Used 1991 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used LS 400 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

380,000 miles and going strong!

BMV26, 08/17/2005

Up to 380,000 miles now. Have had it repainted and have had a leather interior kit installed. Still think it's the best luxury sedan ever made. No problems, no issues. It just starts and runs like new. Normal repairs only: brake pads, tune-ups, etc.

Great value

Dan Mabry, 10/22/2016
4dr Sedan

These cars were built to last forever and are a great value on the used market

Amazed for a 20yr old car

1st time Lexus, 04/20/2010

First time even driving a Lexus. I was hesitant due to the fact that I thought it was going to be an overrated Toyota. Night and day difference, and totally different from a Toyota. Even at 20yrs young, this car looks and drives like new (Yes the previous owner took very good care of her)Don't like the sound system, but can easily be upgraded and brought up to the 21st century. Car rides super smooth, makes you feel the luxury. Only piece I was disappointed in the stereo, but otherwise fabulous car. V8 power is decent. Looking to add performance mods and get a little more. Hope this helps

Best Car I've owned

markes, 06/21/2003

Bought it w/70,000 miles, just passed 165,000 and no major problems! Aside from regular maintenance at 15,000- mile intervals, only other major costs have been a new Pwr steering pump ($800), new front ball joints ($400), and new gaskets for valve covers & oil pan (mostly labor). Quiet & reliabe....a dream of a car!

Amazing car

happyowner, 06/09/2009

This is the best car I have ever owned. I bought it off a friend of my father's. It runs like new even at 240K+ miles!! Haven't had any problems with it other than a faulty sensor but that is common for this model and year. I plan to keep it well into the 300K range. Reliable and powerful, never call my car an expensive Toyota. This is a luxury car through and through with power like a sports car!

Still best sedan ever made!

BWV26, 02/01/2003

1991 LS400 with 250,872 miles. Have spent A/C repairs $2800, steering pump $578, rear air shock $525, major tune- up $1200, rear calipers $374, driver door lower speaker $200, fog lamp housing/lenses $200, tires $1,500. 2.9 cents/mile! Worth every penny.

Beautiful vehicle

Mike, 03/01/2005

Bought this a few months ago. Had 99,800 miles on it. Paid $6,200 for it at a dealer, which I thought was a great price. Fabulous car. Best ride of anything I've driven, and this is at 14 years old. Solid, strong, smooth. Understated styling, which I like. Exceptionally comfortable drive on long-distances. This car is just a pleasure to drive. Plenty of power and muscle. Very quiet on the road, especially on the freeway. An absolute winner, in my book.

Piece of crap

Hampartzum, 04/18/2003

it's a very good car but after 10 years parts start to fall off and also start to break

very happy owner

very happy user, 07/04/2008

I have been totally happy with this car from day one. I've had virtually no major problems in 17 years, just routine maintenance (and inexpensive rear light bulbs going out regularly). It has been incredibly quiet ride from day one, unbelievably so. It seems like it'll last another 5-10 years! I'm passing it on to my teenage child, but only since after 17 years, it's time to move on (the car, not the kid!), e.g. to get a CD player!

163K & still running

Rich T., 07/07/2008

Garage kept 91 LS400. Paint is flawless with the interior being just as nice. 16 year old vehicles usually find the scrapyard by now but not this one! I have had the A/C compressor go out, and a couple leaks (power steering pump & manifold gasket) of which I've not invested the funds to fix. Dealership quoted me $1900 for the A/C compressor. "I'll do without". Friends have mentioned how comfortable a ride it is, and I'm not one to argue. Gas gauge is funny as the vehicle seems to run as if it were out of gas although the gauge is still showing 1/4 tank?? All in all, this vehicle "hooked me" into becoming a future Lexus owner. It will definitely be hard to drive anything else now.

51050