Used 2011 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

Used Traverse for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Auto Transmission a potential death trap

plumbobby0, 05/29/2011
LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been subjected to a unexpected scare in my Traverse and wonder if anyone had the same fate. On accelerating to overtake there was a multiple shift of the gears (at least 2 back) which caused the motor to hesitate and put me in a precarious position of slowing down instead of speeding up to pass other vehicles. I have possessed a Cadillac SRX 2011 that had the same problem so I assume the the problem is in the transmission as both vehicles have the 6 speed auto tranny. I would be interested in hearing from other owners with same or similar problem

Power Steering rack out with less than 50,000 mile

J, 02/02/2016
LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this 2011 Traverse in June of 2015. It was a one owner vehicle and we felt it was a good buy. Less than a year later we are learning it's a major flop! We have already had the water pump replaced, the power steering system, and now the whole power steering rack is out. The dealership says this is a $1,800 Fix. I could see if this was a high mileage vehicle, but it has less than 50,000 miles! From what we have read this is a HUGE problem with this vehicle. Chevrolet really needs to look into this, as I feel the amount of other people with this exact problem may warrant a recall on this system. Buyer beware!

Built for safety!

keripatterson, 10/11/2011
LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We were involved in an accident. The other car was totaled and very little damage to my right front bumper area. My vehicle drives like a dream, performs fantastically, and is built like a tank for safety. The front end folded like it should have for optimal protection and safety. I love this car and it is so worth the money we paid for it.

Great car but for the Noxious Fumes that enter when stopping

sailor1, 07/22/2011
LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the vehicle. Very Comfortable. Mileage well its so so. 15 city and 19 Hwy (OK 20 going downhill on a long mountain highway). Nice amenities. Like it a heck of a lot better than my Honda Pilot that it replaced. Now for the negative. For some strange reason that the dealer can't figure out, when the AC is on Fresh Air coming in, and you come to a stop, you get noxious Sulfer like, or propane like smells coming into the passenger compartment. Doesn't happen when AC is on Recirculate. I've seen similar complaints on the Chevrolet Traverse Forum.

Extremely Disappointed!`

Karol Kendall, 03/06/2015
LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2011 Chevy Traverse has been nothing but trouble. As others in this forum have stated, the front defrost does not work correctly. We live in a cold climate and the heater quit working. The first time we had a problem with the Stabilitrak, we took it to the dealer who said "they could find nothing wrong". After two more times of experiencing "reduced power", we took it in again. I experienced reduced power from 70 MPH to 40 MPH on the freeway it was extremely dangerous since I was accelerating in the left lane and had to try to work my way through traffic to exit the freeway, missed an important meeting and now the vehicle has been at the dealer for repairs, needing a new throttle body. This car continues to be problematic. None of the dealers who have worked on the car have been able to fix the Stabilitrak problem. We have spent quite a lot of money, but the problem continues. As soon as we decide what type of vehicle we want, we are getting rid of this car.

Look elsewhere....

mislcat, 09/12/2014
LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Traverse with several upgrades including captain chairs in the rear, DVD, 20" wheels, nice looking Diamond White paint, in addition to other things. New, this vehicle was great, quiet, comfortable to ride in. Then the problems....The car quit on my wife twice while on the highway. It went into a reduced power mode and had to be towed. The first time, we paid for repairs at the dealer. The second time, they told us it was a warranty item and replaced something in the intake/fuel system. Then the water pump went out (another warranty item). Then three more recall items. Now the air conditioner has gone out! Several law firms are now contacting us regarding lemon laws. Now two of the a/c-heater vent actuators have failed. About a $1500 repair!

Great Bang for the Buck

muthagoose, 07/07/2011
LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in 2004 Saturn VUE AWD to make room for 3rd carseat and needed 3rd row. Also test drove Acadia,Enclave,Explorer,Pilot, and Highlander. Narrowed our choice between Highlander and Traverse. Both had very good ride and comfort, but Traverse won out primarily on room behind 3rd row (could not fit golf bag or stroller in Highlander if 3rd row up). Insisted on 2nd row captain's chairs for easier access to 3rd row (Pilot does not have this option). Would recommend captain's chairs if you plan on puting carseats in 2nd row, otherwise access to third row difficult. Almost have 1K miles on it and love it. Great get up & go when I need to pass someone. Very Happy so far.

2011 Chevrolet Traverse, Super SUV!

Robert Hudson, Jr, 11/08/2010
LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned several SUVs in the past from different manufacturers foreign and domestic, and my New 2011 Chevy Traverse 1LT AWD is the best SUV/Crossover I have ever owned. This vehicle accelerates very well from a dead start, to passing slower vehicles in highway traffic easily. The interior space and ride are exceptional. The driving, cornering, and overall handling in this vehicle. The instrumentation is situated very nicely. The Bluetooth, OnStar, and automatic starting features make this vehicle the perfect fit for our needs. Great for tailgating too!

Nice and roomy, poor running

Melynn, 04/21/2016
LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Where to start...steering wheel makes squeeky sound, clacking sound with hard left turns, ac compressor growls when it comes on, had leak in upper and lower ac lines and replaced, had ticking in engine and had timing chain replaced(at least dealership agreed on that), transmission slips, transmission whines under load of 4 normal sized adults in vehicle, starter sluggish, electronic wiring harness was corroded and had to be replaced after being left with no lights, upholstery poor and wearing prematurely, and on and on. Dealership tries to charge me a $91 fee for every time they have to look at it or try to diagnose something. Still under WRAP warranty until September. This was my 2nd traverse because the style works for our family. The 1st was a 2009 and had all 3 timing chains replaced x 3. Had several coils replaced and finally was able to get GM to agree there was a problem. Traded with their help for a 2011 and it did good until 50k miles. Falling apart fast! Can anyone recommend a reliable alternative??

Looks good, spacious interior. Not real impressed overall.

scole134, 01/17/2015
LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Traverse for less than a year & I'm dying to trade it in for something else. I love the look of the Traverse, but after owning one for a while now, the disappointments keep adding up. For one, it's horrible to drive in cold weather. It handles great, but the front defrost is the most useless thing ever made. The vent is like a foot wide & doesn't seem to blow outward at all. I can let the car warm up for a half hour & still have to scrape the sides of the windshield. Also, the heating system is flawed. When I change the temperature, it doesn't actually change, sometimes taking as long as 20 minutes to go from cold to hot. And now the check engine light is on because of a sensor.

12345...6