Used 2008 Kia Spectra Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Spectra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spectra model:

Goodbye Toyota, Nissan - Make Way For Spectra!
By William

2008 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new - standard 5 speed - now has 240,000 miles - replaced: Clutch at 200K miles, Alternator at 190K miles - that's it!!! DROP MICROPHONE AND WALKED AWAY!!! ENOUGH SAID! AWESOME LITTLE CAR!!

High miles and still going
By Michael brown

2008 Kia Spectra SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my spectra sx twice now I bought it used in 2014 when it had 280000 miles on it and haven't had to hardly do anything to it t runs as if it was a brand new car I got rid of it in April of 2016 when it had 302000 mile on it to get a 06 Yukon Denali and then recently this year I got it back at 304000 and now it has 305000 Iles and still running like new I love this car its roomy has great quality.

Love my little car
By Janet

2008 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my little white Spectra for nearly 10 years, and it has never ever, not once, given me a lick of trouble. It's not fancy, it's too old to have all the bells and whistles, but it has a great radio and CD player, climate control keeps me always comfortable, it's reliable and dependable, gets pretty good gas mileage, and gets me where I need to go every time. It holds two carseats in back, and a little person can fit between them, allowing me to transport four grandkiddos at a time. What more, really, does one need in a car? I love my little Spectra.

Zippy car!
By Teresa

2008 Kia Spectra EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I previously owned a 2005 Ford Freestyle, fully loaded. Never had an issue with this car and suddenly the transmission failed. I have never owned a Kia, until now. While I am disappointed in the lack of "extras", it is a simple car and what I could afford at the moment. It has a surprising bit of get up and go. I feel like I could pass anyone on the road. Everything on the inside (radio, trip meter, lights, etc.) is very easy to find and operate. I tend to think of it as a "sleeper" car because the acceleration is so awesome but it's just a simple four-door sedan. This would be a wonderful starter vehicle for someone. I plan to keep the car for a year and build my credit, but if I continue to be happy with it, I will be a Kia owner after this! Side note, I bought this car from a Kia dealership and it was very clean and I was told the mechanic tore it apart and fixed what was wrong (which wasn't much). Update: after owning for 6 months the only issue I have is the driver door cannot be opened from the inside. Seems to be a problem for other Spectra owners.

2008 kia spectra owned 10 years now
By Joseph Hall

2008 Kia Spectra LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2008 Kia Spectra from the dealer with 2 miles on it in april of 2008. I am pretty sure those 2 miles were put on by me in my test drive too. She now has 101K miles on her over 10 years and I can safely say this is the best car I've ever owned. Despite what the reviews seem to say here, my LX does have ac which has never once needed to be repaired, only recharged once. As for maintenance I have only had to do regular service, and, as long as you treat the car well, you'll most likely never have to do any advanced repairs for a long time to come. This car is amazingly reliable and affordable. It also has more climate control settings than your average car that costs twice as much, with 9 fan speeds and many more temperature settings than any other car I've driven. I love it and have come to rely on it.