Used 1994 GMC Sonoma Consumer Reviews

$829 - $1,759

Used Sonoma for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great Little Truck

mark455, 02/23/2003
SLE 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has been great. I purchased it used with 45000 miles and it now has 90000. I have done nothing but basic maintenace. I have had no problems whatsoever. The truck still looks new.

Economical/reliable but dull

tuffteach, 02/24/2003
SLS 2dr Club Coupe SB

Having owned this truck since it was new, I was impressed with the pep (for a four banger) and economy. Still gets 22-26 mpg with more than 110K on the odometer. GM still needs work on their use of plastic parts. Both outside mirrors have fallen off the truck while driving. Replacement parts are inexpensive, widely available. Big picture reliability has been good. Only big part to go out has been A/C system at 50K. Not the most exciting, but dead reliable.

Great truck for the price

Josh_, 09/15/2003
SLS 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

The first year of the new body style, I fianlly traded mine in on the last year or the same body style (2003). My 1994 GMC Sonoma 4x4 had 211,000 miles on it at the time. Only major repair was a new alternator at 160,000miles. Blue Book on these is very underrated.

poor performance

Eric C, 01/18/2004
SLS 2dr Regular Cab SB

Well first off the truck is a overall good truck, but the performance stinks. I definatelly recommend the best top of the line tires for traction. The brake system in it is awful, and it will skid or turn sideways very easily. How this truck hasn't caused more rear end collisions is a miracle, and but by God I think it would have. The brakes lock up and it takes forever to get this thing to stop, have been told was a problem with the anti lock braking system in them back them. I suggest you use pleny of room for stopping when driving especially if the road is wet at all, and be very careful, and never ever drive on snow, or else you got really good insurance.

My Rating

Earl Connell, 04/05/2004
SLE 2dr Club Coupe SB

This has been an excellent vehicle for my use. Good performance and fun to drive. Normal maintanance only for brakes and tires and service. Only major maintenance need was air conditioning leak. Average in excess of 20 mpg.