Used 1991 Geo Metro Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Geo Metro Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Metro model:

Second time around
By Jim Oddie

1991 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Convertible

I owned my first Geo in 1995. it was q 1991 that had been written off as totaled by the insurance co. I paid $3,500 for it. I drove it and loved it 'til 1999. I sold it because the family had grown and we needed a bigger car. Before then I had had two Fiat 600s--good cars for transportation, but required too much time in the shop. Four years ago I saw a 1991 on eBay. Not the exact same car, but its lookalike. I bought it and had it shipped from Mich.--been in Geo heaven ever since.

Beater... That'll run forever!
By Christian

1991 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Convertible

The roof , if it is a convertible is very touching, and make sure that you have a good roof or new roof... As is very hard to build one yourself, I tried did not work and I'm now ordering one off of eBay for $200. I know a few years back they gave this vehicle a MGP test and picking it up against the first Civic electric car and they both tied at 42 miles per gallon! I can put $10 in this vehicle and drive from Miami to Georgia and probably halfway back... I love this little girl I can't wait to get my new roof!

Garaged Geo Gem
By Betty Bosko

1991 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Convertible

This is a small 3 cylinder car. NO HOT ROD. It is very economical, fun to cruise with the top down. Just had this little gem repainted in the spring. Still drive it occasionally in the spring and fall. Air doesn't work and dealer said not worth repairing, would cost more than the car is worth. Get lots of admiring looks, she's a cutie.

Was given as a gift, but like riding a moped
By Clovis

1991 Geo Metro LSi 2dr Convertible

I got this car from my mom who no longer wants the hassle of driving stick and licensing and insuring it. It was a free car, but it had been in my family since 95. Minimal maintenance, a little surface rust from winter driving and sitting for over a year and a half in a back garage. Did an oil and oil/air filter change and she fired right up. Took a little for the brakes to scrape off the rust from the rotors, but she ran like a champ. Put Techron in and refilled the tank to clean the fuel delivery systems. It's bright yellow and has those 90's wave graphics on the side in purple in grey, so it's not the manliest car, and I'd almost say I'm embarrased to be seen in it, but it's a great throwback and a nice insurance policy if gas goes back to 4$ a gallon, and a unique a spare car and a convertible on sunny days, so I don't care. Pick up is actually better than you would think, but the car weighs a 1/3 of my 2013 G37 coupe. You really understand the advancements cars have made over the years and how spoiled we've become, but also how much fun the simple things can be. Next sunny day, I will be driving her around.

Turbo metro race ready
By Jarrett

1991 Geo Metro LSi 4dr Hatchback

Its a great car stock but can also be upgraded for cheap ive put brembo brake system a turbo and 5 speed tranny with stage 3 clutch and still have the original engine they look small and weak but they can handle way more then u would think i had to upgrade to a chain timing have rims done to it race seats alot better tgen newer cars with all these saftey features to get in the way a very simple engine to work on can lift out with just your hands has alot of work done id never want to sell it. for so cheap it can be made into something people would never exspect very good car