Used 1995 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews

Used Blazer for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Chevrolet Blazer

Kie, 10/25/2010
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car in 2008 because it was decently priced for a 4WD. I live in Montana where it snows half the year and I needed 4WD to be able to get out of my driveway every day to go to school. This was my first car and for about the first year it was good. The only problem I had with it was the alternator, which went bad. Its 4WD is awesome... I could get out of any drifts or ditches I was in. But then problems came at around 120,000 miles. My catalytic converter went out and I had that taken out, and my EGR valve has a build-up of carbon. Every week for the last month and a half I have been having to clean out the EGR valve. My Blazer got about 12 mpg... which is terrible.

Reliable vehicle with few flaws

Kurt Anderson, 02/12/2006
2dr SUV 4WD

I've owned my Blazer for 10 years now, original owner. The vehicle has proven to be very reliable, good off road, great towing, and nice on the highways. If I had to do it again, I would still buy this car. The car does have it's design problems: (1) every 40k I've had to pay $350 to get an emmissions valve replaced -- frustrating, (2) even though I have a heavy duty alternator package I've had to replace the battery 3 times -- again frustrating.

Solid car

confused, 04/20/2009
LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Had 100K on it when i bought it. I have had some minor issues with it but nothing major. It was the spare car for friends and family until i sold it to a friend. It now has 270K miles on it and still going strong. For 2 years it had no maintenance and was drove to hell and back. It has needed tires and spark plugs the typical. I had to replace the EGR valve (my dad did, if you do it correctly which most dont there are no more issues), the ac motor, and 4wd switch. Common it is 270K no suprise. I have spent maybe 750 for repairs in its life time. Never left me stranded even when it died from the egr valve started back up and got me home. I would buy another one and might actually.

Blazer

chevy blazer, 11/17/2006
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Blazer for $1800 and put 10,000 miles on it. So far $850 for tranny rebuild. Fuel pump put on before I got it. 4wd works when it wants to. Shake the wires on transfer case sometimes works. EGR no good but you can buy a piece of screen wire from dealer for $16-20 that will reduce carbon build up. Gas mileage in city between 10 or 12 miles to gallon. Gets 17 or 18 mpg on highway. Brakes are no good. On slick surfaces they pulsate and make an awful racket. I guess it is a very poor ABS system. Not to mention I got truck for $1800 because tail lights would not work. Looks nice with $150 exhaust I had to put on because muffer rusted apart. Trim is starting to come off now.

Chevy needs to improve blazers

Laredmun, 07/20/2003
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

i bought this 95 blazer LT with 123K i've only had to fix the brakes on it and replace two rotors the engine seems to lack power. the MPG is 16-17 ouch that hurts but other than that my blazer has performed well now it has 138K

Great first vehicle

nlv007, 04/11/2005
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This was my first vehicle, and I have not been dissapointed one bit! Interior is nicely designed, it does great in the snow, and it has been very reliable. The only major repair I've had to make is replacing the gas tank after it rotted out from too many Ohio winters. My Blazer does everything I want, and takes me everywhere I need to go.

Needs many improvements

kneebs, 09/23/2005
LS 2dr SUV

I have to put a lot of money in the car just go keep it in running condition. There always seems to be something wrong with it. I had to replace the transmission, the brakes a couple times, couple electrical problems. replace egr valve and fuel pump. I dont know what's gonna go wrong next.

13+ years with one family owner

DonnaMarie, 08/22/2008
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle has no rust - either garaged or in Florida; I had very little mileage on it until 2005 - but now have about 195,000 miles on it (almost all highway miles). Put brakes on it (my driving?), a couple alternators and anything needed to care for a vehicle that has been dependable and took me anyplace I wanted to go. USA Chevy family!

This car is absolute junk!

pvanaman, 10/31/2008
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the worst Chevy ever! Oil lines broke, destroying engine (there is no mention anywhere in owner's manual that the oil lines should be replaced at regular intervals) egr valve has to be replaced every 2 years. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel pump sending unit, nut kit, both handles that recline seats broke, windshield wipers work once in a while, brakes work so-so. 4x4 needs constant maintenance. Rust around rear wheels. I've owned Chevys for 40 years ands this will be my last one ever! No wonder they are losing market share to Japan.

Worst ever, do not buy!

Joseph, 11/13/2008
4dr SUV 4WD

Replaced upper and lower ball joints twice in three years- EGR sticking- over heats after replacing radiator, clutch fan, thermostat 3 times, water pump- catalytic converter twice- spider assembly- Ujoints due to rusting- brakes 4 or 5 times- oil coolant lines- fuel filter 4+ times- driver side mirror housing fell off- power mirror control does not work- 4 wheel drive works sometimes- fuel pump- heater core- plugs and wires half dozen times- battery twice The VIN letter to look out for is X.

12345...9