Used 2017 Audi A4 Sedan
Which A4 does Edmunds recommend?
Edmunds' Expert Review
- Cabin looks cool and is impeccably constructed
- Cutting-edge and easy-to-use safety and technology features
- Backseat is spacious enough for adults
- Turbocharged engine provides quick acceleration
- Some initial hesitation from transmission when accelerating
- Lack of feedback from steering limits driver involvement
Overall rating4.5 / 5
The small luxury sedan class has a new valedictorian in the redesigned 2017 Audi A4. It delivers stirring performance without sacrificing comfort and all of the latest technology without overwhelming users. At least for the time being, this is the car to get in the segment.
The all-new A4 is a joy to drive, whether you're slicing your way through mountain switchbacks or just tackling your daily commute. On the inside, Audi's understated yet attractive interior design makes operating all of the many high-tech features easy, thanks to the intuitive MMI infotainment system and smartly placed physical buttons for more common functions.
To top it off, the A4 also provides plenty of space and comfort for front and rear passengers, accommodating even taller adults in back. Trust us, you'll want this car on your short list.
2017 Audi A4 models
The 2017 Audi A4 is a small luxury sedan available in three main trim levels: Premium, Premium Plus and Prestige. A more fuel-efficient A4 Ultra subtrim is also available in conjunction with the Premium and Premium Plus trims. Under the hood is a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine (252 horsepower and 273 pound-feet of torque). The A4 Ultra's engine is less powerful (190 hp and 236 lb-ft of torque) but gets better fuel economy.
Front-wheel drive is standard, with all-wheel drive (called Quattro in Audi lingo) optional. A seven-speed, dual-clutch automatic transmission comes with all A4s. A six-speed manual transmission is also available but only on all-wheel-drive A4s. The Ultra is offered only with front-wheel drive. Unless you really want maximum fuel economy, we'd suggest sticking with the regular A4 engine instead of the Ultra. You'll feel the power difference.
Standard feature highlights for the A4 Premium include 17-inch wheels, automatic xenon headlights, a forward collision mitigation system, adjustable drive settings (Audi's Drive Select), a sunroof, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, leather upholstery, power front seats, tri-zone climate control and folding rear seatbacks. Standard technology features include a rearview camera, Audi's MMI infotainment system with a 7-inch central display, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, and a 10-speaker audio system with two USB ports.
The optional Convenience package adds auto-dimming and power-folding side mirrors, keyless ignition and entry, driver-seat memory settings and satellite radio. Heated front seats are a stand-alone option.
Our favorite is the next step up, the Premium Plus. You get the Convenience package features and the heated front seats as standard, along with 18-inch wheels, LED headlights, sporty (S line) exterior styling flourishes, front and rear parking sensors, and a 19-speaker Bang & Olufsen surround-sound audio system.
The main option for the Premium Plus is the Technology package with rear collision mitigation, blind-spot monitoring, Audi Connect online services (with mobile Wi-Fi), a 12.3-inch Virtual Cockpit multifunction instrument cluster and an upgraded version of MMI (optional on the Premium) with an enhanced 8.3-inch display, navigation, voice controls and fingertip-scrawl recognition.
Finally, there's the top-of-the-line A4 Prestige. It comes with the Technology package as well as a head-up display, additional interior ambient lighting, a surround-view parking camera system and HD radio.
Notable option packages include the Sport, Sport Plus, Driver Assistance, Cold Weather and Warm Weather packages. You can also get adaptive suspension dampers if you buy a Prestige, but in our testing they didn't do much to improve the car's handling abilities.
|Overall||4.5 / 5|
Noise & vibration4.5
Ease of use4.5
Getting in/getting out3.5
Audio & navigation4.5
Most helpful consumer reviews
Features & Specs
Our experts like the A4 models:
- Audi Pre Sense City
- This system detects the threat of a front collision, warns the driver and applies the brakes if the driver doesn't act
- Audi Active Lane Assist
- If you start drifting out of your lane without signaling, this system will alert you as well as nudge you back.
- Audi Connect
- Help is just a button push away, summoning roadside assistance if needed. In an accident, emergency responders are contacted automatically.
NHTSA Overall Rating5 out of 5 stars
- Frontal Barrier Crash RatingOverall5 / 5DriverNot RatedPassengerNot Rated
- Side Crash RatingOverall5 / 5
- Side Barrier RatingOverallNot RatedDriverNot RatedPassengerNot Rated
- Combined Side Barrier & Pole RatingsFront SeatNot RatedBack SeatNot Rated
- RolloverRollover5 / 5Dynamic Test ResultNo TipRisk Of RolloverNot Rated
- Side Impact TestGood
- Roof Strength TestGood
- Rear Crash Protection / Head RestraintGood
- IIHS Small Overlap Front TestNot Tested
- Moderate Overlap Front TestGood
Used 2017 Audi A4 Sedan Overview
The Used 2017 Audi A4 Sedan is offered in the following styles: 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI Premium quattro Season of Audi Selection 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI ultra Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI ultra Premium Season of Audi Selection 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI Prestige 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI ultra Premium Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM), 2.0 TFSI Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M), 2.0 TFSI Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M), and 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M). Pre-owned Audi A4 Sedan models are available with a 2.0 L-liter gas engine, with output up to 252 hp, depending on engine type. The Used 2017 Audi A4 Sedan comes with all wheel drive. Available transmissions include: 7-speed automated manual. The Used 2017 Audi A4 Sedan comes with a 4 yr./ 50000 mi. basic warranty, a 4 yr./ unlimited mi. roadside warranty, and a 4 yr./ 50000 mi. powertrain warranty.
What's a good price on a Used 2017 Audi A4 Sedan?
Price comparisons for Used 2017 Audi A4 Sedan trim styles:
- The Used 2017 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Premium quattro is priced between $23,590 and$29,499 with odometer readings between 17613 and71291 miles.
- The Used 2017 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus quattro is priced between $24,995 and$33,998 with odometer readings between 13575 and93305 miles.
- The Used 2017 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Premium is priced between $22,999 and$28,998 with odometer readings between 18395 and66205 miles.
- The Used 2017 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI ultra Premium is priced between $24,999 and$31,590 with odometer readings between 31231 and57292 miles.
- The Used 2017 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus is priced between $26,990 and$29,995 with odometer readings between 26782 and64596 miles.
- The Used 2017 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Premium quattro Season of Audi Selection is priced between $21,499 and$26,999 with odometer readings between 42939 and65075 miles.
- The Used 2017 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI ultra Premium Season of Audi Selection is priced between $23,999 and$30,990 with odometer readings between 33608 and70748 miles.
- The Used 2017 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Prestige is priced between $32,998 and$32,998 with odometer readings between 26771 and26771 miles.
- The Used 2017 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI Prestige quattro is priced between $29,499 and$29,499 with odometer readings between 63575 and63575 miles.
Shop with Edmunds for perks and special offers on used cars, trucks, and SUVs near Ashburn, VA. Doing so could save you hundreds or thousands of dollars. Edmunds also provides consumer-driven dealership sales and service reviews to help you make informed decisions about what cars to buy and where to buy them.
Which used 2017 Audi A4 Sedans are available in my area?
Used 2017 Audi A4 Sedan Listings and Inventory
There are currently 57 used and CPO 2017 Audi A4 Sedans listed for sale in your area, with list prices as low as $21,499 and mileage as low as 13575 miles. Simply research the type of used car you're interested in and then select a prew-owned vehicle from our massive database to find cheap used cars for sale near you. Once you have identified a used or CPO vehicle you're interested in, check the AutoCheck vehicle history reports, read dealer reviews, and find out what other owners paid for the Used 2017 Audi A4 Sedan.
Shop Edmunds' car, SUV, and truck listings of over 6 million vehicles to find a cheap used, or certified pre-owned (CPO) 2017 Audi A4 Sedan for sale near you.
Can't find a used 2017 Audi A4 A4 Sedan you want in your area? Consider a broader search.
Find a used Audi A4 for sale - 6 great deals out of 14 listings starting at $9,690.
Find a used Audi for sale - 8 great deals out of 16 listings starting at $20,493.
Find a used certified pre-owned Audi A4 for sale - 9 great deals out of 24 listings starting at $16,273.
Find a used certified pre-owned Audi for sale - 9 great deals out of 14 listings starting at $24,605.
Should I lease or buy a 2017 Audi A4?
Is it better to lease or buy a car? Ask most people and they'll probably tell you that car buying is the way to go. And from a financial perspective, it's true, provided you're willing to make higher monthly payments, pay off the loan in full and keep the car for a few years. Leasing, on the other hand, can be a less expensive option on a month-to-month basis. It's also good if you're someone who likes to drive a new car every three years or so.