Used 2007 Lexus GX 470 Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used GX 470 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

2007 GX470

Arno Huang, 06/09/2016
4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

A Lexus mechanic checked out my car prior to purchase. Beware there are some trouble spots, but overall they are one of the most reliable vehicles you can buy. If you are a Lexus owner, you have access to all Lexus service records online (including records prior to your ownership). This is a great resource. We traded a RX330 for the GX, the GX has a much nicer interior and the build quality is amazing. Very pleased with the vehicle.

Solid, powerful and reliable. Great luxury SUV

active_dad, 07/29/2013
4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We owned a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee for 6 years before this, which was a solid and powerful SUV, but this GX is several rungs up the quality ladder. Ample, smooth power, VERY comfortable and quiet even at freeway speeds. Rock solid in the snow and rain and very reliable. 3rd row seats are handy, and easy to fold up or remove. Anyone who says it's difficult is mechanically inept. Literally takes < 1 min. Side swinging rear door is great in some situations, not so great in others. I personally like it, and the locking hinge open, feature is helpful. Not the best mileage at 14-15 mi. combined avg per gallon (much better on freeway), but it is a fairly large, heavy, luxury SUV with a V8, so actually not too bad. Handles great for its size, and the driving modes and right height adjustments really help for specific driving and road types. Only thing we've had to address in the 50K+ miles we've driven it was a new alternator. Was approx. $750 to replace, with parts& labor.

Lexus GX 470

Thedon3, 11/22/2006
4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd GX. This SUV gives the driver great command of the road, with all the bells and whistles. The GX drives very smooth, brakes are great as well as all the safety features.

Power, Comfort, & Reliability. GX470 FTW!

Lexus Believer, 01/31/2016
4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After we had our second child, we were looking to replace our '04 Jeep Grand Cherokee with something a bit larger, and higher end. With two kids, two large dogs, and the needed ability to tow and secure a motorcycle carrier to the tow hitch, the choices were limited. I researched several SUVs in this class, but all reviews and stats kept leading me back to the GX. I started looking for certified pre-owned GXs with low mileage, and there weren't many. I took that as a sign that these vehicles were sought after and kept. I finally found an immaculate '07 with only 25K miles on it. After we drove it, we realized why everyone gushes over their Lexus cars and suvs. It drives much smaller than it is, and it's really comfortable and very quiet. The power is awesome, especially off the line and charging uphill. It tows easily and has a tongue weight of 650+ lbs to handle my moto carrying needs. Interior storage space is more than ample. The 3rd row is handy when you need it, and easy to remove when you don't. Other than the 16mpg avg, I really have no complaints. We have taken our GX in the snow, mud, on icy roads, and everywhere in between, and it handles it all without flinching. I am thoroughly impressed, and would definitely recommend it. PROS: Powerful motor, smooth, quiet ride, car-like handling, comfortable seats, reliable, and go anywhere AWD CONS: Avg 16MPG, and the navigation is crap. (But, who uses the car nav with smartphones anyway?)

2007 Lexus GX 470

Kenny Brooks, 11/13/2006
4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the greatest vehicle I've ever purchased. Fun to drive, and rides like a dream. We test drove 14 other SUVs before our purchase of the Lexus. We are thinking about purchasing another GX 470 and replacing our 2004 Jaguar XJ8.

Look back

NJC, 04/07/2010
4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I previously wrote of my frustrations with this SUV re: its quirks and lack of modern features. However, I live in the Midwest and we were hit with a torrential winter in 2010. I had no idea how awesomely this vehicle would perform in the snow and ice. It's unshakable. I felt very confident driving in ice and snow that left other trucks and SUVs in the snow bank. Unbelievably good traction.

Why spend so much money

Real owner, 01/14/2007
4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have bought new Cadillac Escalades, a new one every year starting in 02 . I live in the mountains of New Mexico and am not in good health so reliability and comfort are top of the list . I had never even consided a Lexus . Drove the GX 470 and that was all it took, I traded my 06 Cad. I am very hard to please and I am truly happy with this car. You feel safe in snow, mud and on the highway. Value, check on the new price then look at a used one . Lexus holds its value. The heating and cooling are just right. This is a 4x4 built for comfort and 20 mpg is great when you consider what American 4x4's get.

Very Versatile SUV

L J , 01/07/2010
4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traded in an RX for an SUV with more room, comfort and performance. So far, this truck has not disappointed. Great looking without being flashy, lots of room for large items, very comfortable on long trips and can get up and go if you hit the gas on the freeway.

9.5/10, just a few things to work on

Vincent, 01/02/2007
4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is amazing. It has power and is full of torque. It has great pick up and the technology is fantastic. I'm very pleased with the comfort and the leg space, and the rear view camera is worth its weight in gold!

Quiet, Powerful, Joy to Drive

moxielady, 09/30/2006
4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Lexus SUV, and by far my favorite. It's unbelievably quiet, and tows a 6x10 covered trailer like nobody's businesss. LOVE the audio-in port, in which I can play my iPod or anything else. Brakes are steady and strong, not grabby. The new nav is mind- boggling and easy to use, and the bluetooth phone interface blows me away. There's lots of room for pax and cargo, and my dog loves the ease of access to the way back. Best vehicle I've ever owned.

51050