Used 1991 Geo Metro Consumer Reviews

$775 - $1,842

Used Metro for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Love my Metro Convertible!

onesmartchick, 05/16/2015
LSi 2dr Convertible

This post is far later than the dates of previous posts, but I am a newly acquired Metro Convertible owner. I read a lot of posts and googled information written by Metro owners to get educated before I took the plunge, and SO glad I did! It is a blast to drive, and being a stick, even more fun. Pristine condition 1991 with 93,000 miles, never seen winter, not a lick of rust, very comfortable even on long trips. The elderly man I purchased it from babied it from day 1. Seats were redone with 2" of foam added for comfort and recovered with vinyl. Door panel covers and floor carpeting also updated. Passed Etest and Certification with flying colours. Engine compartment is immaculate! 2FUN42! UPDATE: September 11, 2020: Still loving my Geo, now at 103,000 miles! Parts are inexpensive and very easy to come by, switched to full synthetic 5W30 and Wix filter shortly after buying the car and getting 58 mpg...very DIY friendly I baby my baby and drive between 60-65 mph. Hoping to hang on and enjoy the ride of this one for many years to come.

Best MPG

GeoownerinTexas, 07/20/2007
4dr Hatchback

This is a red 1991 Geo Metro 4 door hatchback 1.0L 3 cyl 5 speed (with a/c). It starts everytime. Parts are CHEAP! It costs VERY little to maintain. It's not a looker, I won't lie, but if you have a long commute, and can live without airbags, and ABS, I would recommend it. I do not feel super safe in this, but with extra caution, I've learned to absorb that fear! I do not reccommend this vehicle for more than 60 miles each way, or more than an hour drive with no traffic each way. It's not the most comfortable and it's very low to the ground. But with an average of 40-44 mpg, you can't go wrong. Shocks are poor. Overall build quality for a car this old is very good. Has 157000 miles.

Good Car

Good Car, 07/14/2007
LSi 2dr Convertible

Bought with 154K. Have owned 4 yrs. Great on gas 42/47 MPG. No major problems. Tune up in yard in 1 hr. Parts are cheap. I have 5 spd convertible w/ no options. Love it!!

WOW... all you need

Andrew, 05/22/2009
LSi 2dr Hatchback

I love this car. Second car I bought and only car I will need again. I get 50 mpg if I'm gentle. I have beaten on the vehicle a lot and does not want to break. Only magor issue was the rear main seal and it was a ok fix. I have put 30,000 miles on it since I bought it with and done only oil change and main seal. If I could only car I would drive. Vehicle handles better then my Jeep in the winter. The car gets a lot of laughs but when the gas prices reached $4 a gallon I was laughing and people started buying metros for $4000. I will have to say it is not the greatest car by a long shot. But compared to what I put in and got out. I'm very happy. Perfect college car

Garaged Geo Gem

Betty Bosko, 03/06/2017
LSi 2dr Convertible

This is a small 3 cylinder car. NO HOT ROD. It is very economical, fun to cruise with the top down. Just had this little gem repainted in the spring. Still drive it occasionally in the spring and fall. Air doesn't work and dealer said not worth repairing, would cost more than the car is worth. Get lots of admiring looks, she's a cutie.