Skip to main content

MSRP Starting at
$51,400

Save as much as $1,401
Select your trim:

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2023 i4, so we've included reviews for other years of the i4 since its last redesign.

Ultimate EV Driving Machine

Razvan Simonica, 11/09/2022
2023 BMW i4 eDrive40 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I have owned the BMW i4 now for 2 weeks and it has not disappointed. The comfort level is outstanding and battery distance is unbelievable 300+ miles. It rides so nice and have receive multiple compliment on the choice of color, the San Remo Green. If anyone is contemplating an EV and wants something other than the same old Tesla I would highly recoutaki g a look at this beauty.

5 out of 5 stars

A wonderful car, if you can manage to get one

Don Norman, 11/08/2022
2023 BMW i4 M50 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

The BMW i4 has all of the safety and design features I seek, plus BMW's high quality of production. But to get all the safety features requires another $10,000 for the M 50 model -- they are not available as options for the straight i4. Driving the car was a pleasure, but I don't want all the performance features of the M series car: I want the safety ones. BMW has done a good job by its use of mechanical switches and knobs, not screens that take attention away from driving. Cars that are moving toward all digital touch screen displays instead of physical controls are making a serious safety error. BMW has the right mix: large screens to display information, but physical controls where attention to the road is essential. Their heads-up display is well done. But good luck on getting the vehicle. I can't even place the order because there are not enough slots allocated to dealers.

5 out of 5 stars

Very different experience with electric car.

Chuong Dang, 01/03/2023
2023 BMW i4 eDrive40 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I decided to choose the BMW as my first electric car. Advantages of sports car design, high performance. Cons: battery life is not as expected.

I love my 2023 i4 eDrive40

Mick1969, 12/28/2022
2023 BMW i4 eDrive40 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I got very lucky in that someone had backed out on their VERY well spec'd 2023 I4 eDrive40 in late Dec 22. It has everything I want and only missing what I don't want (such as parking assistance). This car is fast, smooth, comfortable and relaxing to drive. The Harmon Kardon is the best I've heard in a car (I've owned many, many BMWs) and dare I compare the sound to the Bowers and Wilkins? It sounds that good. And the hatchback is just awesome! Two thumbs up on this well built, good looking EV. Some of the comments made by the two testers are wrong (such as the cons - they shouldn't compare the engagement to an ICE vehicle), but they're entitled to make those type of comments.

4 out of 5 stars