- Jaguar F-TYPE 2022
- Mazda MX-5 Miata RF 2022
- 2022 Mazda MX-5 Miata
- 2022 Maserati 4 Series
- 2022 Convertible
- 2023 Audi TT
- 2022 Maserati Convertible
- 2023 Maserati Convertible
- 2022 Maserati M8